Endless Krayt raiding is unsustainable

Prev1
Rath_Tarr
4944 posts Member
After five years, seven GLs and enough small crystal purchases that I really don't want to know what they add up to, I almost quit the game this evening.

And the trigger wasn't Grindquest, though I detest what that game mode has become. Instead it was the never ending succession of Krayt raids that almost had me uninstalling the app.

It's like having to repeat the most obnoxious legendary unlock event you can remember every three days, over and over and over and over until either the game shuts down or you quit.

And it's not as if we aren't already loaded between Grindquest, GAC, TW / TB, various minor events, fleet arena and dailies. Throwing the raid that never ends on top of everything else, over and over and over, ad nauseum is simply too much.

Replies

• Options
    I understand your thinking but surely before the raid changes you would have sith raid running almost everyday, so whats changed ? other than the you spend a bit more time on Dragon raid, i didnt hit our last raid for personal reasons , but i dont care about the "lost" rewards i had stuff to deal with so this game take a back seat to that, just remember this is a game not a job, if you need to miss parts of it , no worries it will still be there when you want to come back to it
  • Jacgul
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I hate krayt. Not so much because it repeats, but because I can have over 150,000 points of rng difference, that comes down to only rng. That's utterly ridiculous. I literally never have any idea whatsoever what my score may wind up being til right at the end. But I have noticed, with some minor character upgrades, I seem to do worse than when the raid first started. I also hate having such a slim sélection of characters, which happen to be almost entirely ones I haven't invested in. I definitely preferred sith. And my guild went back and forth between sith and aat, so we wouldn't burn out.
  • Lumiya
    1492 posts Member
    Options
    I understand your thinking but surely before the raid changes you would have sith raid running almost everyday, so whats changed ? other than the you spend a bit more time on Dragon raid, i didnt hit our last raid for personal reasons , but i dont care about the "lost" rewards i had stuff to deal with so this game take a back seat to that, just remember this is a game not a job, if you need to miss parts of it , no worries it will still be there when you want to come back to it

For Sith Raid with the right team you only needed to do 1 run through and you were done. No restarting over and over and over.

Even in CPIT I never needed as many retries as I sometimes now need for Krayt.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options

I just registered there. And those who needed the best reward passed it. Now everyone is given the same awards, but it takes a lot of effort to receive this award.
  • Options
    I wonder if one of the problems might be that before the raid changes, people only needed to be minimally involved in the raiding process to get their rewards. Now it takes active participation to break even with what many of us were getting before. With STR there were usually a few more ambitious people that would routinely solo it and everyone else just rode their coat tails. Even with CPit you could mostly throw in a few teams on auto and it was a done deal. The rewards were the rewards, regardless of how much time or effort you invested, you were getting paid when the raid was over.

There's no way to (effectively) auto this raid and the rewards are directly proportional to the effort of the guild as a whole so everyone has to pull their wieght. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - but it could easily be contributing to burn out as it's a pressure point that wasn't there before. I wonder if CG is looking at ways to alleviate this. It's been a very long time since I've seen anyone say, "there's not enough to do in this game" - quite the opposite seems to be the more common complaint now - we're on the hook for too much screen time, and where the raid is concerned (though there are ways to combat this), it can be very frustrating screen time.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the new raid currency and the way the rewards are distributed its like one of those participation trophy's where everyone gets one instead of rewarding those who put in the effort. Oh well I guess it's the way things are these days and just something ill have to get over
  • Options
    I was really hoping they’d take on board some of the feedback from the survey. I don’t mind Krayt on the whole, but would much prefer if it could be run every 4 or 5 days.

All they would need to do would be slightly up the max ticket cap, increase the ticket costs and scale the rewards so you’d get the same amount per day, just in a larger lump less frequently. It could help with the fatigue.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Double the tickets needed to launch it and then double the rewards.
  • Options
    a8vndyx4s6ls.png
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Before the raid changes, if you did not participate in a raid the only person who lost was you. Now that your whole guild stands to lose, sitting out is no longer an option for many players.
  • Options
    The raid is just boring. When you throw in the endless loop of complete and launch it is unbearable. Our guild is actually going backwards on the rewards because no one wants to hit the raid.
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice if there were some sort of "post last score as previous run" option to save time. It is very tedious when you know your team can hit max score for a certain level, but have to run it five or ten times just to repeat what you have done in the past. Overall, the game is getting too bloated with repetitive stuff. The more stuff we can sim, the better.
  • Options
    I agree that the raid is too frequent. It's another example of time demand that is not quality time.

The raid should absolutely run once a week (with scaled rewards). But even then, it would have gotten old by now.

They could add a sim option. Let me get the best score I can get with 5 teams and no restarts and no mod swaps. I should be able to auto-submit that score every raid.

Also, they could make the reward track less coarse. I get the 6.2M personal box and guild gets the 260M box. The next jump for me is over 8M and the next jump for the guild is over 400M. Not much motivation to continue to improve when the next tier is that far away.

I still consider Krayt to be a step in the right direction from the old raid system. But it needs further improvements to be great.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    I just wish there was a character reward like they used to have with Han/GK/Traya. Now you get currency for the shops, but you never really get the feeling that you’ve achieved something either personally or as a guild. You just get more of the same stuff.
  • Options
    I agree that the raid is too frequent. It's another example of time demand that is not quality time.

The raid should absolutely run once a week (with scaled rewards). But even then, it would have gotten old by now.

They could add a sim option. Let me get the best score I can get with 5 teams and no restarts and no mod swaps. I should be able to auto-submit that score every raid.

Also, they could make the reward track less coarse. I get the 6.2M personal box and guild gets the 260M box. The next jump for me is over 8M and the next jump for the guild is over 400M. Not much motivation to continue to improve when the next tier is that far away.

I still consider Krayt to be a step in the right direction from the old raid system. But it needs further improvements to be great.

A sim option would be nice, but I get why they dont include one. Agree that the gaps between boxes are the biggest disincentive for me towards investing in gear. Having more boxes with smaller prizes in the personal track, or just more milestones at intermediate boxes on the guild track would be much more attractive. Adding boxes at 750k, 1.3M, 3.6M, 7.2M and 10.8M on the personal track and then 55M, 180M and 345M on the guild tracks would seem to be reasonable. Surely that wouldn't actually affect CGs economy that much. It would probably boost spending by creating more milestones for people to aim for.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Please change the cadence of the raid, once a week might already be too frequent.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options
    11.5MGP here, I’ve given up completely on Krayt Raid because I can’t stand it, no longer do TW at all thanks to DC, haven’t done GAC for months because it is a terrible game mode and DC, and am taking twice as long to do conquest. All because of the direction the game has moved. I’d have quit completely, but at 11.5M GP it seems a waste. So I miss out on most of the rewards available in the game in order to avoid what is now a pretty awful game. Eventually I have no doubt I’ll not be able to keep up with any of it, at which point I’ll quit completely. Everything being introduced just seems a nail in the coffin, rather than a breath of fresh air to enjoy playing. CG has lost sight of what makes a game enjoyable.
  • DeusArt
    133 posts Member
    Options
    Simming last run score probably is the best and easiest option to fix it. I hope one day we will see this.
    As guild leader I could say - it's hard to force every player to repeat their last score every raid run.
  • Ghost666
    329 posts Member
    Options
    Now it takes active participation to break even with what many of us were getting before. (...) it can be very frustrating screen time.
    Yes...but it is an annoying raid...boring after a few tries...and requires LOTS of tries to get good scores...so it stops being fun...
    In contrast...i am struggling with conquest, BUT i am playing it as i have fun "solving" the issues...

• Options
    Well i guess you can just hit it once and get the minimum box … whether your guild would like to see this that’s another question. But limiting damage each individual can do is really dumb
  • Options
    Reposting the previously acquired score would be the easiest way to solve this problem since it's already saved (we see it on the meter). At the cost of a sim ticket seems reasonable.

This would still mean you need to replay it in entirety, if you upgrade your teams or want to try a new strategy for a better score, but you don't have to do it every time.

The end result is that you feel that you are playing the game on your terms instead of it being a chore. This is key to retaining players.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Simming these features raids should be a requisite feature. I literally dread having to do the Krayt runs, it’s hands down the least enjoyable part of the game for me besides moving mods around. In the old system, once enough of our guild got good enough, I could choose to play when I wanted to (for a long time I was one of the key players who had to play to make sure we cleared), or just log one or two runs so I’m roughly in the top 10, and let the other members who’s turn it was (or just unlocked/upgraded some team and wanted to try out their new toys) carry it and earn their top spots.

The current setup is beyond tedious.
  • hsv216
    40 posts Member
    Options
    Reposting the previously acquired score would be the easiest way to solve this problem since it's already saved (we see it on the meter). At the cost of a sim ticket seems reasonable.

This would still mean you need to replay it in entirety, if you upgrade your teams or want to try a new strategy for a better score, but you don't have to do it every time.

The end result is that you feel that you are playing the game on your terms instead of it being a chore. This is key to retaining players.

I like this idea. Being able to sim to your previous best sounds reasonable.

Personally, I don't mind the cadence. Would I prefer to be doing it less often, sure, but at what cost? Less rewards, probably not. It takes me about an hour to do my 5 battles, and then I move on for a few days. RotE is waaaaaay worse. Spending hours in doing combat missions is way more tedious to me, even if you are only doing it once every two weeks.

Having said that though, with the new raid coming, they may space it out more. Personally I wish they would alternate the two, as then I might invest more in my tusken squad. I already have a Jabba and Maul Mando squad at r8 and r7 respectively (both done for the raid specifically). Tuskens are r5 but I had been contemplating taking them to r7 or r8 purely for the raid.
  • Options
    I don't think the frequency is the sole issue IMO, I think if they made a couple of adjustments then we wouldn't notice the frequency as much.

I hope when the new raid or the 3rd new raid lands it will eventually rotate between the 2/3 or be seasons. I think this will keep it fresh and less repetitive.

I think the gap between guild prizes is to wide. The incentive as a guild to try and push to the next box is to great to make it worthwhile and therefore people don't really try. It requires too big of a growth in your guild. So when 5/6 more players get Jabba the guild might push hard but we haven't had krayt long enough to really stride for higher boxes and the next raid is announced.

The RNG is the main problem, having to redo attempts multiple times because the swing is so big really adds to the burden. For me manderlorians are very RNG dependant and I might spend most of the raid duration trying to hit the right scores, then have to start again the next day with the new raid.
  • ObiKenobiJonesy
    81 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Agreed with much said here.
    The Krayt Dragon Raid is so boring, Guilds are begging members to hit it with hours remaining. No one wants to do it anymore.

Previously raids cycled and were short enough in duration it motivated participation.

The rewards system is ok, but to have to hit the same raid over and over (at least 5 times every 3 days) is BORING! Worst raid system to make its way into a mobile game ever. It’s not a hot mess, it’s a pile of cold crud.
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

For Sith Raid with the right team you only needed to do 1 run through and you were done. No restarting over and over and over.

Even in CPIT I never needed as many retries as I sometimes now need for Krayt.

A more scripted fight would be far less fun, because it would be just pushing exactly the same buttons in exactly the same order every time.
    You don’t have to restart over and over; you have the option to do it and go for the best score possible if you fancy it. I don’t spend more time doing 5 krayt battles than i did soloing Hsith with one team, because I don’t use this option. I have more fun doing those 5 battles than I did soloing hsith, so for me it’s a big win.

That doesn’t mean that once a week would not be fine though. I voted for this when CG asked.
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • Options
    Don't worry, we'll get another raid by Christmas to be excited about for a couple weeks, until we realize it's just another exact same battle to do 5 times every couple days...
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Don't worry, we'll get another raid by Christmas to be excited about for a couple weeks, until we realize it's just another exact same battle to do 5 times every couple days...

Problem is we already realize it
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    At least we have datacrons….