Datacrons are too skewed toward defense

DarthRambo
11 posts Member
edited July 2023
The last TW and GAC have been a nightmare. Nearly every team my guild and I faced have the 15% health/protection datacron with absurd secondary stats (200%+ defense, additional health/protection). We were timing out against nearly all these teams (mostly LV + Reva and Jabba). The secondary stats need some sort of cap or limit. Datacrons shouldn't be adding 300% defense to GL teams that already are limited to 1 or 2 counters at best.

I know it was a topic when datacrons first released but they really should be restricted from GLs (I can dream right?). GLs would still be the most powerful squads but datacrons would give other non-GL teams the ability to punch up for a period of time and potentially introduce new counters. After dreading them for quite some time, I've come around to datacrons more than I expected. I think they have potential to introduce some variety to our strategies. All of this is lost when you can just reroll a datacron to absurd levels and slap it on your GL. This creates a sense where my entire roster feels invalidated by one or two GL teams with its stats cranked to the max (particularly in TW).

I know datacrons aren't going anywhere. There needs to be some change in the level of the stats they grant. There needs to be a better balance of offense vs defense. I'm probably just feeling a little bitter but TW and GAC are so boring and demoralizing now with what are essentially time-out teams.
Post edited by crzydroid on