Possible arena bug: losing rank after defeating lower ranked opponent

This just happened to me, wanting to give everyone else a heads up in case this isn't an isolated incident. Sorry in advance if this is a known issue.

Today I was sitting at rank 1 and attacked the rank 2 player. After winning my rank went down to 2 and my opponent's rank went up to 1. This happened a few minutes before payout so I had to buy a refresh and scramble to take back rank 1. I don't know if other competitive players let the timer fully run out and draw while blocking, or if they try to win in the last few seconds like I do (for achievement progress).

Anyway, I don't mean to cause a panic or anything, just putting it out there so people can play it safe before payout just in case this turns out to be a thing :(

Replies

• Options
    Was never #1 but just curious - what happens if you attack #2 and lose?
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options

you remain as #1. Tried and tested.
  • Options

How it is *supposed* to work:
    When you attack a lower ranked opponent your rank will not change regardless of result.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Options
    k2solbri wrote: »
    This just happened to me, wanting to give everyone else a heads up in case this isn't an isolated incident. Sorry in advance if this is a known issue.

Today I was sitting at rank 1 and attacked the rank 2 player. After winning my rank went down to 2 and my opponent's rank went up to 1. This happened a few minutes before payout so I had to buy a refresh and scramble to take back rank 1. I don't know if other competitive players let the timer fully run out and draw while blocking, or if they try to win in the last few seconds like I do (for achievement progress).

Anyway, I don't mean to cause a panic or anything, just putting it out there so people can play it safe before payout just in case this turns out to be a thing :(

LOL, it worked just fine. You won, and the rank swapped occurred. Most ranked #1 players just run the timer down and draw.
  • Options
    Gavstar wrote: »

LOL, it worked just fine. You won, and the rank swapped occurred. Most ranked #1 players just run the timer down and draw.

It didn't work just fine, you aren't supposed to lose rank after beating a lower ranked opponent. This can result in nerdrage upon payout.
  • Options
    You are not supposed to loose rang when you fight /no matter loose or win/ with an opponent with lower rang than you. What happened to me once was i was rang 1 and atacked someone rang 2 and when battle finished with my win i got rang 2 , But then i realized i did not hit the refresh matches button so short time before my atack someone from rang 3 killed me and moved me to rang 3 so when i atacked and won rang 2 my oponent was moved to rang 3 . I didn`t get the message "Your rang has changed or your opponent`s rang has changed" because i was able to atack this guy from rang 1 and rang 3 with no problem.

But in your occasion if you are sure your opponent was moved to rang 1 /not to rang 3-4-5/ and took your place - this is totaly different thing and i have no explanaition about it.
  • Options
    Gavstar wrote: »

Dunno about most, me and my wife win in the last 30 seconds or so and so does most folks I know. Achievements.

On topic, it did not work fine. It's a bug if it happened.
  • Miepmorp
    196 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I know that's not what the question is about. So sorry for my ot. But wouldn't it make more sense that, no matter what, the loser gets the lower rank and the winner the higher? Even if the higher rank challenged a lower.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Miepmorp wrote: »
    I know that's not what the question is about. So sorry for my ot. But wouldn't it make more sense that, no matter what, the loser gets the lower rank and the winner the higher? Even if the higher rank challenged a lower.

In a way, yes, it'll put an end to the holding that most folks do, locking out attacks in the last 5 minutes. But the AI is so horrendous at holding, I'm not sure how it'll affect the game.

Edit: Nix the above, yup, it'll be good. If I lose to no 2, I become no 2. Good idea.

• Options
    You win you take the rank...