Okay, here's an idea

MasterSeedy
5046 posts Member
edited July 2023
It's been a long time since I had to do the 50 Wampa kills feat for that one Prestige Quest, whichever one it was, but I remember that it still exists.

Periodically someone will pop up and renew the call for more Wampa enemies to fight in PvE.

What if we got a Wampa node in Conquest with a fun modifier that allows 5 Wampas to counter a lot of teams. Seriously. They could counter GLs. Make the Daze non-resistible, non-dispellable. Same with the healing immunity. Make 'em a reverse Geo squad so that the "Ravening Pack" of Wampas all assist whenever any Wampa attacks out of turn. Give 'em a "Gruesome Meal" ability so that their health steal is copied to a "protection steal" where one Wampa can regenerate their bonus protection by the damage they do when they counter attack you (or assist the other Wampa that is counter-attacking you). Tune 'em so that they can beat JMK squads unless you use R2 to stealth everyone. Give 'em +5% Offense every time they do damage without scoring a critical that stacks until they crit one time. Then it resets to zero, but in the meantime they can be at least a little dangerous against Vader if you don't plan your dazes correctly (or if they're resisted because these Wampas have high Tenacity? --- finally a use for those Potency-boosting disks?). Maybe you can even have the first kill by each different Wampa prevent revives (part of the "Gruesome Meal" modifier). NightSisters wouldn't automatically be crippled against them (most of those kills would be against Zombie whose revive cannot be prevented, and the second kills wouldn't matter even if the first kill was against zombie and thus the revive prevention failed), but it wouldn't be automatic either. If you could manage to keep Zombie's taunt up, though, the NS ability to bypass protection with Plague might be a great way to kill them.

I mean, obviously they have to have some weaknesses, and these Wampas would still be vulnerable to Stealth (for preventing counters) and Daze and such. But a ravening pack of Wampas could be really, really fun as a conquest node (or even a mid-boss, maybe?).

We need fresh challenges. Most of us don't need more wampas since either we've done that Quest or we don't care about quests, but ...

... would anyone really be disappointed to see a ravening pack of Wampas tearing General Kenobi limb from limb?

Seriously, that's the kind of battle that would be fun to lose. (Once. Fun to lose once.)
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Neat idea. They could have a specific debuff that weakens them if JKL or CLS is present.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I’d love to see something like this. Having a fun Wampa mode would encourage some out of the box thinking.

On a broader note, the teams in conquest have become more than a little stale, so it was a pleasant surprise to see Merrin appear on a NS node. It would be great to see more variety in teams like clones (include Serg sometimes), OR with T3M4, new tuskens for a full team, BH led by someone other than Bossk or Jango, Iden led troopers. There’s so many options they can throw out and having more variety would make the experience so much less grindy.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    I mean, we have already been getting that mid-boss now with the Wampa in it, if people wanted to use that.
  • Options
    The point isn't really getting that Quest done. That was just the inspiration for the idea. The point is a whole squad of Wampas that have a power level and a kit/faction modifier tailored to counter at least a couple of the GLs.

It would be fun, and a new node presenting a different challenge that we'd have to learn to counter.