Red Five concept

MINI_S010
32 posts Member
edited July 2023
Red 5

Light Side, Support, Rebel, Rebel Fighter, Unaligned Force User

Supportive Attacker who can hit any target, no matter how difficult.

(Crew: CLS, R2)

—————————————————————
Quickly: With the addition of GL leia, now is the PERFECT time for this gem of a concept I have had in the back of my head for a while… with me posting them now (rather than me writing them out on my computer) this one HAS to be my best… I say that for many reasons… now, for a long time I’ve debated what to do with this ship (going from a home one booster to a lone wolf) and so, this is the FINAL concept I have…

Enjoy!
—————————————————————
(Basic) Quad kx-9 Laser Cannons - Deal physical damage twice to target enemy. Inflict Target lock and evasion down for 2 turns, and grant a random other ally 15% protection up for 1 turn.

Target lock: This attack cannot be evaded, and deals damage two more times.

(Crew ability; cooldown: 5; CLS) Obi-wan’s Guidance - stun the enemy capital ship for 1 turn, remove 100% turn meter and increase all cooldown’s by 1 (excluding call reinforcements). These effects cannot be resisted. If the enemy capital ship is Empire, all other rebel allies gain Advantage, foresight, and Hope for 3 turns.

Hope - immune to fear and doubt. This unit gains 15% critical chance, 50% critical damage, 25 speed, and 5% turn meter whenever any unit takes a turn, doubled for rebel allies. Cannot be copied or dispelled

(Crew ability; Cooldown: 3; R2) Recalibrate Sensors - recover 50% health and protection, and gain Foresight, Advantage, Hope, and Offense up for 2 turns. If Biggs Darklighter’s X-wing and Wedge Antilles’ X-wing, or both are allies and active, call them to assist. All rebel allies (including the allied capital ship) gain 50% turn meter, doubled for Wedge Antilles’ X-wing and Biggs Darklighter’s X-wing. Inflict Target lock, defense down, evasion down, and ability block on all enemies for 2 turns. For each effect resisted, all rebel allies have a 25% chance to reduce their cooldowns by 1.

(Unique) Flight of Destiny - Red Five has +30% max health, +15% evasion, and +20% defense, doubled if all active allies are rebels at the start of battle. Red Five deals damage equal to 10% of the target enemy’s max health whenever it attacks, and inflicts expose whenever it critically hits an enemy.

If Biggs Darklighter’s X-wing is active, whenever an enemy is inflicted with Target Lock, it gains 10% offense and 5% evasion, Critical damage up, and recovers 10% health, and dispels all debuffs on itself.

If Wedge Antilles’ X-wing is active, Red Five assists whenever it uses any ability, dealing 25% less damage, and whenever an enemy evades any attack Wedge Antilles’ X-wing dispels all buffs on it at the end of that turn.

Red Five has a 50% chance whenever it attacks to critically hit the target enemy and remove all turn meter on them. This effect will trigger even if they have critically hit immunity.

(Reinforcement) I got this - grant all rebel allies Hope, Advantage, and defense up for 2 turns, reduce their cooldown’s by 2, and dispel all debuffs on them. If the enemy capital ship is empire, and Tie Advanced X1 is an active enemy, all enemies are inflicted with daze and expose for 2 turns, which cannot be evaded or resisted, and Tie Advanced X1 is inflicted with stun and vulnerable for 2 turns, which cannot be evaded, resisted or dispelled.
—————————————————————

Now, as with the Lugrehulk Concept, here’s my thoughts on the possible Counters, Uses, and fleet comps with Red Five…

Obviously, the ideal fleet is to have Red Five, Wedge and Biggs’ X-wings to start, and then I really see Home One shinning with these three… not only will Red Five assist dealing increased damage, but it also means there’s an even better fleet here… that being Han’s Falcon, Raven’s Claw, Cassian’s U-wing, and Outrider…

For some, that fleet might not make a lot of sense, since Han’s falcon and Outrider basically just makes Raven’s Claw a little bit less effective, but here’s the thing with Fleets: you can only have 5 active allies… this makes it the most versatile fleet I think is possible: either you have Outrider and Han’s Falcon for a powerful Offensive fleet, or you have Raven’s Claw and Cassian’s U-wing for crippling out-of turn attacks…

I’ve been using Cassian’s U-wing with Raven’s Claw for a LLLOOOONNNNGGG time now… and have a Relic 5 Kyle that makes it just that much better, and I have to say, they make an EXCELLENT pair together… the fleet I use currently is Home One, Biggs’ and Wedge’s X-wings, Raven’s Claw, outrider, Rebel Y-wing, Cassian’s U-wing, and Ghost… I’m a bit off from getting Han’s Falcon, but needless to say I’m gonna use it instead of Ghost when I do get it…

For a LOT of reasons, Raven’s Claw and Han’s Falcon are going to basically be the two units that will switch up the fleet when you reinforce… I never really see a lot of really good fleet videos on youtube, so I really feel like it is hard to put a judge on a lot of players for bad fleet playstyles… while my Squad gameplay has certainly been impressive for me (and even my friends), my fleet gameplay is still improving…

A lot of fleets suffer the same fate sadly where the reinforcements are just backups for the main fleets, and I honestly am hoping to change that with Red Five. The best example of this is exec fleets, where the entire fleet (reinforcements and otherwise) is spent on making BH ships as powerful as possible, and thus the rest of the fleet is lacking in variety… What I love about my Raven’s Claw fleet is that by using ONE reinforcement, the entire fleet is changed.

Same here: the concept in theory is either having Raven’s Claw turn the fleet into a more defensive-minded fleet (you know… with the foresight and overall attack-out of turn thing) making Red Five into the menace he is on DEFENSE… the idea of a ship being able to stun the capital comes from the scene where Luke takes out the death star, and obviously since he can’t do that in-game, this is better than any insta-kill idea I had in the original concepts… reason why I motion that is between this and Raven’s Claw ability to let allies forget entirely about taunts, Exec is going to be a counter… however, the BH ship are a big issue if you let them inflict to many breaches, and since Home One can’t destroy Capital ships, you still have to worry about the ult…

Han’s Falcon and Outrider is the one where the option for Suprosa Super computer is… stupidly powerful… Suprosa is by far the most powerful and godly buff for Fleets AS A WHOLE, and the ability for Red Five to just make it even better is… well, insane… between this, Han’s debuff dispel, and if you really wanna make it even harder for the enemy fleet using RC instead of the Falcon or Outrider (and sacrifice only one ship losing out on RC’s bonuses), that makes it a scary thought and 100% an exec counter…

So… does Red Five bring a lot to the table? Yes… a whole thanksgiving feast to be honest… but will it take a lot of skill and practice to use well (as well as for the fleet to be as good as it can)? Also yes… maybe more than some will manage…

I view a lot of the fleets as Rebels and Empire are the endgame “we are the threat” fleet goals, Galactic republic and First Order as the “Hey, we can do stuff to” and every other faction just trying to stay in the race long enough to be noticed… this would only intensify that a bit… keep looking out for my other concepts, I have a couple coming out soon that I know I enjoyed making!
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies