Replies

• Options
    Nope
  • Options
    4da2t9wbl7z6.jpg
  • Options
    … At 9:30pm Pacific time?
  • Options
    Yeah... cos they've had all day to push out something/anything...
  • Options
    What do you want to change? Destroy all enemy ships when ult? Seize not just the capital ship, but their man, women and children too?
  • avihas
    250 posts Member
    Options
    What do you want to change? Destroy all enemy ships when ult? Seize not just the capital ship, but their man, women and children too?

Let's start with buffing the offense of all the fleet by 25% at least.
    Have that when ult, the synergy of the captured capital changed to Sith Empire.
    Give the fleet more ways to go past the buffs of the Raddus and the HT/YW tankiness.

The Leviathan is said to be the new meta. It can't be that almost every fleet has no problem beating it while the Leviathan fleet itself shows great difficulty to beat half of the current fleets
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

They could start by not having it beaten by Holdo.
  • Options
    So many people on here like to fall on the exact wording CG uses when communicating to defend them. In this case, CG said:

"Profundity and Executor are the best of the best, so how do we create a Capital Ship that’d surpass them both?"

Definition of surpass:
    1. exceed; be greater than.
    2. be better than.
    3. do or be better than ever before.

This ship is clearly not living up to what CG told us Levi would be nor what they explicitly said it would be.
    Make this ship what you said it would be.
  • Options
    So many people on here like to fall on the exact wording CG uses when communicating to defend them. In this case, CG said:

"Profundity and Executor are the best of the best, so how do we create a Capital Ship that’d surpass them both?"

Definition of surpass:
    2. be better than.

This ship is clearly not living up to what CG told us Levi would be nor what they explicitly said it would be.

Who's defending this? It's riddled with bugs right now. There's no way to defend that, and I haven't seen anyone doing so.

They'll fix the bugs and the fleet will be much closer to meeting those descriptions. Right now, it's hot garbage. It's hot garbage that's capable of beating everything - but it's still hot garbage. I think @Scrybe summed it up really nicely - "It never feels like you have control of the match, just hanging on for dear life hoping to hit your ult in time."

That being said, let's let them fix the bugs and then re-evaluate. Clearly the fleet isn't working as intended, or as described.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

How many times have you beaten it with Holdo, and how many tries? Does your Holdo beat it 100% of the times, or was it a stroke of luck? Do you do it always with a concrete lineup, or do you do it with different lineups?
    And "some youtuber did it once" is not a valid answer.
  • Options
    It's PURE TRASH as it stands now.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Definition of surpass:
    2. be better than.

Who's defending this? It's riddled with bugs right now.

No one. Poster is referring to how when people defend CG on other things, they use their exact verbiage. They're turning it around in what they clearly see as a huge "gotcha" moment.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

How many times have you beaten it with Holdo, and how many tries? Does your Holdo beat it 100% of the times, or was it a stroke of luck? Do you do it always with a concrete lineup, or do you do it with different lineups?

That is the weakest straw I have seen someone grasp in defense of CG.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Actually it's a good point. CG is only concerned about counters when they're consistently repeatable.
  • Ewokspy
    20 posts Member
    Options
    It’s a bait and switch level catastrophe. They promised the best fleet. They delivered a sub par one. Profundity beats every fleet in the game on offense and has far fewer fleets that can beat it. Therefore leviathan is not surpassing profundity. Bugs aside the ship isn’t going to conform to how they billed it.
  • Hortus
    627 posts Member
    Options

If Finalizer can beat Executor and Tarkin - Profundity, then why, exactly, Leviathan should be invincible to Raddus?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »

If Finalizer can beat Executor and Tarkin - Profundity, then why, exactly, Leviathan should be invincible to Raddus?

If something is advertised as the best of the best, it shouldn't be countered by trash. I don't see how that is such a hard concept to get.
  • Options

I don't read it as defending CG - I read it as someone asking for more proof than a single video of it being done - which I don't think is out of line. How many people have really tried it? Can we be sure it wasn't a fluke? Can someone demonstrate that it's repeatable? If so, is that because of one of the current bugs, or is it a problem with the fleet itself?

As someone with a 7* leviathan, it's in my interest to see the fleet fixed. Isn't it more constructive to have more information than less?
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options

I would add bunch of ewoks with kneeesa stealing all ships and flying away far far away....whila kneesa use her basic 100 times...
  • dogwelder79
    1487 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I don't read it as defending CG - I read it as someone asking for more proof than a single video of it being done - which I don't think is out of line. How many people have really tried it? Can we be sure it wasn't a fluke? Can someone demonstrate that it's repeatable? If so, is that because of one of the current bugs, or is it a problem with the fleet itself?

As someone with a 7* leviathan, it's in my interest to see the fleet fixed. Isn't it more constructive to have more information than less?

Thanks. You understood exactly what I meant.
    I add something: it's a problem if it's something consistent, and not a single stroke of luck by a youtuber. And not the most reliable youtuber in the world.
  • DBuzz
    3 posts Member
    Options

Dogwelder you are obviously someone that doesn't have it and thinks we are all complaining for nothing. We invested the time, resources, and a bit of emotional damage to get this day one. To only be rewarded with this. This is my very first major capital unlock on day one and as of right now I am regretting it. Anyways. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    DBuzz wrote: »

Dogwelder you are obviously someone that doesn't have it and thinks we are all complaining for nothing. We invested the time, resources, and a bit of emotional damage to get this day one. To only be rewarded with this. This is my very first major capital unlock on day one and as of right now I am regretting it. Anyways. Best of luck to you.

That's not what they're saying at all, they just want context to what is a very new and evolving situation. It's like when someone complains that drop rates are super low, or that matchmaking in GAC always horribly mismatches. Context and reproducibility are key to understanding how this game reliably works. If Holdo beats Leviathan repeatedly and consistently that's something which should reasonably be fixed, unless they want that to be the one non-mirror counter obvs. If, however, it is the case that on one occasion, where Levi's RNG went against it, and Holdo's RNG was at its absolute best then you chalk that up to the 0.001% of times that RNG causes a fluke result. I can remember beating Exe with Home 1 even after its buff about one in every twenty times when the RNG significantly went in my favour. Chance occurrences happen.

For context I'll be unlocking it next month and very much hope that by that time it will reliably be the #1 fleet and only consistently beatable in mirror matches, with the odd loss to Exe and Prof.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

That's not what they're saying at all, they just want context to what is a very new and evolving situation. It's like when someone complains that drop rates are super low, or that matchmaking in GAC always horribly mismatches. Context and reproducibility are key to understanding how this game reliably works. If Holdo beats Leviathan repeatedly and consistently that's something which should reasonably be fixed, unless they want that to be the one non-mirror counter obvs. If, however, it is the case that on one occasion, where Levi's RNG went against it, and Holdo's RNG was at its absolute best then you chalk that up to the 0.001% of times that RNG causes a fluke result. I can remember beating Exe with Home 1 even after its buff about one in every twenty times when the RNG significantly went in my favour. Chance occurrences happen.

For context I'll be unlocking it next month and very much hope that by that time it will reliably be the #1 fleet and only consistently beatable in mirror matches, with the odd loss to Exe and Prof.

Regardless of all this, the point remains that it was advertised to confidently execute profun and executor fleets. As it stands, this is not the case as you can see by multiple videos on YouTube. As far as holdo goes, if it can happen once it can happen again. It’s easy to sit back and say “well we need more proof of attempts”, but the fact remains that it has happened already. It’s only a matter of time for more videos to pop up showing that it can be beaten with holdo teams. So you can put your head in the sand or just wake up to the facts that the fleet is not performing as advertised.
  • Options

Regardless of all this, the point remains that it was advertised to confidently execute profun and executor fleets. As it stands, this is not the case as you can see by multiple videos on YouTube. As far as holdo goes, if it can happen once it can happen again. It’s easy to sit back and say “well we need more proof of attempts”, but the fact remains that it has happened already. It’s only a matter of time for more videos to pop up showing that it can be beaten with holdo teams. So you can put your head in the sand or just wake up to the facts that the fleet is not performing as advertised.

I've seen hard node shard farms drop 5 shards for 5 sims too, but I'm not going to plan for that to happen. I've seen ahnaldt get 330 pulls on the gamble packs, but that doesn't mean I'm fool enough to buy them myself thinking it's going to happen for me. If the holdo counter is a 5% success rate then it's not a significant concern. If it's even as high as a 50% success rate then that's a big fat problem.

I agree that it's not working the way it was sold - and I agree that things need to be fixed. I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise - but if we're going to present evidence to CG that something isn't working right, it's got to be something more than "this fleet in this one video shouldn't win". We need to be giving them examples of what's not working. There's tons of video footage out there at this point with multiple instances of demonstrable, undeniable bugs that clearly show what is or is not happening when it shouldn't or should be happening. Maybe we should focus on those things instead of a one-off video of holdo winning.

Maybe getting the bugs fixed addresses the holdo issue. If we keep arguing about it we're not contributing to the solution - we're just adding noise to the problems.

• Options
    There is a chance that they actually wanted Holdo to be able to beat it?(not likely, but I can be flexible with my imagination), but Leviathan needs to be better against Profundity- need a way to get around taunt or to keep our taunt up?
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I can’t imagine they’d want Holdo to beat it reliably without the addition of some new ships, like Defender/Interceptor with Chimaera…
  • SiDuke
    9 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    After all that time and resource investment I feel like I’ve literally gotten nothing for my investment. My first ever day one unlock and it’s a lemon. For context I’m f2p so only have a 5 star leviathan but surly I can’t be alone in my disappointment. Double conquest gate, a crap ton of relics and it feels like I’ve got myself a second endurance to fill the back wall in TW…

What about if we can use the enemy fleets ultimate in a lesser form? So it actually feels rewarding to have captured their ship. Malevolence ultimate strips
    Away their protection, executor gives the Sith empire fleet a bounty contract for extra buffs etc etc. I don’t know, something unique for each fleet ?

I can’t even beat a negotiator because of buff immunity and healing immunity it cripples my marauder. Which lineup does everyone use ? Without poaching from other fleets.
    Post edited by SiDuke on
  • Options
    Honestly, the main probelms are:

A. The damage: give sith ships +50% crti damage and +25% crit chance and offense

B. The lack of anti-taun capabilities: Make it so enemies can't gain taunt while allies have 3 combined stacks of ferocity

C. The insta-kill: You only use it once per game, make it so it loses 15 stacks instead of 40

D. The ultimate: Change all synergies on enemy ship to sith empire when used

Honestly, if these buffs were implemented, it would do better, but should a gl ship rlly need this many buffs?
  • Options

I've seen hard node shard farms drop 5 shards for 5 sims too, but I'm not going to plan for that to happen. I've seen ahnaldt get 330 pulls on the gamble packs, but that doesn't mean I'm fool enough to buy them myself thinking it's going to happen for me. If the holdo counter is a 5% success rate then it's not a significant concern. If it's even as high as a 50% success rate then that's a big fat problem.

I agree that it's not working the way it was sold - and I agree that things need to be fixed. I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise - but if we're going to present evidence to CG that something isn't working right, it's got to be something more than "this fleet in this one video shouldn't win". We need to be giving them examples of what's not working. There's tons of video footage out there at this point with multiple instances of demonstrable, undeniable bugs that clearly show what is or is not happening when it shouldn't or should be happening. Maybe we should focus on those things instead of a one-off video of holdo winning.

Maybe getting the bugs fixed addresses the holdo issue. If we keep arguing about it we're not contributing to the solution - we're just adding noise to the problems.

Ok here’s 2 videos then lol.

https://youtu.be/wKR_UX5zqzo

https://youtu.be/PLGPToPTHPo