Prev1
CG_Tusken_Meathead
384 posts EA Community Manager
hdd9e7vk5q5c.png

UNIT NAME: Captain Rex
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Support, Clone Trooper, Phoenix, Rebel, Rebel Fighter

Key Attributes:
  • Captain Rex provides a much needed lift to the Phoenix squad by making use of Hera’s Leader ability to call all other Phoenix allies when a Phoenix character uses a Special ability
  • Captain Rex has a strong synergy with critical chance and provides additional effects to his allies when he scores a critical hit
  • Captain Rex earns Turn Meter for applying debuffs with his Special ability, Suppressing Fire, and when Phoenix and Clone Trooper allies gain debuffs
  • Has an Omicron that works differently in GAC 5v5 and 3v3

Inspiration:
  • This is Rex as we see him in Rebels, a seasoned warrior who isn’t afraid to push back against the Empire but who still prioritizes his team
  • While not a core part of the Phoenix team, he did help them on enough missions we wanted to pay homage to that by giving him the Phoenix tag (and a Unique ability that all the other Phoenix characters can share)
  • We also took into consideration his time in the Clone Wars with his Omicron in 3v3, allowing him to complete a team alongside Commander Cody and Clone Sergeant Phase I
  • Captain Rex’s Special ability Master Marksman was inspired by the time in his debut episodes on Star Wars Rebels when he shoots the Imperial Probe Droid
  • Captain Rex’s Basic ability is a nod to his friendship with Ahsoka Tano, and takes inspiration from Focused Slash

Strategy Tips:
  • Critical Chance and Potency Mods are his friend
  • Unlike other SWGOH characters, Captain Rex’s Special 2 inflicts Tenacity down prior to applying other Debuffs
  • Captain Rex performs better against some squads with varying Phoenix members on his team, allowing for the other Phoenix squad members to be moved around situationally

FAQ:
How do I obtain Captain Rex?
Captain Rex is a Marquee unit that will be available starting on Thursday at 11a Pacific
Why is the Marquee only 3 tiers?
We’re experimenting with reducing the friction it takes to unlock Marquee units, while at the same time demonstrating his ideal team facing off against a team they were specifically designed to beat.
Have a question about Captain Rex’s Kit? Fill out this form here:
CLICK HERE
Question Deadline:06/21/2023, 10:59 AM PT

ABILITIES:
BASIC: Aim, Then Fire
jnbd9hsrkvo5.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice. Whenever this attack scores a critical hit, dispel all debuffs on Captain Rex and another random Clone Trooper or Phoenix ally.

SPECIAL 1: Master Marksman (CD: 3) (Zeta)
jb40i7mvgpk4.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Stun them for 1 turn. If this attack scores a critical hit, all allies recover 15% Health and Protection. If this attack defeats the target enemy, reset the cooldowns of all Clone Trooper and Phoenix allies.

SPECIAL 2: Suppressing Fire (CD: 3)
a4p4e3uprak2.gif

Final Text: Inflict Tenacity Down, which can't be evaded, and Daze on all enemies for 2 turns. Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Offense Down for 2 turns. Clone Trooper and Phoenix allies gain 5% Turn Meter for each debuff inflicted by this ability, and all allies gain Critical Chance Up and Offense Up for 2 turns.

UNIQUE 1:The Lost Commander (Zeta, Omicron)

Final Text:Captain Rex gains 25% Critical Chance, 40% Max Health, 25 Speed, and 40% Tenacity.

Whenever any other Phoenix ally uses a Special ability, Rex assists dealing 40% less damage. Whenever a Clone Trooper ally falls below 50% Health, they recover 35% Health and Protection (limit once per turn) and gain 50% Defense and Tenacity Up for 2 turns. Whenever a Clone Trooper or Phoenix ally is inflicted with a debuff, Rex gains 5% Turn Meter per debuff and all allies recover 5% Health and Protection.
While in Grand Arenas: Rex gains 30% Critical Damage and an additional 60% Max Health and 25 Speed.
While in 5v5 Grand Arenas and all allies are Phoenix at the start of battle: whenever an ally is inflicted with Ability Block or Daze, they dispel it and inflict 2 stacks of Damage Over Time on all enemies for 3 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted. Whenever Captain Rex uses his Basic ability he recovers 10% Health and Protection.
While in 3v3 Grand Arenas and all allies are Clone Troopers at the start of battle: whenever an ally assists they have a 50% chance to dispel all buffs on the target enemy and they inflict Armor Shred until the end of the encounter, which can't be evaded or resisted.

Replies

• TargetEadu
    1584 posts Member
    Options
    Unexpected, but not unwelcome!
  • Options
    Is this a GL Leia confirmed?!
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options

What does Rex have to do with Leia?
  • Options
    Great way to revive Phoenix and have a second 3v3 clone team
  • Options
    Why are we getting more marquees when we should be getting Cal....
  • Starslayer
    2419 posts Member
    Options
    So, Asoka Hero’s journey for the release of Asoka’s new show ?
  • Options
    WHERE IS CAL?!
  • TargetEadu
    1584 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    UNIQUE 1:The Lost Commander (Zeta, Omicron)

Final Text:Captain Rex gains 25% Critical Chance, 40% Max Health, 25 Speed, and 40% Tenacity.

Whenever any other Phoenix ally uses a Special ability, Rex assists dealing 40% less damage. Whenever a Clone Trooper ally falls below 50% Health, they recover 35% Health and Protection (limit once per turn) and gain 50% Defense and Tenacity Up for 2 turns. Whenever a Clone Trooper or Phoenix ally is inflicted with a debuff, Rex gains 5% Turn Meter per debuff and all allies recover 5% Health and Protection.
    While in Grand Arenas: Rex gains 30% Critical Damage and an additional 60% Max Health and 25 Speed.
    While in 5v5 Grand Arenas and all allies are Phoenix at the start of battle: whenever an ally is inflicted with Ability Block or Daze, they dispel it and inflict 2 stacks of Damage Over Time on all enemies for 3 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted. Whenever Captain Rex uses his Basic ability he recovers 10% Health and Protection.
    While in 3v3 Grand Arenas and all allies are Clone Troopers at the start of battle: whenever an ally assists they have a 50% chance to dispel all buffs on the target enemy and they inflict Armor Shred until the end of the encounter, which can't be evaded or resisted.

Question - is this entire Unique shared with Pheonix allies under Hera Lead? Does that mean if one ally is debuffed, all allies recover 5% Max Health/Prot per Pheonix ally (so 25% each at the start)? What about the Omicron?
  • Klogott
    57 posts Member
    Options

The longer we don't get Cal, the more People can get him.
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    ThiccNikk wrote: »
    WHERE IS CAL?!

IMPERIAL AGENTS WANT TO KNOW
  • Klogott
    57 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

You are Wrong. As a Star wars Fan, you must say: A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.
  • Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

He was retconned as part of the Endor assault team by the rebels show.
  • Options
    Is this a GL Leia confirmed?![/quote for the month September
  • Juldi
    60 posts Member
    Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

Maybe because he is with commando on Endor?
  • Options
    Love the many tags he's carrying, will be super useful to be able to slot him into like 4-5 different squads
  • Options
    Klogott wrote: »

The longer we don't get Cal, the more People can get him.

And they wonder why nobody buys their toons anymore lol
  • TargetEadu
    1584 posts Member
    Options
    Klogott wrote: »

You are Wrong. As a Star wars Fan, you must say: A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

https://media.tenor.com/2RgaNRrjoZ8AAAAC/unexpected-but.gifqiqeyg952srh.gif
  • IvoB1987
    495 posts Member
    Options
    So does "Whenever any other Phoenix ally uses a Special ability, Rex assists dealing 40% less damage" get copied to all other Phoenix too with Hera lead? Meaning Rex will assist 5 times on each special ability? I'm guessing most likely not but you should really explicitly write that in the ability. Otherwise he really should assist 5 times if you take the wording of the abilities literally.
  • TargetEadu
    1584 posts Member
    Options
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    So does "Whenever any other Phoenix ally uses a Special ability, Rex assists dealing 40% less damage" get copied to all other Phoenix too with Hera lead? Meaning Rex will assist 5 times on each special ability? I'm guessing most likely not but you should really explicitly write that in the ability. Otherwise he really should assist 5 times if you take the wording of the abilities literally.

I think “Rex” gets changed to whoever it’s shared with. So everyone else assists once when a Pheonix uses a special.
  • IvoB1987
    495 posts Member
    Options
    IvoB1987 wrote: »

I think “Rex” gets changed to whoever it’s shared with. So everyone else assists once when a Pheonix uses a special.

You're probably right as the first bullet point at the top seems to imply that
  • Roguesaber
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    He should be Commander Rex, he was promoted in Season 7 of TCW when he and Ashoka lead the final mission to Mandalore just before Order 66 was issued.
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • Options
    Roguesaber wrote: »
    He should be Commander Rex, he was promoted in Season 7 of TCW when he and Ashoka lead the final mission to Mandalore just before Order 66 was issued.
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

He was stripped of rank as well, so technically he wouldn't be either. On top of that, his rank in the republic doesn't automatically give him that rank in the rebellion. We are just assuming that in the rebellion he was given the rank of commander again.
  • Options
    Actually I do believe he was demoted because he was in direct violation of order 66, when he was found to be fraternizing with the enemy (Asoka).
  • Zenbreon
    323 posts Member
    Options
    Ooo! Also to the people are asking about how Rex relates to a possible GL Leia, Rex served in the Battle of Endor, so this could imply a Endor Leia Organa
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2337 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I submitted this as a question already but I wanted to post it here as well to give it more light:

Seeing as how this new Rex has a GAC omicron that can function (albeit it functions differently) in both 5v5 and 3v3, will CG revisit GAC omicrons that can only be used in either 5v5 or 3v3?

Doctor Aphra, BT-1, and 0-0-0 specifically come to mind, and I feel it’d be more than fair for a Legendary character’s Omicron to be considered for a rework if a Marquee has more flexibility.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • crzydroid
    7340 posts Moderator
    Options
    "Unlike other SWGOH characters, Captain Rex’s Special 2 inflicts Tenacity down prior to applying other Debuffs"

-- there are definitely other characters who do this.

So I'm guessing Hera's lead allows the omicron portion of the unique to be shared as well?

I believe you mean, "A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one."
  • Options
    I submitted this as a question already but I wanted to post it here as well to give it more light:

Seeing as how this new Rex has a GAC omicron that can function (albeit it functions differently) in both 5v5 and 3v3, will CG revisit GAC omicrons that can only be used in either 5v5 or 3v3?

Doctor Aphra, BT-1, and 0-0-0 specifically come to mind, and I feel it’d be more than fair for a Legendary character’s Omicron to be considered for a rework if a Marquee has more flexibility.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead

The Tusken Omnis would also be awesome to have 5v5 functionality for.
  • Options
    Tuskens too yeah and I’d be fine with different functionality between 3v3 and 5v5 too, just like how this new Rex has. There’s enough having to differentiate between TB/TW/Raid omis it shouldn’t restrict between different GACs too…