How I imagine the new meta

So basically what I'm hearing is that QGJ, Dooku, and Sid are going to have weak attacks because of their speed. And someone like Chewie is going to hit like the brute he is.

Seeing how I only have 7 maxed out characters though I really hope the update doesn't make them useless. And I'm just getting the hang of the current characters and strategies.

Replies

• SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    weak atcks ? the fact they remove some damage dont mean it will be weak.
    Rey 1st special is 12-13K when crit. you think they'll reduce it to 3k? no no.
    we'll wait and see. and chewie will still be useless i think -.-
  • brad83
    60 posts Member
    Options
    when is the new meta meant to be rolled out?
  • Options
    qgj actually has a pretty reasonable base speed, at only a little faster than average. it's his leadership ability that speeds him up, and i don't believe that speed/damage normalization occurs in realtime. this means that abilities, skills, or buffs that speed up your character in a match won't affect their damage output. the normalization takes place in the character design.

at this point, my above statement is speculation, but this is how it works in nearly every other game.

i'm pretty confident that current glass canons will still output the most damage, but EHP is increasing at a faster rate than damage is, which devalues raw damage with no survivability.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    I just hope, they dont nerf the lately buffed Ahsoka!! *crossfingers*
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't think they will nerf Sid's damage, if anything he needs a buff. Rey and Leia will probably be taken down a notch but they will still be probably the best. I have no idea about GS...he seems perfectly reasonable to me. The big damage you see from him is when he crits and has damage in the upper part. That's a lot of RNG. For instance, my last 2 attacks with my now 7* GS maxed gear with his hive attack, were 5k non-crit and 7k with crit. With Sidious as leader. Sometimes he does 12k damage though on crit with Sid leader. Problem is RNG in defense always works against you seems and he always seems to crit and do 10k-12k damage. If they think GS needs a nerf so be it. They won't touch IG-86 or FOTP imo, because that would really make them useless. IG-86 in a non-droid team right now is a dead spot basically. Also, messing with Qui-Gon Jinn would be a terrible mistake. Unless they remove Dooku's leadership ability.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    I think some things will change. These changes are going to bring new strategies. Depending how drastically damage is reduced and how much more armor will benefit, I think things have the potential to be real fun.

Other characters after the change like FOO are going to be changed. As they will be doing drastic amounts of damage. Like more than Rey read his attack ability that adds damage for having advantage.

We will see how speed affects damage.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    I just hope, they dont nerf the lately buffed Ahsoka!! *crossfingers*
    If anything she might get a buff because her base speed is only 93 *crossfingers*

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think labeled tanks see the damage boost as their abilities should make up for it.

I think slow attackers will see more of a boost.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I don't think labeled tanks see the damage boost as their abilities should make up for it.

I think slow attackers will see more of a boost.
    Darth Maul and Savage dealing more damage? I hope not ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.