Account email change

Other then on my phone, I am unable to access my email i created for SWGOH, and other mobil games, 8 years ago. Google forced me to update my password a couple of years ago. I cannot figure out my new password and my recover email is my old work email I do not have access to anymore.

Is there a process I can use to get my SWGOH account email updated to my family email? My current phone is near the end of its life. I will have to create a new gmail account when the time comes I have to get a new phone. I will not be able to access my current email, which will lead to being unable to access my SWGOH account. Is there hope or am I on borrowed time until my phone dies?

Replies

• YodasAdoy
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Link via Facebook
  • Options
    Hopefully mine is still active. Created a Facebook account just to move from android to IOS a long time ago.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    So are you saying you ARE signed into that Google account on your phone? It seems to me like you should be able to change your password/recovery address while on your phone. If they need to send you authentication, they can text you or use biometrics maybe.
  • Options
    I used bogus info for setting up the email because it was meant just for a couple of games and I’m a stickler about my personal information. My recovery email was my old work email account, but I no longer work for the military.

I went through all the variable options google describes for account recovery/password change for forgotten passwords with no luck. I’m heavy with **** security so I do not use my phone for any types of financial activity. This, in a nutshell, is why I was not vigilant about writing down the new password right away. If this means I lose my account when my phone is officially dead, then so be it. I’ll call it a career with Swgoh and move on.
  • Options
    The problem with trying to change the Google password is that you have to enter the old password first, which I don’t have. Smooth move on my part.