Hoping for some team advice

isisius
16 posts Member
edited April 2016
Hey guys, been playing a while now, was hoping for some advice on the best team i can currently build for PVP. I'm currently sitting between 30 and 15 most of the time on my shard.
I wont tell you my current lineup to avoid bias, but im guessing its pretty easy to figure it out due to levels and stars.
Oh also, im completely FTP (the prices are crazy in Australia)

Ive got Light side battles down easily, (thanks to having 3 solid healers) but im having a few issues with the later Dark side battles, so advice on who i should level/farm for that would also be good.

Currently having Bariss as leader in Galactic war makes the whole thing pretty simple (currently use Bariss, Lumi, JC, IG-88 and IG-86), So im pretty good for that.

Current relevant line up.

Lumi (7*, 8 gear, lvl 71)
HK 47 (7*, 8 gear, lvl 72)
Poggle (6*, 8 gear, lvl 72)
IG-88 (7*, 8 gear, lvl 72)
IG-66 (7*, 8 gear, lvl 72)
Bariss (5*, 8 gear, lvl 71)
Royal G(5*, 8 gear(-1 piece), lvl 72)
Poe (6*, 8 gear(-1 piece), lvl 70)
JC (5*, 8 gear, lvl 69)
Old Daka (5* 8 gear, lvl 66)
Vader (5* 7 gear, lvl 60)
Luke (5* 7 gear, lvl 60)
Lando (4*, 7 gear, lvl 61)
Mace (5*, 7 gear, lvl 50)
Ahsoka (5*, 7 gear, lvl 51)

Got a few others unlocked but all are 4* or below and gear 4 or below.
eg, Darth Sideous (4* lvl 1, 0 gear), Geo Soldier (2* lvl 45, gear 4), Greedo, Magna Gaurd, Biggs, Magma, Chewie, Teebo (for the Mace challenge)

So, any advice for PVP and dark side maps would be appreciated.
Also happy for suggestions on other modes to see if it matches my own current ones and if i could improve.
Happy to take suggestions on who my next focus should be to improve any map as im a bit directionless at the moment, for example if i'm missing some crucial piece or 2 to make a good team, then lay it on me.

TLDR, Looking for advice on Arena and Dark Side teams.
Post edited by isisius on

Replies

• Options
    How far are you in darkside battles?
  • Options
    Up to Hard 7 and 8, but cant seem to nail the 3* in roughly half of them.
    RG seems to soak up too much damage over 3 fights.
  • Options
    When did you start playing to have an idea of your shard's maturity? Also, the meta may shift very soon with the fortitude balance coming shortly so I would advise against making any big shifts.

As far as your dark side problems, I would think you need to get Daka up another star. She needs more hp to survive. I'd definitely get GS up. Even with a meta shift, he will still be very useful for gw and dark side missions. Also, he is a pretty easy farm. I would suggest against ig88 because of his low hp. Even though he self heals, he can get one hit by ewoks in higher dark side missions. Sid is very helpful for both gw and dark side because of his sadistic glee self heal.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Does an RG droid team work for arena?

Basicly if the opponents assist attack on 88 misses or a weak player is called RGs guard goes up and 88 gets a turn.

So something like
    HK/Pog lead
    RG

I've never seen a team like that so don't know.

I think GS is pretty important for dark side as he takes out threats before they move. if you can borrow one it would help.
  • Options
    I started late Jan.
    Around 60% of teams are QGJ lead. and maybe 30% have Dooku lead.
    The actual teams tend to vary but lots of Kylo Rens, Yodas and a fair few Reys. Every man and his dog also seems to have Darth Sideous.
    Everyone seems to be around lvl 72-73, I am about a thousand xp off 73 myself.
    I basically fell into a droid team because i farmed HK47 early because i loved him on KOTOR and KOTOR 2. Then i realized he **** without other droids lol.
    RG droid team is what im actually running at the moment, HK(L) Ig88, ig86, poggle, RG. Basically it all comes down to whether they kill someone before RG taunts. If they dont, poggle activates, IGs both activate, (88 goes twice with his aoe crits giving him another turn) and much mayhem is had.
    However with all the assists going around, the IGs are both very susceptible to being assist combod and dieing in 1 go. If i lose an IG the fight becomes a very close one. If i lose poggle, i tend to lose.
    I can start farming Daka with cantina shards now i guess, i just got Ashoka up to 5 star so i can get Yoda next cycle.
    And ive seen a LOT of people with GS. Maybe its time for me to start staring him up in case i decide i want to use him. Not sure who i'd drop from my current droid team in arena is all. Unless i need to completely shake up my team.
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    I've been using Geo since the beginning. He's such a beast in the damage department.
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Basicly if the opponents assist attack on 88 misses or a weak player is called RGs guard goes up and 88 gets a turn.

So something like
    HK/Pog lead
    RG

I think GS is pretty important for dark side as he takes out threats before they move. if you can borrow one it would help.

This .. On offense it's pretty awesome, but you kinda need GS and at 70+ RG weds continued work

On defense you will be sought out

Right now .. Could try Lumi lead for dodge, then the 80's, Pog for off up and speed and RG for defense and give lumi time to heal

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

So something like
    HK/Pog lead
    RG

This .. On offense it's pretty awesome, but you kinda need GS and at 70+ RG weds continued work

On defense you will be sought out

Right now .. Could try Lumi lead for dodge, then the 80's, Pog for off up and speed and RG for defense and give lumi time to heal

The dodge for non jedi isnt all that high though is it?
    And im a bit hesitant to give away the crit chance that HK gives the droids, plus the turn meter.
    Not totally against, just a bit nervous.
    The only issue i have with this strategy is that i'm not sure if the dodge chance is high enough to justify losing the huge crit chance and turn boosts HK gives, and with my current team, im almost guaranteed a win if the taunt goes off before someone is killed.
    Removing HK and adding Lumi as lead would give me like a 6.5% chance to dodge(right?). I think that with Lumi as lead if one of my droids gets 1 shot i still lose the fight, but if they dont get one shot with Lumi as a lead im not in as good a spot as i was with HK lead. Does that make sense? Let me know if you disagree.
    But i like the idea, always happy to spitball ideas :)
  • Options
    Agreed it's about the same. Lumi and RG together can be dangerous. If no one gets one shot, RG taint activates. Lumi heals hurt toon back to over half and give RG help. Then you have the auto taunt to proceed again.

But the crit turn up bonus for HK helps a lot as well. Too bad we don't have a practice area in the game to test the teams out :wink:

Good luck
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader