GAC matchmaking question

For reference I am a 4 m GP player returning after about a 2-year hiatus, and linked my swgoh.gg https://swgoh.gg/p/325189745/

Signed up for my first GAC in years and was pretty shocked when I saw my bracket this time around. Only member in my pod with no GLs, most have 2+, and I am 2m GP lower than everyone else at a minimum. My first matchup is against a 8m account. Is this the new norm here?

I always remember this being a fun fair event and would have to deal with one or two GLs in the whole bracket. Maybe I am way off base here but for now I guess I will just be settling for 8th in my pods.

Thanks for any feedback

Replies

• Screerider
    1360 posts Member
    Options
    It's based on "Skill Rating" now.
  • Options
    People have had lots of time to grind out GLs, so there are more of ghem out there for sure.

And GAC matchmaking is no longer based on GP but your skill rating.
  • Options
    There is no matchmaking.

You and everyone else have a skill rating. You are matched with 7 players directly adjacent to you on the skill rating ladder.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Just make sure to attack at least once and let the battle end normally so you get rewards even if you lose.

Also, these big accounts are so far down because they don't always play(to the fullest) so even if it is a small ray of hope, maybe you win a few rounds.

Good luck
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    First guy I’m up against has over 100 relic characters. I have… one, lol. Pretty ridiculous.
  • Options
    Cidien wrote: »
    First guy I’m up against has over 100 relic characters. I have… one, lol. Pretty ridiculous.

You will probably win, and I'm not joking.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Options
    And if not see it that way: They lost against some other due to inactivity, that makes it fair for all of you. 🤡
  • Ghost666
    328 posts Member
    Options
    For reference I am a 4 m GP player returning after about a 2-year hiatus, and linked my swgoh.gg https://swgoh.gg/p/325189745/
    I sincerely dont understand why a 4M GP player would be in Chromium 4 after a 2 year hiatus. I am guessing (no reason, just trying to make sense) that you were not "active" when they changed matchmaking, so the system placed you when you came back recently...and it may have overestimated your spot...
    Either that or you were "frozen" in rank while away...I assumed that your account would have lost many "auto" matches in those two years and would start from a lower level...
    THAT SAID...you just play the best you can...if you lose them all, eventually you will be in a match you can win...it takes two iteractions max...(i mean 2x3 matches)