Too many events for GL Jubba the Hutt

I've been noticing lately a lot of events that is designed for only (GL) Jubba the Hutt. There's the smuggler's II event, there's special mission in territory battles: Hoth, there's also an event in the guild event with the dragon, for only 1 GL, you got it Jubba the Hutt. What's up with that? why is there no special events like this for the other 7 GL's. I see a need for a level playing field for all the other GL's. They are just as hard if not more to earn, so let's have special events for them too!

Replies

• Options
    all commits on this subject welcome, thanks
  • Options
    I think LV has dedicated missions in RotE - at least one that I know of.

This is kind of a new thing they started doing when they introduced Jabba though. GL gated content is generally poorly received. Lots of people get mad when new content is introduced that's got such steep requirements.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • YubNub81
    148 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    This is normal tactics to get you to spend money on the newest and hardest to get character. There have always been special events for new characters to encourage spending. Expect to see very similar events for GL Leia.

The fact is, the other GLs are old news all the characters required to farm them are accelerated and easily farmed. There is no benefit ($$$) for CG to make unique events for them.
  • Options
    It's the new shiny. They also released datacrons to make Jabba's team even more brutal as a timeout team, not to mention the animations that can take 5-10 seconds for every character in a 5 minute match.

GL Leia will be released and she'll get new events too because then she'll be the new shiny. And so on...
  • Options
    Sometimes I wonder why there's no event for CUP
  • Options
    Sometimes I wonder why there's no event for CUP

CUP would make any event too easy.
  • Options
    Quit your Jibba Jubba!
  • Options
    It’s called Rise of the Empire for a reason. Don’t see how Rey fits into all that, though with Leia coming to the game I’m going to assume she’ll play her part
  • Options
    TBH I wouldn't mind some events like smuggler's run II for the Leviathan to help us feel less bad about the investment required.

I honestly think it's good business and good for players for them to reward those who acquire the thing that all the content is pointing them towards. If you want to be stubborn and farm SEE or JML in 2023 instead of Jabba you're free to do so but don't whine to remove the rewards that other players following the meta and content are getting.
  • Options
    Like someone else said, he is the latest shiny. They also made it clear in advance that he would be required for specific content.

As for the other GLs, JMK (with CAT) is still great at everything, JML is also strong in PvE content, as is LV. SLKR had been running through HSTR for a long time, Rey is useful in a lot of game modes. Tbh, the only one with limited use in PvE is SEE as he's not very tough and is hopeless vs single targets.
  • Options
    Not sure why you phrase your point as "too many for jabba" when you mean "not enough for the others". Stop wishing away rewards. Tbh I suspect and fear that the ""FEATURED" title on jabba will disappear when leia comes and you might get your way
  • Options
    Tbh I'm hoping that in the near future, we see a special event for each GL. Cash in on rewards for each GL a player has, give incentives for them outlandish grinds to gain them GL's.
  • Options
    Tbh I'm hoping that in the near future, we see a special event for each GL. Cash in on rewards for each GL a player has, give incentives for them outlandish grinds to gain them GL's.

MORE rewards are always good - but the reward for getting them is being able to use them. They all have places that they shine and are all significantly stronger than non-GL teams. I'd certainly be on board for getting more though.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    you said it being able to use them! Jabba should NOT be able to be used like other GL's developers make this right or boycott is on the way!
  • Options
    This is quite funny
  • Options
    you said it being able to use them! Jabba should NOT be able to be used like other GL's developers make this right or boycott is on the way!

How do you feel about Leia being playable in the Endor raid and having a new Endor Escalation tier?
  • Options
    I think adding unique event for every GL will be good idea(similar to smuggler's)
  • Options

How do you feel about Leia being playable in the Endor raid and having a new Endor Escalation tier?

No thats cool
  • Options
    I think that every GL should have it's raid event, win for the players and a win for the developers. Sooner or later all players will have every character's relics and mods max'ed, (we all know I'm dreaming this part on the max'ed, lol)
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I've been noticing lately a lot of events that is designed for only (GL) Jubba the Hutt. There's the smuggler's II event, there's special mission in territory battles: Hoth, there's also an event in the guild event with the dragon, for only 1 GL, you got it Jubba the Hutt. What's up with that? why is there no special events like this for the other 7 GL's. I see a need for a level playing field for all the other GL's. They are just as hard if not more to earn, so let's have special events for them too!

Sure Jabba is needed for one battle each TB phase but the other GLs can be used for almost almosy any battle each TB phase.

As for the other events get Jabba or miss out, with the other GLs you don't need to worry about missing out.

The glass is either half full or half empty.
  • Options
    I think that every GL should have it's raid event, win for the players and a win for the developers. Sooner or later all players will have every character's relics and mods max'ed, (we all know I'm dreaming this part on the max'ed, lol)

I believe raids are coming for all gls, but it could just be the new ones with a raid being released every 8-9 months.
  • Options
    DeusArt wrote: »
    I think adding unique event for every GL will be good idea(similar to smuggler's)

As someone who started in 2020 - I have JMK/JML/SLKR and just got Jabba. The main reason I went for Jabba (and will be going for Leia ASAP) are the 'bribes' to do so - and yes I do spend some (not lots) of money

I don't have any immediate plans to get SEE/Rey/LV (yet) - but if CG introduce new events for the older GLs - that would definitely incentivise me to spend and get them. I cannot be the only person with that outlook