Raid expiration?

Nick53
9 posts Member
I'm sure there are several posts on this but this is something the devs should really hit on... when the new raid hits is it going to wash the old one away or will it just add onto it? I'm trying to adjust the direction of the guild and knowing if this raid will make sense to even do in 6 months will help greatly... thank you in advance

Replies

• Options
    The new system is that there is only one type of raid tickets, so you will have to choose which one to run, just like you can choose to run Hsith right now.

When krayt was announced they said that only the featured (the latest release) raid will reward the premium currency which I assume is raid3 tokens. So they must be disappearing out of the krayt rewards when endor launches.
  • Jacgul
    225 posts Member
    Options
    The new system is that there is only one type of raid tickets, so you will have to choose which one to run, just like you can choose to run Hsith right now.

When krayt was announced they said that only the featured (the latest release) raid will reward the premium currency which I assume is raid3 tokens. So they must be disappearing out of the krayt rewards when endor launches.

If they make it rotate between raids, that would probably be a pretty good system, keeping all of these style raids relevant.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Jacgul wrote: »

If they make it rotate between raids, that would probably be a pretty good system, keeping all of these style raids relevant.

They won't
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

So, basically, anytime they release a new GL, the 'main' Raid will be dependent on that GL, and all other raids will become irrelevant..
    i've got to say, this is very disappointing..
    Raids used to be a reliable, more accessible, way to get good resources..
    Now it's just becoming an incentive to the paywall..
    What a shame..
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    There's no paywall..
  • Options

So, basically, anytime they release a new GL, the 'main' Raid will be dependent on that GL, and all other raids will become irrelevant..
    i've got to say, this is very disappointing..
    Raids used to be a reliable, more accessible, way to get good resources..
    Now it's just becoming an incentive to the paywall..
    What a shame..

Agree with TVF here - there's no paywall.

That being said, when the new raid comes out, if it's another situation where it's better to run an older raid than the new one (like Krayt was before they adjusted rewards) I'm going to be really disappointed - but we don't know what that's going to look like yet so I'm going to stay the course with my 'wait and see' approach.

I'd really like to know what all of this looks like ahead of time, because like OP, I'd like to be able to guide my guild in the right direction. Obviously gearing raid characters for the new raid should land somewhere on the priority list but it's impossible to know WHERE on the list it should be without more information. Right now it's a guessing game, and given the nature of SWGoH, making guesses is never a smart play.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Guilds should just aim for the 265m crate rewards with the Krayt raid and then focus on other things at this point. To get the 416m crate is a huge jump and the rewards are not worth all the effort to get them IMO.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    @herd_nerfer
    it's exactly the opposite..
    The reward structure is set to remain the same, but Krayt will become a worthless raid, just like hSTR is now..

What's more, when that happens, it will destroy any incentive to invest in toons for the new Raid, knowing that in 8 months, they will be worthless in another new Raid..
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Guilds should just aim for the 265m crate rewards with the Krayt raid and then focus on other things at this point. To get the 416m crate is a huge jump and the rewards are not worth all the effort to get them IMO.

Guess what, the 265m is also a huge jump.

We're at 140m, what would be the point of pushing for 265m now?

There's also a huge jump from 25m to 90m (iirc)

It's all relative to your guild. There's no one piece of advice that applies to everyone.
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It's all relative to your guild. There's no one piece of advice that applies to everyone.

Ok, then get the closest you can get and more on.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    did you just call me a more on :p
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    The longer I've played this game, the more I've realized this. The game is very different, depending on where you are!

• Rius
    368 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    The longer I've played this game, the more I've realized this. The game is very different, depending on where you are!

Exactly often advice or opinions are massively biased based on experience of where guilds or players are at. Newer players are playing a very different game, with a lot of choice but an increasing challenge to prioritise.

On the other note I don’t see this as a paywall. But I do see it as restrictive for lower level guilds. As with above the new system will affect guilds and players within guilds differently. Very mature rosters can be motivated with fresh content. This may create challenge in prioritising between Leviathan and the latest GL but it’s manageable. But this challenge increases for lower level players, they will be pushed towards farming newer content, I feel this will devalue chasing older GLs (which are still viable and good for roster progression) as there farms are still long but will not help with resource farming anywhere near Jabba and Leia. We will see if there are specific AB for Leia too or if that was just Jabba.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    smug run, not AB, but yes
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    did you just call me a more on :p

auto correct got me. Should be move on :D
  • Options

Same.

Actually, the 2nd? Crate & the 130 Crate seem to be good points depending on the guild your in.

The Rewards v/s Increases needed in Gear seem to be very **** but those 2 give you solid from what I've looked at.

Kind of like how rewards really drop off after 2.2 Mil on the individual level.

Sure its M3 currency but its only 50, v/s pushing an entire team up a couple relic levels only to have the raid leave a couple months later is going to be a major balancing act.
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »

This may create challenge in prioritising between Leviathan and the latest GL but it’s manageable.

I feel this will devalue chasing older GLs

THIS ^^^

I was just thinking about this.

I still don't have Rey & she will continue to be pushed further back on my priority list as they introduce new things.

I was going to do her as soon as I finish my Inquisitors.

Now its more like, Inquisitors, Leviathan, Leia, ??Next Up??, maybe someday..REY.

• Rius
    368 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    I think they want you to chase newer gls as they just make more money than the characters that are already accelerated. Makes business sense. But the old GLs still hold up

I get they want to incentivise the new GL’s but it should be through bonus points or new modes. Let’s think back, for those of use who were in guilds with CPIT on farm (>280M GP) those resources were removed and the new raids released to replace them (they are no better and it’s debatable from the perspective of what you need if they are even as good). CPIT was steady investment I could easily do my fair share of damage with 3-4 squads optimised and move on to other projects I wanted, such as older GL’s. (Without restriction those other projects could also be used in the raid). Those rewards are replaced in the new raid system but requires me to invest in new squads to maintain what my guild was “already” getting. This means I am now constantly working for guild beneficial squads and less of what I personally want to work on, I had not finished on the current raid, now the next is on the horizon. I am just finishing Inquisitors for TB. My next 6 months is mapped out for me thanks to the raid requirements as I have no squad suitable as it is. I will not be a detriment to my guild. Then, to maintain my rank 1 in fleet I will need Leviathan so even my side project is fixed for me. If you can not work on your own interest due to wanting to maintain contribution to the guild, it is demotivating in the long run and affects enjoyment. I am simply levelling up what CG wants me to for the next 6 months rinse repeat.

I think even power creep of new releases to promote them is preferential to where this is heading for the mid level players.