The Leviathan Release Summary

Legend91
2441 posts Member
The Leviathan Release Summary

1) Requirements

Profundity had pretty similar requirements compared to Executor and didn't even ask for a conquest unit like Exe did (RC). The requirements jump of Leviathan however is pretty steep. While Exe and Prof asked for total relics of 42 (6.14 avg relic level) for Exe and 44 (6.29 avg relic level) for Prof, Leviathan goes up to 70 (7 avg relic level) and asking for 2 relic 9's while Prof only needed 1. The Leviathan is also requiring 2 conquest units (Malgus & Fury) aswell as 2 galactic chase units (Dagger & Mk6). Most chars required for Levi are useful with pretty much only R7 Maul and HK feeling wasted.

Rating: Ok - Bad

2) Functionality

On release the fleet had numerous bugs, some of them being absolutely obvious. It is speculation as to why it was released in this state and if it was even tested at all. Regardless, this is just unacceptable and unethical (assuming they knew very well about the bugs) work practice by CG releasing something that's very clearly not WAI. As it stands, Leviathan is the most broken char/ship release to this day, even worse than the Executor release which also needed 2-3 changes to obvious flaws to finally make it a competetive fleet.

Rating: Horrible

3) Lower Star Viability

I don't have first hand experience with non 7 star Levi because I immediately upgraded it to 7 stars but the fact that the enemy hangars can't be sabotaged on lower star Levis and therefor the ult also being shut down is ridiculous. Both Exe and Profun had some very good upgrades on their high tier abilities so there was a meaningful upgrade on 7 stars while still being able to use the abilities on lower stars making them still powerful fleets even when not maxed out. Leviathan is way too crippled on lower stars and gets bullied by old fleets, even Holdo being an option.

Rating: Horrible

4) 7 Star Performance On Offense

Actually a solid performance even with all the bugs being in place but only for 2 reasons - the player can use different starting lineups depending on what fleet he faces (SASS in Levi mirror; Dorito for default starting; ITB on reinforcements vs Profun) and the player does actually use the Mk6's instakill when he calls it as 2nd reinfrcement whereas the AI will do it's best to avoid using it (might actually be a good thing for balance reasons once all the bugs are fixed). Once the bugs are fixed there's a good chance that Levi just rofl stomps everything even on auto.

Rating: Good

5) 7 Star Performance On Defense

Maxed out Levi is actually not that bad on defense even with all the bugs being there. Once they get fixed the Levi could be very scary to face with anything else than a Levi mirror, maybe Profun will still be ok - time will tell. People alrdy shouting "buff Levi!" should be very careful what they wish for.

Rating: Ok
Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Replies

• Options
    Only 4) and 5) are long-term.
  • Options
    Low star viability shouldn't even be a consideration.

I rarely see anyone complaining about the viability of a unit before it's fully upgraded, and when they do they're usually told, "It's fine when it's upgraded." If someone came to the forums complaining that JMK or SEE or any other unit isn't good without the ult, or without a zeta, or before G13 they'd be quickly shut down.

Low star viability is always the exception - never the rule.

Aside from that - less than 7* on any unit is a temporary condition, and by definition, not ideal.

I think the qualitative metrics for your ratings are maybe a little too reliant on interpretation. Maybe a numeric 1-10 scale would be more useful in this case.

I don't know that it's fair to include the 'galactic chase' ships as a strike against Leviathan as both of those ships are farmable now, just like any other ship (so another temporary condition that's already resolved itself). The requirement of two conquest units and two relic 9s does indeed price this out of the market for some players which might justify a lower rating here but I don't think the requirements can be viewed in terms of raw relic levels - I also don't think the utility of the fleet can be ignored in that conversation - which means it can't be given an accurate rating until we're all playing with the fleet that CG intended - which means post-bug-fix Leviathan.

I generally agree with your assessment of offensive and defensive performance at 7*.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I wonder, why when talking about "less then 7* shouldn't be working" people are usually refuring to GL's... and not "JGAFM ships"? Because, you know, there are 2 other such ships. Except Leviathan. But for some reason they are very carefully ignored and people are pointing their fingers on everything except them...
    I wonder what is the reason... Hmmmm....
    Post edited by Ratinira on
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    I wonder, why when talking about "less then 7* shouldn't be working" people are usually refuring to GL's... and not "GL ships"? Because, you know, there are 2 other such ships. Except Leviathan. But for some reason they are very carefully ignored and people are pointing their fingers on everything except them...

There is no such thing as a GL ship..... That's why
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I wonder, why when talking about "less then 7* shouldn't be working" people are usually refuring to GL's... and not "GL ships"? Because, you know, there are 2 other such ships. Except Leviathan. But for some reason they are very carefully ignored and people are pointing their fingers on everything except them...

That is why I put "" there.
    Call them "Legendary every month event ships with list of requirements in Tier V Journey guide" it won't change the fact that there are 3 of them in there
  • StarSon
    7456 posts Member
    Options

Call them "Legendary every month event ships with list of requirements in Tier V Journey guide" it won't change the fact that there are 3 of them in there

They are Journey Guide Advanced Fleet Mastery ships.
  • Options

I'm really trying to steer people away from the subject of low star viability because as I've said so many times before - that's a temporary condition. I don't get why it's even a conversation. "This thing I just got that I haven't upgraded yet isn't destroying everything - CG LIED!" Just because one unit works well at low stars doesn't mean they all will - nor does it mean they all should. A cursory read of the kit would tell you that it's less effective at 4*. Common sense would tell you that it's going to be less effective before it's fully upgraded - I ask again - so what?

That being said, at 4* it still destroys Executor so I don't see what everyone's so upset about. Who doesn't want another Executor counter? I'm honestly not sure how it stacks up against Prof at 4* but I'd be willing to bet a skilled player could make that work. People are making it out to be useless at 4* and that's objectively false.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

They are Journey Guide Advanced Fleet Mastery ships.

OK, OK, I corrected
    Hope it's clearer now🙂
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options

Just because one unit works well at low stars doesn't mean they all will - nor does it mean they all should.

2 units. 2 units out of 3. That is the point.
    When 2 units released first are working specific way it is natural for people to expect the 3d one to work similarly.

And something tells me, that if... let's say new Leia will suddenly be the first GL with skills upgrade and ultimate locked behind r10 people won't be happy either... Even though why would anyone expect that GL should not be beaten by half of toons until it has its relic maxed?
  • Options

Just because one unit works well at low stars doesn't mean they all will - nor does it mean they all should.

When 2 units released first are working specific way it is natural for people to expect the 3d one to work similarly.

And something tells me, that if... let's say new Leia will suddenly be the first GL with skills upgrade and ultimate locked behind r10 people won't be happy either... Even though why would anyone expect that GL should not be beaten by half of toons until it has its relic maxed?

Putting aside for a minute the fact that no one should be expecting top of the meta performance from a <7* unit...

4* Lev beats 7* Exec. This I know for sure. Also 6* (and probably lower) Lev beats 7* Prof - I also know this for sure. So what exactly do you want? What is the expectation that 'low star' Leviathan is not meeting?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

All anyone had to do to realize Leviathan was not going to be a 4 star wonder was to read the kit...
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options

Putting aside for a minute the fact that no one should be expecting top of the meta performance from a <7* unit...

4* Lev beats 7* Exec. This I know for sure. Also 6* (and probably lower) Lev beats 7* Prof - I also know this for sure. So what exactly do you want? What is the expectation that 'low star' Leviathan is not meeting?

Well, ask people who saying that directly. And you will get your answer why people think that.
    But I have the feeling that for every person who will say that their low-star Levi can beat Profundity there will be 10 who say they were blown away at the start.
  • Piatz1019
    81 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    the fact that the enemy hangars can't be sabotaged on lower star Levis and therefor the ult also being shut down is ridiculous.

4* Leviathan can still pop the ult. Using the ability "Sabotage the Hangars" is necessary for the ult. Applying the status effect "Capital Ship Sabotaged" is not necessary.
  • Options

I'm really trying to steer people away from the subject of low star viability because as I've said so many times before - that's a temporary condition. I don't get why it's even a conversation. "This thing I just got that I haven't upgraded yet isn't destroying everything - CG LIED!" Just because one unit works well at low stars doesn't mean they all will - nor does it mean they all should. A cursory read of the kit would tell you that it's less effective at 4*. Common sense would tell you that it's going to be less effective before it's fully upgraded - I ask again - so what?

That being said, at 4* it still destroys Executor so I don't see what everyone's so upset about. Who doesn't want another Executor counter? I'm honestly not sure how it stacks up against Prof at 4* but I'd be willing to bet a skilled player could make that work. People are making it out to be useless at 4* and that's objectively false.

Show me 7* executor getting beaten by a 4* Levi. Make sure it’s a minimum R5 executor pilot lineup with triple attacker getting “destroyed” by 4* Levi.

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Show me 7* executor getting beaten by a 4* Levi. Make sure it’s a minimum R5 executor pilot lineup with triple attacker getting “destroyed” by 4* Levi.

Why the restrictions on making sure the Executor has to be levelled up with the ideal anti Levi lineup?

Also, again with the fallacy that Levi needs to dominate at 4 stars..... I don't get it....
  • Granolo
    214 posts Member
    Options

It should because many people will have it at low stars for months, and unlike the Executor and the Profundity which were great at lower stars, the Leviathan is really bad. Also, it has to be mentioned because the solution is brain-dead easy, just move the upgrades of the last level, to lvl 4 or 5 of the ability, that way low stars has still decent skills while not changing the power of the 7* Levi.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Granolo wrote: »

It should because many people will have it at low stars for months, and unlike the Executor and the Profundity which were great at lower stars, the Leviathan is really bad. Also, it has to be mentioned because the solution is brain-dead easy, just move the upgrades of the last level, to lvl 4 or 5 of the ability, that way low stars has still decent skills while not changing the power of the 7* Levi.

Just because certain characters or ships were strong at lower star levels doesn't mean ones that follow them will be.... That's generally not how this game works.... Sometimes abilities are gated
  • Options
    Granolo wrote: »

Then what would be the incentive to spend to get it to 7*? You keep arguing to make the 4* version stronger without needing to upgrade it. People have almost every capital they unlock at low stars for months unless they spend. You don’t have to spend if you don’t want to, but then you have to wait.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    I keep seeing people defending the point that low stars shouldn’t be viable.

Let me ask you. Why would someone invest in Levi with its step requirements when you can just go for profundity or exec and have a waaay better ship that operates at low stars? What’s the point of going for Levi if this is acceptable?
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options

Let me ask you. Why would someone invest in Levi with its step requirements when you can just go for profundity or exec and have a waaay better ship that operates at low stars? What’s the point of going for Levi if this is acceptable?

1. Pure collection purposes.
    2. You already have Exec and Profundity.
    3. You are closer to Leviathan than the other two.
    4. You really dig the Sith.
    5. Because you will eventually get it to 7*. And the bugs will be fixed.

Don’t judge it’s performance until it is WAI.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

I would to not Judas it’s performance until it is WAI. There is only one problem with that…CG hasn’t actually said it’s NOT working as intended lol. They have only stated there is some issues and no anticipated date of correction.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

I would to not Judas it’s performance until it is WAI. There is only one problem with that…CG hasn’t actually said it’s NOT working as intended lol. They have only stated there is some issues and no anticipated date of correction.

Well, I would count five listed bugs and three ready-to-go fixes as not WAI.

Also, people who are choosing between the three should probably choose exec or profundity first to be fair. Because they probably don’t have access to PG yet.
  • Options

No. Go practice and learn how to do it. I know people that ARE doing it so I know it can be done. I replied to one of your messages in another thread and left (what I think is) some good advice.

Maybe those people shouldn't be investing in the fleet with the steepest requirements in the game if they don't already have the previous two that are apparently so much better? Feels like a no-brainer to me. Skipping straight to Leviathan without having Exec and/or Prof feels a lot like going for LV as your first GL. That just doesn't make sense.
  • Options

Well, ask people who saying that directly. And you will get your answer why people think that.
    But I have the feeling that for every person who will say that their low-star Levi can beat Profundity there will be 10 who say they were blown away at the start.

Well, skill is a factor in the effectiveness of any unit. Maybe that's what's going on here. But I will say that it's much easier to be bad at the game and still win sometimes when you fully upgrade things. I should know. I'm terrible at this game.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options

Low star viability is always the exception - never the rule.

Aside from that - less than 7* on any unit is a temporary condition, and by definition, not ideal.
    remind me, it costs 32k crystals ti unlock Levi day one, right? With all Galactic Chases. Without counting all the requirements. Do any GL required crystal cost to unlock it to 7* AFTER their event? Or maybe ult required crystals?
    With this kind of logic, Leia and all future GLs should be "walled" with crystals/money to make them viable(unlocked at 4*) and require more resorces than any other GLs(and probably may be even worse than criplatine

• Options
    Its more like 25k, but still a lot.

My theory is that Leviathan is the first toon of a new class: The Crapital Ship. In this light it performs absolutely outstanding.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    Its more like 25k, but still a lot.

My theory is that Leviathan is the first toon of a new class: The Crapital Ship. In this light it performs absolutely outstanding.

25k for levi, plus (3,5×2)k for both Galactic chase ships(mk6 and dagger), because you had to spend mor for additionak "attempts" or packs to unlock them for the event.
  • Options

Maybe those people shouldn't be investing in the fleet with the steepest requirements in the game if they don't already have the previous two that are apparently so much better? Feels like a no-brainer to me. Skipping straight to Leviathan without having Exec and/or Prof feels a lot like going for LV as your first GL. That just doesn't make sense.

Main difference is that Levi 'should' keep you at the forefront of fleet meta which is still the best source of crystals in the game. Going for LV gets you a GL but doesn't guarantee crystal income like the meta fleet should.

I don't have Prof, Exec allowed me to maximise crystal income whilst bolstering squads but I knew that once Levi came out that would change, or should have, so pushed for it. Hopefully once the bug fixes come, it should ensure crystal income for the foreseeable. Or until they decide to pull crystals from Fleets.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Main difference is that Levi 'should' keep you at the forefront of fleet meta which is still the best source of crystals in the game. Going for LV gets you a GL but doesn't guarantee crystal income like the meta fleet should.

I don't have Prof, Exec allowed me to maximise crystal income whilst bolstering squads but I knew that once Levi came out that would change, or should have, so pushed for it. Hopefully once the bug fixes come, it should ensure crystal income for the foreseeable. Or until they decide to pull crystals from Fleets.

Like this?

0lf7fyjlurh4.png