Lugrehulk Command Carrier

Lugrehulk Command Ship

(Crew: Nute Gunray)

Dark Side, Capital ship, Seperatist, Cargo Ship

Heavyweight capital ship that grants droid and cargo ship allies a variety of bonuses

(Basic) Capital Gains - deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict buff immunity and daze for 2 turns, which can’t be evaded. Target other ally gains 50% turn meter and Critical chance up for 2 turns, and all other allies gain 25% turn meter.

(Special; cooldown: 3) Prepare the Invasion - all allies recover 35% max health and protection, doubled for Cargo ship and separatist allies, and dispel all debuffs on them, grant them 70% turn meter, and call 2 random allies to assist. Grant all Cargo ship allies 3 stacks or reinforced hull and grant all separatist allies a stack of Profit for the rest of battle, which cannot be dispelled or copied.

(Special; cooldown: 6) Secret Planning - deal true damage to all enemies and inflict target lock on them for 3 turns, which cannot be evaded or resisted. This attack ignores protection and deals damage equal to 200% of Nute Gunray’s max health. If the enemy Capital ship is Galactic Republic, all enemies are inflicted with extortion and the enemy capital ship loses 100% turn meter, and has it’s cooldown’s increased by 1 for each enemy ship (increase cooldown on Call reinforcement by 1 instead), which cannot be resisted or prevented.

(Side note: while the 200% damage increase might look busted, remember that some ships can have around 200k health if modded and upgraded correctly… others can have double that… Nute has around 80k health standard at relic 8, so that would do almost nothing… and since this is a late game ship like Exec and Profundity, it needs that boost to be worth being a menacing ship…)

(Ultimate; cooldown 3) Federation Negotiations - Target other ally gains a bonus turn and has access to 5 unique abilities only able to be used during this turn. Whenever these abilities are used, grant the following effects in the form of a unique buff for the rest of battle. These buffs cannot be dispelled, copied, or prevented. These abilities cannot be used until Federation Negotiations is used, replace that ships standard abilities, and replace that ship’s abilities at the end of that turn. (really fancy way of saying “pick a card, any card”)

Increased Cargo Holds - Can only be used on Cargo Ships, this ability is blocked for separatist ships. Gain 30% max health and lose 15% max protection. This ship is immune to turn meter manipulation, but has -40 speed.

Custom Tibana Intake - Can only be used on Cargo ships, this ability is blocked for separatist ships. Gain 50 speed and 15% max protection, but lose 20% max health. At the end of each unit’s turn, gain 10% turn meter and at the start of this unit’s turn reduce all ability cooldown’s by 1, which can’t be prevented.

Durasteel Hull - Gain 25% critical avoidance and 50% defense. This ship ignores taunt effects and has a 50% chance to gain a stack of Reinforced Hull whenever it takes damage, which cannot be prevented.

Attuned Targeting Sensors - Can only be used on separatist ships, this ability is blocked for Cargo Ships. This ships attacks cannot be evaded, and whenever this ship attacks an enemy, that enemy losses all buffs and is inflicted with shock for 1 turn. Gain 30% defense penetration and 25% critical chance and damage.

Repulser Stabilizers - Can only be used on separatist ships, this ability is blocked for Cargo Ships. Gain 30% evasion, +10 speed, and 100% counter chance. Whenever this ship is damaged by an attack, take bonus damage equal to 5% of it’s max health, which ignores protection. This damage cannot defeat this unit.

These abilities can be used more than once, but can only be used once per ship.

Target ally recovers 100% max health and protection, has all debuffs dispelled, and takes an additional bonus turn after this bonus turn with 50% bonus defense penetration and 100% critical chance and damage, which cannot be prevented. These bonus turns do not effect or trigger any turn meter related effects.

(Crew) Trade Federation Scandals - All cargo ship and separatist allies have +25% max health, +10% defense and take 15% less damage from all attacks, doubled against galactic republic enemies.

While any enemy has extortion, they cannot gain bonus turn meter from the enemy capital ship and are immune to cooldown reduction effects. Separatist and cargo ship allies can ignore taunt to target enemies with extortion and allied cargo ships gain 10% critical chance and 5% critical damage for each enemy with extortion.

Whenever Trade Negotiations is used, the Lugrehulk reduces it’s cooldown’s by 1 for all abilities, and if all separatist allies were droids, also takes a bonus turn after the targeted ally’s second bonus turn. All separatist droid allies deal 20% more damage and cannot be critically hit while the Lugrehulk is active, and are immune to healing and buff immunity when it is not active.

Reinforcement bonus: Gain Stealth and Offense up for 2 turn, and 10% turn meter for each active enemy and ally (excluding capital ships). Inflict target enemy with all debuffs on all enemies for 2 turns, which cannot be resisted.

—————————————————————

So, it occured to me that I have an idea with the fleets/squads to use here, and for future teams I’ll do the same… for now, I’ll sum up the basic fleets for the Lugrehulk and what it counters, plus what I think it would be countered by

For the first fleet, obviously you want to have Hound’s Tooth, Ebon’s Hawk, and Slave 1. Razor Crest could also work, replacing Slave 1, seeing the synergy with Hound’s Tooth. Lando and L3’s Falcon will really shine here, seeing as they are already a very powerful “I come from the heavens to give you some lemons” reinforcement... Followed up with them, having the 2 droid Sep ships and then Bringing in Rey’s Falcon (“but why?”… I know, I know, but Thrust Reversal is pretty good, we all know that at least 🙃) should be the basic fleet… for a pretty good “all rounder”

If you want to go heavy into Bounty Hunters, Slave 1, Hound’s Tooth, and Razor crest… not only the ONLY options, but pretty good ones at that. Following up with Lando and L3’s falcon again, the droid sep ships, and then a rather odd choice with Outrider… not a lot of rebels, but hey, I like the idea of endless missiles from the “Custom Tibana Intake” and “Repulser Stabilizers” ultimate ability buff synergy…

And for a Cargo ship heavy Fleet, Hound’s tooth once again (best ship tank after all…) followed by Ghost and Phantom for a starter, then Outrider, who finally has some real use, Slave 1, Razor Crest, and another easy choice with Ebon’s Hawk… a great ship when paired with the Lugrehulk, as an already decent Cargo Ship booster, the Lugrehulk having those 3 buffs to just turn any ship into a complete monster is enough to make even my head turn at how easy the wins could become.

For counters… there’s some fun here. Obviously being separatists means Negotiations will indeed be short, as will the battle with Negotiator fleets… basically, the idea of having unique buffs each targeted towards a specific type of playstlye (and in general basically amplifying or just outright changing what that ship is meant to do) is exactly what galactic republic fleets are horrible against.

And for a weird turn of events, Raddus is pretty much a push over… Resistance in my eyes has been (and quite honestly always will be) pretty weak compared to the rest of the rosters both in fleets AND in squad battles… same here, they just won’t be able to handle the ability to turn a tank into an attacker, an even healthier super-tank, or a generalized one-ship blockade for the enemy… just don’t let Raddus use the ult and you’ll be set for the win.

And obviously Exec and Profund are the targets here… while I really don’t think that they will be able to be easily countered, with the right play-style and setup, I see the potential for a really nasty fleet that could tear through Exec and Profundity… but once again, Exec has been and always will be the beast of ship battles, and I’m not trying to make something to take it’s spot, more or less something to remind it that there is competition…

And finally: what this fleet will be HORRIBLE when fighting against or as… with the newest Capital Ship (that being leviathan… at the time I am making this, it has only been out for a week) having mix views from it’s a fleet disintegrator to it’s a glorified can opener, I wanted to give it something it can REALLY cause issues if it manages to control… but honestly, I looked back and realized how powerful a full Sith fleet with that “Durasteel Hull” buff would be, seeing as it’s the only buff able to be used on ALL ships (didn’t want to put a tag to it… can be pretty forgettable how Leviathan works) it looks to me that Leviathan fleets are going to be the biggest surefire counter against this monstrosity of a ship…

First Order and Finalizer being the best at showing how saying “I can take that” only to get turned into space debris once again shows that in the end, the ultimate doesn’t do much if you’ve lost the battle from the extra speed and ultimate ability at the start of battle combined with all the reinforcement bonuses for the FO ships. It seems like if you are either not paying attention closely or the AI does a goof and makes a mistake that can be advantageous you can win, but It will be a tough fight for the Lugrehulk in either case…

And finally… oddly enough, I see a specific fleet becoming a rising threat… a very “strategic” threat… Chimera fleets have been a pretty good mid-game fleet, but of course I have a few unit and ship concepts that I have that would change that. (plus a Chimera rework overall… it’s a good ship, but just a tad bit outdated for what it is currently facing…)However, even in it’s current state, Chimera and Tie Defender, while originally not the intended fleet, I tested (along with my guild and some friend’s… one had a relic 3 iden) and found that it made Tie Defender into Tie Deleter… a single maxed basic from Chimera even with a gear XI iden did some STUPIDLY high damage, enough to be able to one-shot any ship with equal gear and power in the game and have EXCESS damage to spare… both Health and Proc. While Defender would be the main focus, Imperial fleets would be an easy win for the Cargo Ship fleet I recommended… but I know against the BH fleet it would effectively succumb to the threat of a few space whales and crumble being chewed by a Hound’s Tooth.

To finish up: I did suggest the Lugrehulk as a potential new Capital Ship, and if this exact thing is what we get (or something close to it) I wouldn’t be even slightly disappointed or upset… to think that Separatist fleets might have a spot that I (as a fellow separatist supporter) think they rightfully deserve makes me happy for a lot of reasons… not only that, but a lot of my concepts I design for fun mechanics, cool designs, and having at least 2 or 3 counters… at the end of the day, this is a ship that I think most can agree sounds like an absolute blast to both use and go against, and I wouldn’t be disappointed if we end up seeing it later on or even at all…

And for those wondering why Cargo Ship synergy, the Lugrehulk was used in-lore by Rebels as both a makeshift training base and as a mobile base, and it naturally had a lot of cargo space (look at episode 1 for reference… there was an entire invasion force inside of ONE of these things)… plus it was a pretty popular pirate vessel for how much you can fit into what is essentially one massive doughnut with a bite in it…