need advice

First, this is my profile https://swgoh.gg/p/669382722/

I honestly have no idea what to go for next, I'm currently going for Padme, but I'm not high level enough for geo brood alpha so I'm stuck on that.

I also can't consistently get through Galactic Challenges as I only really have one team (my DS team is completely in shambles as I have nearly zero good mods). If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Replies

  • You’re not doing so bad for someone early in the game - you wouldn’t expect to do so well in GCs yet. For now, focus on completing the campaign nodes to 3 stars, building a fleet to help get crystals & growing a couple of handy squads (Phoenix is good to help get Thrawn and a solid early game squad; farm Bastila to lead a Jedi team until you’re ready to unlock JKR) - if you want to unlock Padme without GBA you’ll probably need Jango under a Dooku lead. Ventress will help too and she’s a fairly easy farm (in fact Nightsisters are a really good and versatile early game team and will help a lot with HAAT or HPIT if your guild does those). There’s a few farming guides out there but to be honest at this stage it’s about just trying out different squads and strategies and levelling up to unlock new game modes as much as anything else. Get ships. Get crystals - give yourself some more choices
  • At level 78 you're going to unlock the third tier of fleet challenge dailies which is where you get Zeta materials. This is SUPER important and requires a 5* Executrix and six other ships at 5+ stars. To get the 5* Executrix, you'll need five Dark Side ships at 4+ stars.

    It doesn't take much investment (I have a level 1 Executrix with level 1 Tarkin). You've already got Silencer, I'd suggest picking up the three Geo ships from the Galactic War store along with Ahsoka's ship and then... maybe First Order SF TIE Fighter since it should be pretty easy to max out through the Guild Events store. That will give you five Dark Side and six total so you can start getting those Zetas.

    The only other thing I'm noticing is, are you finishing Galactic War every day? It's very easy to do with a good team and gives a ton of crystals, character shards, GW currency, and credits. If someone tells you it's not meant to be beaten every day, you can ignore everything they tell you. It looks like your focus is a little spread since most of your characters aren't max level. I'd suggest focusing on one five-man team for now... either your Jedi or First Order (KRU lead) depending on what works best for you. There are other, better teams out there but you've already got quite a bit of investment in those two so I would go with one of them.

    That's about it, between now and 85 you want to be focusing on getting the Zeta farm going / working on a strong fleet for fleet arena and finishing Galactic War every day. Maybe start casting an eye on what you want to do once you hit 85. Getting a jump on fleet arena by working towards Executor or Profundity (I would suggest Profundity) or working towards a Galactic Legend or other Journey Guide character that interests you. That way you can start farming the shards or blueprints as they become available.
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »
    You’re not doing so bad for someone early in the game - you wouldn’t expect to do so well in GCs yet. For now, focus on completing the campaign nodes to 3 stars, building a fleet to help get crystals & growing a couple of handy squads (Phoenix is good to help get Thrawn and a solid early game squad; farm Bastila to lead a Jedi team until you’re ready to unlock JKR) - if you want to unlock Padme without GBA you’ll probably need Jango under a Dooku lead. Ventress will help too and she’s a fairly easy farm (in fact Nightsisters are a really good and versatile early game team and will help a lot with HAAT or HPIT if your guild does those). There’s a few farming guides out there but to be honest at this stage it’s about just trying out different squads and strategies and levelling up to unlock new game modes as much as anything else. Get ships. Get crystals - give yourself some more choices

    I got Bastilla 2* G8 (can get G9 tomorrow) and she's really helping, thx. When should I start focusing towards JKR?
  • Dianora wrote: »
    At level 78 you're going to unlock the third tier of fleet challenge dailies which is where you get Zeta materials. This is SUPER important and requires a 5* Executrix and six other ships at 5+ stars. To get the 5* Executrix, you'll need five Dark Side ships at 4+ stars.

    It doesn't take much investment (I have a level 1 Executrix with level 1 Tarkin). You've already got Silencer, I'd suggest picking up the three Geo ships from the Galactic War store along with Ahsoka's ship and then... maybe First Order SF TIE Fighter since it should be pretty easy to max out through the Guild Events store. That will give you five Dark Side and six total so you can start getting those Zetas.

    The only other thing I'm noticing is, are you finishing Galactic War every day? It's very easy to do with a good team and gives a ton of crystals, character shards, GW currency, and credits. If someone tells you it's not meant to be beaten every day, you can ignore everything they tell you. It looks like your focus is a little spread since most of your characters aren't max level. I'd suggest focusing on one five-man team for now... either your Jedi or First Order (KRU lead) depending on what works best for you. There are other, better teams out there but you've already got quite a bit of investment in those two so I would go with one of them.

    That's about it, between now and 85 you want to be focusing on getting the Zeta farm going / working on a strong fleet for fleet arena and finishing Galactic War every day. Maybe start casting an eye on what you want to do once you hit 85. Getting a jump on fleet arena by working towards Executor or Profundity (I would suggest Profundity) or working towards a Galactic Legend or other Journey Guide character that interests you. That way you can start farming the shards or blueprints as they become available.

    Thanks, I've actually never even looked at all towards farming zetas so I'll look into that, thx.

    I have been trying to do galatic wars, but only now can I consistently complete them because of bastilla-lead jedi. Is there any chars I should focus on from the galatic war store? Currently only going for Poggle.
  • You're going to need all the characters from the GW store. It's just a matter of priority.

    But because it's harder to farm the GW store ships, I usually recommend getting all those first, then the toons. The problem is that people usually ask me for advice before level 74.

    Okay, this makes it easier: your ships are TERRIBLE. They should be way better than this at level 74.

    Here's what I would do. Build up 3k GW Store emeralds.

    Then buy your highest priority rare ship (the ones with low frequency of appearance) ALL the time + your highest priority non-rare ship whenever you're over 3k tokens. By doing this, it means that if you get lucky and you get your rare ship to appear several times in a row, you don't run out of emeralds.

    Rare ships, order of purchase priority:
    1. Imperial TIE Fighter
    2. Clone Sergeant's ARC-170
    3. Resistance X-Wing

    Non-Rare ships, order of purchase priority:
    1. Ahsoka
    2. Sun Fac's Geonosian Straighter
    3. Geonosian Spy
    4. Plo Koon
    5. Jedi Consular (and take JC up to gear 8 or 9)
    6. Geonosian Soldier
    7. Biggs X-Wing
    8. Wedge X-Wing
    9. Umbaran

    Be disciplined! Keep working down the list, always keep a buffer of emeralds so that you don't miss out on your rare ships when they appear.

    If you want to reorganize this list and move some ships up in priority that's great, but do it NOW. Make a plan and stick to it. If you are constantly changing the plan, you'll never get anything done. EVERYTHING takes a long time in this game. The good thing is that GW farms take a lot less time than most things. As soon as you finish ships, you're gonna burn through those GW Store toons really quickly.

    As an extra bonus, ALL of the GW Store toons are also in bronziums and GW rewards, so by delaying your focussed farm, you're also making it so that you need to spend fewer GW tokens to finish them.

    The game benefits if you have a plan for each store. I'm happy to work with you on that if you like. We can also boost one or two toons to near the top of the priority list (or the top, if that's what you really want, but I strongly recommend doing ships first). If you do that, you need to pick only one or two toons to bump up in priority above ships, and then stick with that priority, whatever it is (for instance you could put it in the non-rare ships list right after Ashoka's ship). Don't fiddle.

    Some people also do the non-rare ships all to 5* (so stop working on one as soon as it is 5*), then all to 6*, then all to 7*. You keep the same priority, but after 5* you only do a single star before moving to the next ship. Again, this kind of strategy is fine, but don't mess around. Decide on one strategy and then stick with it. (The compromise is everything to 5*, then one at a time to 7* and don't shift ships when they hit 6*.)

    Poggle is not a priority toon right now.

    On the plus side, I love to see that you have a bunch of characters at level 1. This is perfect and appropriate.

    With levelling, you should be careful. Your best team should be about 2 levels behind your player level (so your best toons should be level 72 right now), then your next best team should be 2-5 levels behind your player level, then your third best team should be 5-7 levels behind your player level.

    Remember that your best team doesn't necessarily include your best characters. Right now your best team is going to be Bastila Shan as your leader + 4 other Jedi. GMY and JKA, GK, AT would be good. You could also swap out GK or AT for Barriss, but she doesn't shine until she has her zeta, so I wouldn't recommend it.

    Push hard on farming Bastila. Once she's at 4* improvement from stars levels off, but you still want to take her all the way to 7*.

    Okay, that's more than enough. I will say I'm happy to help you make a plan for each individual energy type and each individual store/currency. But that's up to you. Ask if you want it.

    My final piece of advice is this: everyone here is helpful and knowledgeable and even when something is a matter of opinion everyone here I'm sure has great thoughts that they can justify quite well. My opinion isn't the best or the end of the discussion, but I like to think it's just as good as the other people who might chime in.

    THAT SAID, all we can tell you how to do is how to use your resources efficiently. That will help you gain power and gain characters and do so quicker than you would if you don't follow good advice.

    What it won't do is tell you how to have fun. Everyone gets something different out of this game. Whenever there's a choice between an efficient path to power and something you think will be more fun, ALWAYS choose the fun path. If you're not having fun, you're going to start feeling like the game is work and then you'll quit, and then you'll never finish that efficient path to power anyway.

    So do the fun thing. Every time. If you're certain you know what will be fun for you, don't anyone -- especially me -- tell you to do something different just because it worked for us.


  • thex3van_ wrote: »
    I got Bastilla 2* G8 (can get G9 tomorrow) and she's really helping, thx. When should I start focusing towards JKR?

    Well of course you can start the journey any time but you’ll really need your toons at around G10/11 level to complete the final tier (from memory a couple can be around G9 but level Bastila, zaalbar and mission as high as you can before trying it. However, that said, Master Seedy’s advice is the best path here. Ships ships ships - they will help you build a good foundation.

    I’d also take her up on the offer of coaching - having seen other examples in the forum, I know you’ll get a lot of good value (for free!) and it beats having to sit through a bunch of wannabe YouTubers
  • Dragon88
    11 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Hello everyone, I need some help related to discord datamine-bots.
    I know that there is a datamine-bot existing that gets info about the future buyable packs, but I dont know its name. My Guild-leader said that he can invite the bot to our Guild-server, but he needs its precise name to do that. Does anyone know what is the name of that bot? Thank you in advance.

    Update: I found the way how to solve this: joined to Swgoh Events DC server and there I could add their Store channel to one of our guild's channel. It will send us its updates automatically. Hopefully. 🙂
    Post edited by Dragon88 on
Sign In or Register to comment.