Removal of 3v3

Prev1
Can we please remove 3v3 GAC from the game!? It is the worst game mode ever implemented. I hate having to play this every other month. It's an absolute hateful experience. The only reason why I even put 10% effort into it was the fact CG s making me do it for crystal income. If we can't remove this garbage could we at least have it be optional? Or every 3 months!

Replies

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    No, they will not be removing it.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Nor should they
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    DarthMidge wrote: »
    Can we please remove 3v3 GAC from the game!? It is the worst game mode ever implemented. I hate having to play this every other month. It's an absolute hateful experience. The only reason why I even put 10% effort into it was the fact CG s making me do it for crystal income. If we can't remove this garbage could we at least have it be optional? Or every 3 months!

It is optional. Sign up - do one battle - exit the game mode. Takes about one minute out of my week when 3v3 is active.

I wouldn't mind if it went away - but as it is now, I only have to do GAC every other month and it's glorious. I'm fine with it. If 5v5 were up all the time, I'd have been burned out on it ages ago.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Apparently, I'm in the minority but I like 3v3. It's a nice change of pace and makes me have to reconsider team comps.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    In a way I don't mind it.... Just wish there were more leaders to put in leader slots so not as many of my toons went unused.....
  • Options
    Can we please keep 3v3
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Can we please keep 3v3

Yes
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Apparently, I'm in the minority but I like 3v3. It's a nice change of pace and makes me have to reconsider team comps.

I like it too.

It's a different game mode. Which is good.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Can we please keep 3v3

Yes
    Thank you!
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Options
    I like it, I know others in my guild that like it and so do players above. Stop whining and and simply don't play it versus taking away from others.
    Ego tranquillo tempestatem
  • Options
    I'd argue CG implementing 3v3 took away from those of us that liked it when it was all 5v5. CG could always run them concurrently and let us all sign up for the one we prefer.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I'd argue CG implementing 3v3 took away from those of us that liked it when it was all 5v5. CG could always run them concurrently and let us all sign up for the one we prefer.

Meh. I don't much care for 3v3, but I like how they have it setup now. Alternating is better than creating some weird system where we have to pick and one side gets way more engagement.
  • Options
    Why do we care if one side gets way more engagement?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

This doesn't work when the entire premise of GAC is to pit the entire player base against itself and reward based on ranking....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

This doesn't work when the entire premise of GAC is to pit the entire player base against itself and reward based on ranking....

Then CG could just remove 3v3 from the game... or redefine their premise.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Or just keep things as they are.....
  • Options

Or don't becuase many people don't like 3v3. I've heard two arguments here against letting players choose. One is that 3v3 would be underpopulated because people don't like it as much (not much of an argument for forcing people to play it). The other is that it goes against some premise that is hardly set in stone.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Because it then erodes both sides. You don't like 3v3? Well, good news, it's already optional. Just don't play it.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Or don't becuase many people don't like 3v3. I've heard two arguments here against letting players choose. One is that 3v3 would be underpopulated because people don't like it as much (not much of an argument for forcing people to play it). The other is that it goes against some premise that is hardly set in stone.

You have been around this forum long enough to know that "many" people don't like "many" things in this game... If it weren't for complaints this place would be a ghost town....

If we want to speak in terms of compelling arguments I don't see any being made as to why the status quo should change either....

• Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options

Because it then erodes both sides. You don't like 3v3? Well, good news, it's already optional. Just don't play it.

I wouldn't agree that it is optional because it is a source (for some even the main source) for crystals.

I agree that it would be nice if something would be changed because in addition of what has been stated it also is partly responsible why bigger accounts drop to lower leagues.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

I wouldn't agree that it is optional because it is a source (for some even the main source) for crystals.

I agree that it would be nice if something would be changed because in addition of what has been stated it also is partly responsible why bigger accounts drop to lower leagues.

You have likely seen me post this in other threads but, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, CG should do something with these bigger accounts that drop due to inactivity ie. setting them aside in their own division where they fight themselves so that they don't affect the gameplay / enjoyment of others...

I'd prefer to get the root cause of the problem fixed rather than see them implement a solution that effects the entire remaining player base....
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1791 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I didn't complain about it being "mandatory".

I don't dislike 3v3, I just like it significantly less than 5v5. Under the current system, my favorite game mode is significantly reduced.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

You have likely seen me post this in other threads but, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, CG should do something with these bigger accounts that drop due to inactivity ie. setting them aside in their own division where they fight themselves so that they don't affect the gameplay / enjoyment of others...

I'd prefer to get the root cause of the problem fixed rather than see them implement a solution that effects the entire remaining player base....

Yeah, that is an issue in itself. And I agree. Something really needs to be done about that and there were a few good ideas floating around the forums, including yours 😉
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options

You have been around this forum long enough to know that "many" people don't like "many" things in this game... If it weren't for complaints this place would be a ghost town....

If we want to speak in terms of compelling arguments I don't see any being made as to why the status quo should change either....

Well.. the status quo was only 5v5... twice. But, since alternating 3v3/5v5 has been around longer in total than only 5v5, I'll accept it as status quo.

Why should it change? Because it'd make the players happy. Maybe enough to spend money?

Why shouldn't it change? Because it will take time/resources from CG that could be better spent elsewhere.

Seeing where CG has spent their time and energy as of late, I'm okay with 3v3 still being around. But I'll always mention my preferred alternative when it comes up because sometimes CG does make changes.

Once upon a time, I spent days arguing with Kyno about how GAC should have a ladder or elo that determines rank and to do away with GP matchmaking. I was told it would never happen. And it did! I am in no way saying that they made the changes because I asked them to. But maybe they picked up on the discussion (I wasn't the only one asking for something similar).
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    It wouldn't make me happy..... Nor would it make any of the other players that are in this thread that have expressed that they like 3v3 happy...

Honestly, we could get into a semantic argument here but the "ideal" solution from a game-wide perspective would be to run 3v3 according to it's popularity rating.... If 1/3 players like it then run it every third GAC etc...

One thing we both agree on, there are other things we'd like them to work on...
  • Options
    To be clear, I'm not advocating for removing 3v3, just letting players choose. Having the choice would make you unhappy?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    To be clear, I'm not advocating for removing 3v3, just letting players choose. Having the choice would make you unhappy?

No, but not feeling I am competing against the entire player base to see where I (and my roster and skill) stand would.....
  • Options
    Fair enough. Will settle for our mutual hope that CG is working on new goodies :)
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Well.. the status quo was only 5v5... twice. But, since alternating 3v3/5v5 has been around longer in total than only 5v5, I'll accept it as status quo.

Why should it change? Because it'd make the players happy.

Which players?
  • Options
    The ones that are happy to choose the mode they prefer. Presumably, most would be happy playing their preferred mode all the time.