Executor Bug that was “fixed”

Can someone detail how the Executor reinforce was bugged? Seems like the fix just makes the mirror match harder, since reinforcements will not be inflicted with the locked breach? Appears that’s how it’s working in practice for people.

Replies

• Options
    I approve of bug fixes right before a new capital ship launch
  • Options
    It appears to be a bug, since the Executor’s debuffs it applies can’t be dispelled evaded or resisted, so any breach immunity shouldn’t prevent those locked buffs from applying?
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    What's this about a "bug fix"? Haven't seen anything on this, could you please clarfiy?
  • TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    Options
    Breach Immunity should be dispelled by Executor before applying Breach when it initially activates, and then Breach should be applying before or through the Breach Immunity the enemy reinforcements get after. Instead only Target Lock is being inflicted through Chaff when dispelled / on reinforce.

And I’ve tried to submit a bug report on it twice, and both times the Submit button greys out and does nothing.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you, wow, so this behavior just started today? In GAC and Fleet Arena or just FA? I haven't done my daily climb since my PO is still over 12 hours away, but that's concerning and sounds like it will definitely slow down Exec ult a great deal.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Breach Immunity should be dispelled by Executor before applying Breach when it initially activates, and then Breach should be applying before or through the Breach Immunity the enemy reinforcements get after. Instead only Target Lock is being inflicted through Chaff when dispelled / on reinforce.

And I’ve tried to submit a bug report on it twice, and both times the Submit button greys out and does nothing.

You need to fill out all the boxes.
  • Options
    They always do this. Nerf the old meta and claim its a fix just as the new one comes out
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I think this is the way it was meant to be. The ability reads
    ... The first time allies inflict Target Lock 20 times on enemies, dispel Breach Immunity and Chaff from all enemies, then each active enemy, enemies who are call in from Reinforcements, or summoned, are infliced with Breach and Target Lock ...

It does not say that incoming RI's have their Breach Immunity dispelled, which is why no one gets Breach. It seems that it is also erroneously dispelling Chaff so that RI's get Target Locked.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    ... The first time allies inflict Target Lock 20 times on enemies, dispel Breach Immunity and Chaff from all enemies, then each active enemy, enemies who are call in from Reinforcements, or summoned, are infliced with Breach and Target Lock ...

It does not say that incoming RI's have their Breach Immunity dispelled, which is why no one gets Breach. It seems that it is also erroneously dispelling Chaff so that RI's get Target Locked.

…Except you’re missing the last bit of the description which says that the effects can’t be resisted etc. That implies they should come in with breach, TL, BI and chaff. That’s how it’s always worked in game with other effects which can’t be resisted etc. This just smacks of a cynical attempt to nerf executor right before Leviathan lands. Bug reported.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

…Except you’re missing the last bit of the description which says that the effects can’t be resisted etc. That implies they should come in with breach, TL, BI and chaff. That’s how it’s always worked in game with other effects which can’t be resisted etc. This just smacks of a cynical attempt to nerf executor right before Leviathan lands. Bug reported.

Immunity has always trumped "can't be resisted."

I know it's how it used to work, but that's not what it says. I don't even disagree that it's an attempt to nerf right before Levi, but it is now WAD where before it wasn't. At least in regards to Breach.
  • Options
    It is funny (or suspicious really) that Executor has been out what now, a year? And they just happen to fix this bug right before Levi is released. Going to make Exec Mirrors more of a pain. I'm not that bothered by it because I'll be (hopefully) unlocking Levi today, but I could see how people who maybe only have Exec would be annoyed
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    It is funny (or suspicious really) that Executor has been out what now, a year? And they just happen to fix this bug right before Levi is released. Going to make Exec Mirrors more of a pain. I'm not that bothered by it because I'll be (hopefully) unlocking Levi today, but I could see how people who maybe only have Exec would be annoyed

Two years. And it's not the first time there has been a fix related to this. Pretty sure the last one made it so locked Breach always stuck, regardless of Breach Immunity.
  • Options

I know it's how it used to work, but that's not what it says. I don't even disagree that it's an attempt to nerf right before Levi, but it is now WAD where before it wasn't. At least in regards to Breach.

Fair enough, I'd always thought it was the other way around but maybe i'm confusing immunities with tenacity up. Either way, as you say, the timing is sus. Need to unlock Levi ASAP.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    Options

This is true, but in the case of non-reinforcements they’re supposed to have their BI dispelled then inflict Breach. For Reinforcements, because both happen at the same “time” from our perspective, it depends when in the order of actions the gaining Breach vs gaining BI.

I think something similar’s happened before and it got fixed to the past state.
  • TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

… then why are some boxes marked “required” and not others?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

… then why are some boxes marked “required” and not others?

Because EA wanted a terrible user experience so fewer bugs would get reported.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Does the kit actually say that? It kind of reads like the BI dispel only happens on the ships currently on the field (the language is vague, but I reread it today and it sounds like that's what it means). So the dispel wouldn't apply to reinforcements after the contract is triggered.

Don't get me wrong I'm going to submit a bug report, because I'd like it to work the way it has been, but if we're going by the letter of the law...

This is true, but in the case of non-reinforcements they’re supposed to have their BI dispelled then inflict Breach. For Reinforcements, because both happen at the same “time” from our perspective, it depends when in the order of actions the gaining Breach vs gaining BI.

• Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Does the kit actually say that? It kind of reads like the BI dispel only happens on the ships currently on the field (the language is vague, but I reread it today and it sounds like that's what it means). So the dispel wouldn't apply to reinforcements after the contract is triggered.

Don't get me wrong I'm going to submit a bug report, because I'd like it to work the way it has been, but if we're going by the letter of the law...

It doesn’t dispel them from later reinforcements, true. But since on reinforce they gain Breach, Target Lock, Breach Immunity, and Chaff, it’s a question of in what order those apply. Previously they’ve gained Breach and TL before the BI and Chaff so they still suffer the debuffs, now they seem to be gaining TL before but Breach after, so they are immune to the Breach when it tries to inflict but not the TL.

Reading just the Kit, it could go either way with how that works, it’s just previously worked one way and now works another. But the initial application definitely should be applying Breach after dispelling BI and isn’t.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Got you. And on that note, it's weird that it's only breach being affected, not the TL...