Conquest Plus Pass = Extra Proving Grounds?

BattleFries
57 posts Member
edited July 2023
Added: Conquest Pass + Holders will get an additional attempt at Proving Grounds

Is this an additional FREE attempt, or an additional refresh for yet another 2200 crystals?

(This comes from a reply to the 'Update 7/12/2023' post in Game Updates)
Post edited by BattleFries on

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Well it doesn't say free...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I know it doesn't say 'another free attempt.' But I do think that paying $30.00 for the option to pay another $20.00 worth of crystals is maybe something that might make some people upset, is all I'm saying...
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I know it doesn't say 'another free attempt.' But I do think that paying $30.00 for the option to pay another $20.00 worth of crystals is maybe something that might make some people upset, is all I'm saying...

You get way more than just another day of proving grounds
  • Options
    Yes, I know that you get quite a bit more. I've already gotten the Conquest Plus Pass quite a few times, myself. I don't think, however, that it's uncalled for to ask CG if this new, additional Proving Grounds attempt is an additional benefit or just an option to pay more for that benefit.

To be clear, all I'm saying is that I believe the post, as worded, could stand to be clarified, nothing more. It would allow us to plan our spending a bit more, if nothing else.
  • Options
    Yes, I know that you get quite a bit more. I've already gotten the Conquest Plus Pass quite a few times, myself. I don't think, however, that it's uncalled for to ask CG if this new, additional Proving Grounds attempt is an additional benefit or just an option to pay more for that benefit.

To be clear, all I'm saying is that I believe the post, as worded, could stand to be clarified, nothing more. It would allow us to plan our spending a bit more, if nothing else.

If that's the case and you already buy the 9.99 battle pass, then it's still only another 20 dollars. Hard to say though since I've only done proving grounds one time due to a bug. They don't let anyone who has the roster to beat it easily play proving grounds, only people with far more limited rosters. (Almost as if they don't want players to get shards for characters because they aren't getting the max crate from conquest hard.)
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

If that's the case and you already buy the 9.99 battle pass, then it's still only another 20 dollars. Hard to say though since I've only done proving grounds one time due to a bug. They don't let anyone who has the roster to beat it easily play proving grounds, only people with far more limited rosters. (Almost as if they don't want players to get shards for characters because they aren't getting the max crate from conquest hard.)

I'm not sure that any roster beats it "easily" - at least not without some favorable RNG.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

It could stand to be clarified, but as written it does not say you will get free attempts.
  • Options
    Added: Conquest Pass + Holders will get an additional attempt at Proving Grounds

Is this an additional FREE attempt, or an additional refresh for yet another 2200 crystals?

(This comes from a reply to the 'Update 7/12/2023' post in Game Updates)

@CG_Tusken_Meathead can we get clarification on this? Pretty please?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It could stand to be clarified, but as written it does not say you will get free attempts.

Meat's message on Discord says you get another day. I would guess this means 1 more free attempt and the opportunity to refresh again.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Meat's message on Discord says you get another day. I would guess this means 1 more free attempt and the opportunity to refresh again.

I don't suppose you know which channel of which Discord his reply appears in? If you could copy/paste it here, speaking only for myself, I would be super-grateful. Thanks for the heads-up, regardless~
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I don't suppose you know which channel of which Discord his reply appears in? If you could copy/paste it here, speaking only for myself, I would be super-grateful. Thanks for the heads-up, regardless~

It's on the Events discord. Pretty sure he only talks in the one channel.

j7xe75msjeey.png
  • Options
    Bare in mind it's more directed towards the newer players who are missing conquest toons there not players who have all the conquest toons maxed.

So yes I'd have expected the 2nd attempt to be free as that maybe part of the reason they purchase it and would perhaps be an incentive for other players in a similar situation to purchase.
  • Options
    Another Proving Grounds run would be perfect for someone like me who missed a lot of Conquest stuff. This seems like a really solid bonus to make the Plus Pass have even greater value. I approve! ^_^
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Oh that makes sense. I forgot the first attempt was free because I've never needed it HUMBLEBRAG
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

I don't understand this. I have a fairly limited roster, have completed each node of proving grounds and never have gotten red crate in Conquest Hard.
  • Options
    Is anyone who is buying the Pass+ even going to need another Proving Grounds attempt though?