Ban SWGOH GAC defense and attack stats?

Am I the only one thinking CG should get SWGOH to remove the GAC defense and attack watcher for other players?

Always thought it's bull...., to give players an advantage by using a third party site, to sneak peak your opponents defense. In my opinion they should only be open for your own account so you can look back at what worked and what didn't.

The option to watch your GAC group and their rosters quicker is a nice feature and can be done ingame too. (for the most part)

And yes there is the option to switch your defense every GAC event and scout the opponent, but it's a lot of time investment on top of everything else.
To me checking swgoh for opponents defense is mild cheating and it feels absolutely terrible, to face someone with the perfect answer to everything you do. GAC should be about knowing matchups, strategy and having an out for as many possibilities as possible, not just lose to some guy who spent an hour trying to learn your entire life history on a third party site.

TLDR:
SWGOH attack and defense watcher for GAC, let's you make strategies based on information you can only get from a third party site.
It shouldn't be an option for other players to see what you do.
GAC should be based on game knowledge and strategy, not "cheating" on third party sites to know your opponents strat.

Replies

• Options
    Sembred wrote: »
    Am I the only one thinking CG should get SWGOH to remove the GAC defense and attack watcher for other players?

Always thought it's bull...., to give players an advantage by using a third party site, to sneak peak your opponents defense. In my opinion they should only be open for your own account so you can look back at what worked and what didn't.

The option to watch your GAC group and their rosters quicker is a nice feature and can be done ingame too. (for the most part)

And yes there is the option to switch your defense every GAC event and scout the opponent, but it's a lot of time investment on top of everything else.
    To me checking swgoh for opponents defense is mild cheating and it feels absolutely terrible, to face someone with the perfect answer to everything you do. GAC should be about knowing matchups, strategy and having an out for as many possibilities as possible, not just lose to some guy who spent an hour trying to learn your entire life history on a third party site.

TLDR:
    SWGOH attack and defense watcher for GAC, let's you make strategies based on information you can only get from a third party site.
    GAC should be based on game knowledge and strategy, not "cheating" on third party sites to know your opponents strat.

Hard no.

Basically you’re saying that because you can’t be bothered to put in extra time and effort then others who are willing shouldn’t be able to either. If your opponents are using available info for their advantage, info which you also have access to, then they deserve to beat you IMO.

There’s no cheating involved, players are simply using available resources.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Sembred wrote: »

TLDR:

You can always switch up your defenses if you are that much of a keener....
  • Options
    Reviewing opponents' previous work is literally part of every competitive sport/game/contest. It only increases the more professional the event is.

If you need to win more than you currently are to have fun, it will always require more time, money or both. This applies to everything.

I've scaled back on GAC - never change my defense, almost never scout the opponent, win what seems like more than 50% of the time. It's the perfect amount of fun and engagement for me.
  • Options
    Shoeraxer wrote: »
    Reviewing opponents' previous work is literally part of every competitive sport/game/contest. It only increases the more professional the event is.

If you need to win more than you currently are to have fun, it will always require more time, money or both. This applies to everything.

I've scaled back on GAC - never change my defense, almost never scout the opponent, win what seems like more than 50% of the time. It's the perfect amount of fun and engagement for me.

I do the same and still maintain a good rank in kyber.

My issue is, it's a third party site, if you don't know, you don't know.
    If swgoh implemented it it's all fine by me, but right now you need to go to a third party site, sign up to be able to get information the game won't give you.
  • Options
    Any SWGoH player who has not found their way to swgoh.gg is either just starting out or doesn't care enough to do research.
  • Options
    Any sport is based on looking at film to see what you can do better and what your opponent can do better. if it’s previous data then i’m all for it. the way you make it sound in your post is that you can see data on that very round. that would be wrong, however past data is not. you must learn from that data to take you advantage and run through the oppponent as efficiently as possible, and that requires bringing the best teams for the battle.
  • Options
    Don't put your account on GG.
  • Options
    That can’t be stopped anymore I don’t think.
    rickertron wrote: »
    Don't put your account on GG.

Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg