• Options
    Chirrut is blind.
  • CrispyFett
    1010 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    wharp wrote: »
    Inspiration:
    • We are always thrilled at an opportunity to add a new original character to the Star Wars universe
    • It’s important that our players can see themselves in our game
    • People with disabilities belong in Star Wars, belong in games, and belong in our community
    • Designing Drogan alongside Leia allowed us to really set up what the team needs, especially to prevent players from destroying their CLS squad to make Leia’s

We need more people playing our game, make him disabled
    This is not enough, make him asian

Seriously, you don't need to justify why he have to be disabled or anything else, we already know that the path that Disney choose to include every aspect of the human society in SW, next you will have to deal with LGBTQ community, ....

Is that a bad thing? Isn't it refreshing that Disney is including "every aspect of human society" in SW? (even thought they aren't really). These seem like positives to me, I'm not sure what the downside is?
  • wharp
    223 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Inspiration:
    • We are always thrilled at an opportunity to add a new original character to the Star Wars universe
    • People with disabilities belong in Star Wars, belong in games, and belong in our community
    • Designing Drogan alongside Leia allowed us to really set up what the team needs, especially to prevent players from destroying their CLS squad to make Leia’s

Seriously, you don't need to justify why he have to be disabled or anything else, we already know that the path that Disney choose to include every aspect of the human society in SW, next you will have to deal with LGBTQ community, ....

Is that a bad thing? Isn't it refreshing that Disney is including "every aspect of human society" in SW? (even thought they aren't really). These seem like positives to me, I'm not sure what the downside is?

It is positive, what I am trying to say, that they didn't need to justify him being disabled because they want players seeing themselves in their game, they just have to make him a better back story than "the community".
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Inspiration:

It is positive, what I am trying to say, that they didn't need to justify him being disabled because they want players seeing themselves in their game, they just have to make him a better back story than "the community".

Ah, ok. Yea, seems like his back-story could have been more fleshed out. Maybe they'll be more to it during the unlock event?
  • Options
    Inspiration:

Actually we already have Sana and Dr. Aphra, and there’s nothing wrong about it
  • Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    So dagon is allowing certain teams to beat jabba, I assume CG would like that to stop considering they want the same from nightsisters beating jabba?

Can't be having double standards can we now?

CG hasn't changed anything about Merrin NS yet.... Their win rate against Jabba is pretty low...

It's Drogan btw....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    So dagon is allowing certain teams to beat jabba, I assume CG would like that to stop considering they want the same from nightsisters beating jabba?

CG hasn't changed anything about Merrin NS yet.... Their win rate against Jabba is pretty low...

It's Drogan btw....

They haven't, yet, but the meer fact the mentioned it

Yeah, cba to learn a made up toons name honestly

I'd like your ally code so I can make sure you aren't running this toon a year from now..... lol
  • YolkyWarEagle1
    373 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

It's Drogan btw....

it’s mere btw
    Post edited by YolkyWarEagle1 on
  • Options

It's Drogan btw....

They are all made up…
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    did they ever release his Q&A?
  • Ultra
    11602 posts Moderator
    Options
    Isn’t Echo technically disabled… especially after everything that was replaced

Star Wars has a lot of characters with disabilities but Drogan is different in the sense he is born with a disability rather than being disabled later on

Not saying Drogan is unique in this case, some of the defected clones were disabled and the term bad batch was there for a reason but they were clones

Star Wars does a good job of representing disability either through birth or from consequence of war or other means

I think it’s neat that Drogan is in that list except he’s not a clone or his disability doesn’t make him better at what he does (bad batch) but i think marketing his disability as a defining point is eh given the medium (Star Wars universe)

It’s a nice definition but would be cool if there was more to him than a rebel soldier backstory

What if he was a former nightbrother turned rebel or something