Why is the event about Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) not available?

I have collected phoenixes and fulcrum in 7 *. Why can't I play this event without receiving rewards?

Replies

• Options
    CG could please reconsider the boundaries at which you can play the event. My friend has 5 shards too many to do the Hera tier.

Also I would like to give negative feedback about the lack of communication before this event. Had we properly known what the boundaries are, maybe we wouldn't have stopped farming her during the double drops. Also, stop and realize that it was best for her to NOT farm during the double drops event, which doesn't sound like what any of this was intended for.
  • Options
    But i wanted to play the event :(
  • Options
    Welcome to the proving grounds club. We are punished by Red Crate'ing every conquest by being walled off from playing some of the most challenging PVE content they develop, even if for no rewards.
  • Options
    i really don't see the problem with everyone getting all the shards. people with huge collections probably won't notice a few extra card-shop currency. people starting out will be thrilled, the same as now.

but there are a few stuck in the middle simply because of bad timing (that they had no chance to avoid). while i understand that this only affects a minority in any negative sense, this group does exist and i fail to see why some would need to be excluded from this event and it's (for some, quite generous) benefits. it's not like giving everyone that shards (or card-shop currency) will unbalance anything.

i fear this plead will be pointless, but it would be nice if the rules of this event could be reconsidered. at the very least you will generate a lot of goodwill.

in the future maybe give out some information in advance, because weeks of farming strategy would have been different for some. for those people affected, the loss is quite bad.

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the proving grounds club. We are punished by Red Crate'ing every conquest by being walled off from playing some of the most challenging PVE content they develop, even if for no rewards.

We are not punished any more than new players are punished by not having access to end game content.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

We are not punished any more than new players are punished by not having access to end game content.

So, if everyone is being punished - doesn't that mean no one is being punished?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    I think they want events like this to be for newer players to get them involved in the game and so the whales at the end game don't get even more resources to keep moving the goal posts further away.

But if there were no rewards for people that already had the characters - or even very meager rewards (say, credits instead of shards) - the goal posts wouldn't be moving.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • shlominus
    23 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I think they want events like this to be for newer players to get them involved in the game and so the whales at the end game don't get even more resources to keep moving the goal posts further away.

i agree. but there is a group of players who have been playing for only a short while and are still being punished by investing energy into farming phoenix. they are punished for doing that! if you started a few weeks ago you are still "a newer player". yet, if you went just above the threshhold for this event, you are punished for... playing the game?

maybe this factor was not considered.

me, personally, i am a bit miffed, but not really fed up. i am maxing out my thrawn/emperor-squad right now. when i think about how i could have played more efficiently i am not happy. i wish i'd get a few cardshop-creds out of it. but if i consider people who simply farmed them and are now a tiny bit above the threshold... they are truly crinked. ;)

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

So, if everyone is being punished - doesn't that mean no one is being punished?

yeswrestler.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    shlominus wrote: »

me, personally, i am a bit miffed, but not really fed up. i am maxing out my thrawn/emperor-squad right now. when i think about how i could have played more efficiently i am not happy. i wish i'd get a few cardshop-creds out of it. but if i consider people who simply farmed them and are now a tiny bit above the threshold... they are truly crinked. ;)

I am in that boat.... It's really not that big of a deal, I will just continue farming and be glad som eother players got a leg up in the game....
  • Options

But we actually have the rosters to complete and enjoy that content? IMHO there shouldn't even be relic requirements. The supposed difficulty of proving grounds should be a sufficient gate for newbies.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    shlominus wrote: »

I am in that boat.... It's really not that big of a deal, I will just continue farming and be glad som eother players got a leg up in the game....

that's very generous of you, but we cannot judge such situations on a personal level. considering the huge player base, there are probably several thousands of affected players (not counting accounts that are simply too big to care ;) ), a lot of whom are probably less content than you are.

now, if there is good reasoning for why it was done this way, i'm all ears. maybe i just don't see it. that's quite likely actually, i have little experience in the game. but i have not seen any good arguments being made towards that effect.

i don't see a balancing angle. i don't see an economic angle. sure, they want people to spend money, but will a few shards or currency make people not spend anything or less? it can't be a coding issue. what reasons could there by? the rules for this event seem arbitrary (and pointless) to me.

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    It is obvious why they don't let us play it for fun...
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

But we actually have the rosters to complete and enjoy that content? IMHO there shouldn't even be relic requirements. The supposed difficulty of proving grounds should be a sufficient gate for newbies.

It’s just FOMO with a roster capable of Red Crate you would complete the mission at 3 star easily no issue. Each Tier just requires a specific counter. The reason it’s challenging is because players needing to do it do not have a roster capable of red crate in conquest and often do not have the most effective team. You could always recreate that if you wish by restricting what teams you use for next conquest like a Nuzlocke Challenge and figure out for yourself why you are not missing anything special.