Kyrotech salvage origins question

The kyrotech shock prods and battle computers are no doubt a bottleneck for a good portion of the playerbase but one thing is bugging me. I seem to recall that these salvage originally started as gear 12 finishers about the time gear 13 and relics were first rolled out. It only seems evident to me since any toons that existed in the game prior to their inclusion only need kyrotech salvage to reach gear 13 whereas any toons after started requiring them just to clear gear 8 or 9. Am I right or wrong? Just curious as I am currently gearing up jabba right now and dont recall going through this much particular salvage when I finished slkr.

Replies

• Options
    You are wrong.

They were introduced way back in 2019, and almost all characters released since then have needed them at around g8 or above.
  • StarSon
    7461 posts Member
    Options
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    Just curious as I am currently gearing up jabba right now and dont recall going through this much particular salvage when I finished slkr.

You don't remember using so much because the SLKR reqs only needed kyro for finishers. As Darjelo said, they were introduced with DR. DR needs a couple hundred, starting at g8, and every character needs 100 of them for the finisher piece.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification. Kyrotech salvage bottlenecking never really impacted my progress so much so than it does now which is why I tend to avoid developing newer toons unless they are required for gl events that i actually want to unlock. Before jabba I mostly just bought them whenever they were in various shops or randomly farmed for them if I wasn't focused on shards. I think that because jabba demands so much of the kyrotech salvage just to clear a single gear level I'm finally seeing why so many players hate these things.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification. Kyrotech salvage bottlenecking never really impacted my progress so much so than it does now which is why I tend to avoid developing newer toons unless they are required for gl events that i actually want to unlock. Before jabba I mostly just bought them whenever they were in various shops or randomly farmed for them if I wasn't focused on shards. I think that because jabba demands so much of the kyrotech salvage just to clear a single gear level I'm finally seeing why so many players hate these things.

It is what it is. If it wasn't Kyros it would just be something else. Remember when Mark V stun guns were needed everywhere in large quantities? Presumably that bottleneck was eased because of Kyros and also relic materials.

If you wanted to be glass half-full. They do serve a purpose as everyone getting everything to G13 and high relics doesn't really help anyone.

And what you describe about being selective about you develop sounds sensible to me. Personally I only really work on one squad at a time and don't stop until I've finished it.

• Jacgul
    232 posts Member
    Options
    I typically do one new character who needs 3 sets of both kinds, alongside 2-4 characters who only need them for for g13.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Just curious as I am currently gearing up jabba right now and dont recall going through this much particular salvage when I finished slkr.

You don't remember using so much because the SLKR reqs only needed kyro for finishers. As Darjelo said, they were introduced with DR. DR needs a couple hundred, starting at g8, and every character needs 100 of them for the finisher piece.

Respectfully thats not true about SLKR reqs. Im doing Sith Trooper for Leviathon and have needed 100 Kyros to attain both Gear X and XI levels.
  • StarSon
    7461 posts Member
    Options
    Duncan1972 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Respectfully thats not true about SLKR reqs. Im doing Sith Trooper for Leviathon and have needed 100 Kyros to attain both Gear X and XI levels.

Missed Red in the list. Oops. Still, just the one character, as opposed to all of the characters as sometimes happens now.
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    I still need them for Mando, Armorer, Dark Trooper and a few other toons for sub G12 levels. I had been slowly putting them towards older toons, but the never ending additions and new things to chase keep me from finishing off the older toons. Currently throwing most of them towards Cal toons. Nothing worse than using the 100 kyro to finish a gear tier only to need 200 for the next tier.
  • Options
    IIRC the first 4 characters all from 2019 were......
    Darth Revan, Padme, GAS, Shaak Ti ?
    And almost everyone but a couple of the Mando Season-1 characters (Kuiil, IG11) have required 300-500 instead of just the basic 100 at G12.

Kyrotech, the new Stungun keeping you from reaching G12.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2332 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Then there’s also the weird Kyros that only Ben Solo needs… so far anyways

Apparently not
    Post edited by Salatious_Scrum on
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Then there’s also the weird Kyros that only Ben Solo needs… so far anyways

Only Ben meaning Ben, 0-0-0, Trench, BH Leia, Aphra, Jabba, Merrin, and Hondo?

(also it's made up of the same two salvage so it really doesn't matter)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Oh lol I don’t think I ever noticed they also had it 😂 I just kept hitting upgrade until they were reliced
  • crzydroid
    7318 posts Moderator
    Options
    And almost everyone but a couple of the Mando Season-1 characters (Kuiil, IG11) have required 300-500 instead of just the basic 100 at G12.

Don't forget Malak.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Don't forget Malak.

Malak is also one of the first.
    Maybe it was Malak before GAS then.
    I thought it was 4 the first year & then most everyone after that.
  • crzydroid
    7318 posts Moderator
    Options
    I can't tell you how many came out in 2019 or what the marquees were. But I think Darth Revan came out in March, and Malak was right behind.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Whatever it was… it’s excessive now. In my opinion.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    If they would cut the kyro raid mk2 price by 2-2.5x and increase the nodes drop rate by 1.5x, I think that would be a sweet spot. Still a hurdle but not as much as it is now.
  • Options
    I doubt the Node Drop rates change unless its across the board change.

And that likely would be something like them doubling them like they did w/ -G11.

The Raid Price is stupid insane & I'll never buy them at that rate.

If I can sim nodes for 10 energy for G12 gear then I'm not paying anything more for Kyros then the cost of the G12 gear is.

Especially when with every release the # of Kyros Pre-12 is more than G12 Kyros

Marquee characters like Mon w/ 500 Kyros needed was total crap IMO.

I can see maybe something like a New Legend having 200-300 instead of 100 but the BB team needing 2K of them was a total load of crap.

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, I don’t expect they’ll actually change it at all anytime soon (and if they do, they’ll probably add some other pinch point just like they did when adding kyros and doubling the old bottlenecks), that’s just my estimation of where I think would be a more reasonable kyro economy.