More support ships!

MINI_S010
32 posts Member
edited August 2023
More Support Ships!

So… I just finished my “Support ship” concept/idea, and have 4 more ships to add to this potential roster…

Rebels will be the most common most likely, seeing as literally almost all they used were ships of this size… so, here are 4 more rebel “support ships”!

Nebulon-B Frigate (Mom Mothma crew)
GR-75 transport (Rebel Officer Leia Organa crew)
Dreadnaught Heavy Cruiser (Saw Gerrera Crew… he just seems like the guy to use this ship, seeing as Kota or Garm Bel-iblis aren’t in-game…)
Hammerhead Corvette (Bodhi Rook crew… once again, never used it, but he’s the only rouge one unit who would make sense besides Scarif pathfinder… who already is a part of Bistan’s U-wing)

So: here they are! These ones are more in-depth than the others, so feel free to look back at my original concept post of the support ship to get the basic understanding of my ideas here before this one.
—————————————————————
Nebulon-B Frigate

Light Side, Support Ship, Rebel, Rebel Fighter, Cargo Ship

(Unique) Medical Transport - Whenever an ally is critically hit they have a 50% chance to dispel all buffs on the attacking enemy, which cannot be evaded. If the targeted ally was a rebel, they have a 20% chance to gain a bonus turn.

Whenever a rebel ally takes damage, they recover 5% of their max health and protection, and if the allied capital ship is Home One, they also gain 20% protection up (stacking) for 2 turns, and the allied capital ship gains 10% turn meter.

(Unique) Communication Shuttle - whenever a Rebel ally uses any special ability, they gain a stack of Translation for 3 turns, which cannot be copied. While a rebel ally has Translation, they gain +15% defense and evasion, and cannot be countered or evaded. If the Nebulon-B is destroyed, all stacks of Translation expire.

Translation: Max 3 stacks; if this unit already has 3 stacks, reset the duration of all stacks to 3. This unit gains additional benefits based on the amount of stacks of Translation is has:
1 stack: +20% potency
2 stacks: +10% critical chance
3 stacks: whenever the Nebulon-B uses it’s basic ability, reduce the cooldown of it’s special abilities by 1.

(Unique) Cargo Transport - All Rebel and Cargo Ship allies have +25% max health and protection, and call a random ally to assist whenever they use a special ability. If the active Capital ship is Home One, all rebel allies have +20 speed while they have Protection Up, and they take 30% reduced damage.

Rebel allies that have Advantage are immune to daze and stun, and whenever a Rebel ally gains Advantage they dispel all debuffs on themselves.

(Crew ability) Rebel Information - Grant target ally 30% turn meter, a stack of Translation, and call them to assist dealing 20% more damage. If that ally was a Rebel, they also have 20% more potency for this attack.

While attacking out turn: Grant a random ally Translation and call them to assist. All allies gain defense up for 1 turn.
—————————————————————
The first of the support ships that has no real “attacks”, this ship plays similar to Mommy Moth herself: as a support that watches over it’s allies!

This is a ship that can go well in any rebel fleet, but boosts Home One along side Raven’s Claw quite well… being the first ship to be exclusively rebel, Profundity will have it’s Booster ship (the Hammerhead Corvette) and the Nebulon-B will be just as good a booster for Profundity fleets as it will for Home One fleets, just less so for Profund…
—————————————————————
Hammerhead Corvette

Light Side, Support Ship, Rebel, Rebel Fighter.

(Basic) Dual Heavy Turbo-Lasers - deal special damage to target enemy twice, which cannot be evaded. This attack deals 15% more damage if Profundity is the allied Capital ship.

Target Lock: All allies gain 5% Download Progress.

(Special; Cooldown: 5) Reposition - Grant all allies speed up for 3 turns, and grant the allied capital ship 30% turn meter, doubled for allied Profundity. Reduce the cooldowns on all allies by 2 and increase Download progress by 15%.

(Unique) Bold and Brave - All Rouge One allies gain +25 speed, +20% offense, and +15% defense. Cargo ship allies gain +15% evasion, +20% defense, and +10% max protection. Rebel allies gain +15% offense, +30% max health, and +15 speed.

Whenever an ally is evaded, the Hammerhead Corvette gains 25% turn meter, and has a 50% chance to reduce that ally’s cooldowns by 1.

(Crew ability; cooldown 10) Ramming Maneuver - Sacrifice the Hammerhead to Destroy the enemy Support Ship. All allies gain Offense up, Defense up, Advantage, and Spark of Rebellion for 3 turns, which cannot be copied. Stun the enemy Capital ship for 1 turn and inflict Ability block for 3 turns, which cannot be prevented.

This ability starts on cooldown and is immune to cooldown manipulation.
—————————————————————
Yes yes yes, I know, I know… no destroy the enemy capital ship?

Well… look at the previous post… While I would love more than anything to have THAT be the final ability, I had to balance it for only the Support ship… don’t worry, the enemy capital ship will still hate you for hitting it with it’s friend, but it will hate you more if timed well fighting Exec… no ult can mean that it can’t destroy you long enough to get it OUT OF THERE!!! (But an enemy Arquitens will still beat you to the punch on who can destroy who… so be careful…)

Now then… time for the GR-75… the so called “hero ship of the rebellion”…
—————————————————————
GR-75 Transport

Light Side, Support Ship, Rebel, Cargo Ship

(Unqiue) Rebel Transport - While the GR-75 is active, all rebel allies are immune to critical hits against attacks from empire enemies, gain advantage for 2 turns whenever the allied capital ship uses any ability, and are immune to Turn meter manipulation.

While the Allied Capital ship is active, all allies’ buffs cannot be copied and whenever they lose a buff during an enemy turn, the allied Capital ship gains 10% turn meter.

(Unique) The First Transport is Away - the first time any allied ship is defeated, all other allied ships gain 25% of that unit’s mac health, protection, and tenacity, and gain 40 speed, 20% defense, and reset all ability cooldowns (excluding the allied capital ship)

The first any enemy unit is defeated, inflict Buff immunity, daze, and offense down for 2 turns, which cannot be evaded or resisted, on all other enemies, and the enemy capital ship loses 100% turn meter, which cannot be resisted.

(Unique) Hero Ship of the Rebellion - While the GR-75 is active, all other rebel allies gain Tenacity up and Offense up until the Gr-75 is defeated, which cannot be copied or dispelled. Whenever a rebel ally resists a detrimental effect from an enemy, that ally recovers 5% max protection and that enemy loses 10% turn meter, doubled on empire allies.

Whenever a rebel ally attacks while the GR-75 is active, they dispel all buffs and deal damage equal to 15% of the target enemy’s max health, which cannot be evaded or countered.

(Unique) Transport Shuttle - this unit cannot gain turn meter, and the effects from it’s abilities cannot be prevented. If there is an enemy support ship, this unit cannot be destroyed by the enemy support ship. This unit is immune to debuffs, and cannot take turns.
—————————————————————
So, just I said how I had an idea for the GR-75, this is that idea… a rebel booster that cannot be destroyed by support ships, but can be destroyed by Capital ships… the whole idea of the GR-75 is to just exist and provide backup buffs and boosts to allies.

Notice how the GR-75 boosts rebel allies a lot, but it has only ONE unique that boosts other fleets… this is the effect of the GR-75… not just a booster for the rebels, but acts as a support ship for other fleets as well… that is my goal with this ship, to be a rebel boosts primarily, but be able to be used on other fleets with some effectiveness as well, mainly First Order fleets since I realized last night that not having a support ship would be kinda bad for fleets that did, giving a pretty big disadvantage at the start of battle right away…

But speaking of Support Ships to be used by all fleets, the Dreadnaught is the PERFECT example of that, being a HEAVY brawler ship and a big covering-fire type of vessel…
—————————————————————
Dreadnaught Heavy Cruiser

Light Side, Support Ship

(Basic) Broadside Turbolasers - Deal physical damage to all enemies and remove 10% turn meter. All allies gain 15% turn meter and Tenacity up for 1 turn.

(Special; cooldown: 3) Heavy Salvo - deal special damage to all enemies. Dispel all debuffs on all allies and grant then Offense up, Defense penetration up, and Health steal up for 2 turns. Dispel all buffs on all enemies and inflict Protection Disruption for 2 turns, which cannot be evaded.

(Unique) Old, but Reliable - all allies have +15% offense, remove 5% of enemy unit’s turn meter when attacking, have +10% defense and tenacity during enemy turns, and cannot lose buffs on enemy turns.

While the Dreadnaught is active, the enemy support ship has -50% speed and whenever it uses any ability has a 50% chance to miss it’s attack.

(Crew Ability; Cooldown: 6) Hunker Down - until the end of the next turn, this unit cannot be destroyed by the enemy support ship. Whenever this ability is used, all allies gain Bulwark until the next turn, which cannot be dispelled or prevented.

Bulwark: +150% defense, Tenacity, and -75% speed. This unit cannot be destroyed or damaged by enemy attacks, and cannot gain or lose buffs while it has this buff. Immune to turn meter effects.
—————————————————————
So, superheavy brawler? Check… annoying and in your face for the entire battle? Check… still counter-able even with all of the things it can do? Check…

For this little “concept bundle” I put in 2 rebel booster ships (3 is you count the GR-75…) and a single general use, can’t go wrong no matter where it is ship. I mean, I seriously think that the dreadnaught will be used the most by fleets that can’t gain Support ships (First Order and Resistance mainly…) and Resistance fleets will benefit a LOT from having any of the support ships… with Raddus being… well, a pacifist Capital ship, the Dreadnaught will bring a much needed edge to the fleet’s lacking capital ship support.

Not only that, but Finalizer will not also be able to have a support ship whenever going against the Arquitens, a thing that while I originally didn’t think was an issue realized later on how big of one it really it… another quick note here is that when I made the original post, I said these ships would be optionally… I change my mind with that…

When I made these concepts, I realized that there would be no real reason to NOT have a support ship, unless you just don’t want to use one… but even still, the support ships all have roles and uses that make them almost a necessity for any fleet, no matter how small like the Tantive or how big like the Consular/Hammerhead/Nebulon-B…. So, I’m going to just say that they will NOT be optional…

My next few “Support ship bundles” are going to be for the Galactic Republic, Separatist, and Empire rosters… feel free to give me ideas for other ships! I enjoy letting my mind run free with creativity, and while I might be able to make a concept that works, you might have better ideas so just post what you think people would enjoy…
Post edited by MINI_S010 on

Replies