Is Drogan gonna be a conquest unit

Prev1
It says he is the key part of the leia team, and we already got our first 5 unit requirements, so it aint going to be a marquee character most likely, im just going to be really upset if leia brand new GL gets a lifter before SEE, or SLKR.

Replies

• LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    Highly doubt they will be a Conquest unit as we wouldn't unlock them until December.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Why wouldn't it be a marquee? We needed 3 for Jabba
  • Options

Yes but if that is the case why would they reveal the 6th requirements for the Leia?
  • DonPuto
    378 posts Member
    Options

Yes but if that is the case why would they reveal the 6th requirements for the Leia?

They didn't explicitly say Drogan would be required. No doubt he will be, just saying. Also asking why CG does anything they do implies there's logic involved and we know that's not the case.
  • Options
    Drogan will be a marquee. From the sound of it he'll be needed for GL Leia along with Captain Rex and Princess Kneesa that were both marquees. They'll probably release him later to increase the revenue from people doing the first to unlock wallet rush.
  • Options
    Feel like it could go either way. Jabba didn’t come with a lifter, but he did come with 3 Marquees directly tailored to work with him, and a Gam Guard who also specifically works with him (even if he doesn’t do it very well). Leia isn’t getting that from Rex and Kneesa, most likely.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    They tend to keep conquest units close to the chest until its time for the next conquest

And 3 month farm for an original character won't go so well either
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Feel like it could go either way. Jabba didn’t come with a lifter, but he did come with 3 Marquees directly tailored to work with him, and a Gam Guard who also specifically works with him (even if he doesn’t do it very well). Leia isn’t getting that from Rex and Kneesa, most likely.

I think her team with be Drogan and Ewoks. Likely Wicket, Kneesa, and a third Ewok like Chirpa. Maybe R2 also. I don’t see who else it can be unless they release Endor versions of Han and Chewie.

• Options
    LastJedi13 wrote: »

I think her team with be Drogan and Ewoks. Likely Wicket, Kneesa, and a third Ewok like Chirpa. Maybe R2 also. I don’t see who else it can be unless they release Endor versions of Han and Chewie.

She's supposed to have a rebel tag, so working with ewoks might be awkward. We'll see when her kit is revealed though. I'm actually surprised Wicket isn't an R8 requirement, only R3.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

She's supposed to have a rebel tag, so working with ewoks might be awkward. We'll see when her kit is revealed though. I'm actually surprised Wicket isn't an R8 requirement, only R3.

Good point about the rebel tag. It seems like the reqs may be on par with Jabba based on the first set but we will see.
  • Options
    Why would Drogan be tied to GL Leia, isn’t he going to be some dark Jedi or Sith that is not a canon character? Was in in ESB or ROTJ and I never noticed?

Disclaimer, no idea who he is or where CG came up with him for his kit.
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Why would Drogan be tied to GL Leia, isn’t he going to be some dark Jedi or Sith that is not a canon character? Was in in ESB or ROTJ and I never noticed?

“Next up, we are thrilled to introduce a new original character into the Star Wars galaxy: Drogan, a Rebel Captain who fought with the Rebellion on Endor and is a key part of the GL Leia squad! Since birth, Drogan has not just had a limb difference, but also sense of justice and passion to help those in need. From the start, we focused on designing Drogan to not only be authentic, but also a character that feels part of broader the Star Wars universe. We are excited to welcome Drogan to the squad and look forward to other ways we can broaden inclusive design in our game.”
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Unless they put some very specific wording into Leia's kit that somehow excludes him, I can't see how you could not put Chewpio onto Leia's squad (assuming a rebel tag). Sharing the stats of a GL with the team will surely be too good to pass up.

So that already takes a key member out of the CLS squad anyway.

Question is, who else goes with Leia. They've already declared Drogan as key (of course they are never wrong about ideal team comps!). Chewpio leaves two spots. Han chewie? C-3P0 CLS? They might need a tank?
  • Options
    Unless they put some very specific wording into Leia's kit that somehow excludes him, I can't see how you could not put Chewpio onto Leia's squad (assuming a rebel tag). Sharing the stats of a GL with the team will surely be too good to pass up.

Question is, who else goes with Leia. They've already declared Drogan as key (of course they are never wrong about ideal team comps!). Chewpio leaves two spots. Han chewie? C-3P0 CLS? They might need a tank?

Some people did some math on the Events discord, and Chewpio’s stat share would on average still be less effective than CAT’s. Still significant (it was more an argument of how busted CAT was than whether or not Chewpio would be good) but it’s worth considering.
  • Options
    Oh, thanks. I must have missed his announcement.
  • Options

Some people did some math on the Events discord, and Chewpio’s stat share would on average still be less effective than CAT’s. Still significant (it was more an argument of how busted CAT was than whether or not Chewpio would be good) but it’s worth considering.

New unit: Chewpio 2.0, AT-ST & Chewie.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options

It should be a really awesome team if dismantling a great team is needed. Hopefully there are enough Rebel characters out there to put together a team for the princess without borrowing from her brother.
  • Options
    Who is Drogan?
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    rickertron wrote: »
    Who is Drogan?

He's a Rebel Captain that fought on Endor.
  • Jacgul
    233 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Who is Drogan?

No he's not.
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Jacgul wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Who is Drogan?

No he's not.

"Next up, we are thrilled to introduce a new original character into the Star Wars galaxy: Drogan, a Rebel Captain who fought with the Rebellion on Endor..." - CG
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »

I think you might be getting the new Conquest character confused w/ the future Marquee they are talking about.
    Conquest/Malicos (Sp), is a fallen Jedi.

Captain Drogan is the first created from scratch character they have made for this game & he's going to be a Rebel who is fluffed to have been on Endor.

Now personally I'm confused as to why they had to create a newly "named" character that isn't canon.

Why not a "Rebel Commando" from Endor, or "Rebel Officer", not like we haven't had generic units before (Looks at Hoth Bros, Sariff, & the all the many "troopers" out there.)
    Or if it was a true named why not a different Rebel leader like Madine or Dodonna from the movies?

• LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options

Captain Drogan is the first created from scratch character they have made for this game

Geonosian Brood Alpha and 50R-T would like a word with you.
  • Options
    Star Wars: Galaxy of People We Never Heard Of
  • Options
    Soon we will be able to have a full squad of non-star wars characters.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

It should be a really awesome team if dismantling a great team is needed. Hopefully there are enough Rebel characters out there to put together a team for the princess without borrowing from her brother.

CLS team is too good. Would be a mistake to pull characters from that team for GL Leia. Would be cool if they did a heroes journey for Han thst resulted in General Solo and he was a part of GL Leia team.
  • Options
    I’m curious as to why CG felt they had to invent a new character to be “inclusive”. We’ve already got some well known characters with limb differences: Maul, Saw, Jedi Lukes… so inventing a new one does feel a little bit like vacuous corporate virtue signalling. It feels a bit tired and hackneyed. I’m pretty confident that, taken as a whole , the swgoh player base is inclusive and progressive enough to be able to get on with playing the game without the need to be re-educated by billionaires
  • Options

CLS team is too good. Would be a mistake to pull characters from that team for GL Leia. Would be cool if they did a heroes journey for Han thst resulted in General Solo and he was a part of GL Leia team.

Padme CAT is also a really solid team, but JMK CAT is a whole new level.

Honestly I hope that Leia just fully absorbs the CLS team. Not sure who would get left out but other spots can be found for CLS or C3PO pretty easily.
  • Options
    Episode XI General Lando Calrissian could be
  • Options

Padme CAT is also a really solid team, but JMK CAT is a whole new level.

Honestly I hope that Leia just fully absorbs the CLS team. Not sure who would get left out but other spots can be found for CLS or C3PO pretty easily.

Rather see chewpio go to her and have r2d2 get buff and rejoin the iconic cls team, 1 of each character. Ultimate non GL team