New Capital Ships

Tcetter
55 posts Member
edited August 2023
Does anyone else find it overly burdensome for CG to have the GL-like requirements for new Capital ships, only for it to take months and months to get to 7* unless you pay? I get it, if you don’t like it, don’t engage. I’m just trying to understand the logic of putting such a high gate in front of something with high requirements to begin with. Meet the extreme reqs, beat the event, and unlock your new toy. What’s wrong with that? It seems to work fine for GLs. Ships suck and this doesn’t help improve that in the slightest.

Replies

• Options
    1- meet the requirements
    2- get new cap ship
    3- use fleet crystals to up new cap ship
    4- rinse abd repeat...

Honestly, they only release about 1 a year.... They aren't hard to prep for ...
  • LordDirt
    5044 posts Member
    Options
    Pay?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    1- meet the requirements
    2- get new cap ship
    4- rinse abd repeat...

Rinse and repeat once a month for 2 years.
  • Options
    The name of the game is resource management. I hoard gear, mats, crystals, etc. I was able to unlock Levi 1st time at 6* using crystals, and decided to bring it to 7* the second time also with crystals (because I'm impatient). I didn't have to spend any actual $. If you don't want to spend crystals (or don't hoard them), you could get it for free over a long period of time. Or you can use real $. The whole game is a balance of time & resources. The original Cap ships had to be unlocked slowly over time as well, through the monthly events (which could be refreshed for crystals IIRC, been a long time), so not that different from the old cap ships, other than higher pre-reqs, but that is to be expected as the game gets older and progresses
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    The name of the game is resource management. I hoard gear, mats, crystals, etc. I was able to unlock Levi 1st time at 6* using crystals, and decided to bring it to 7* the second time also with crystals (because I'm impatient). I didn't have to spend any actual $. If you don't want to spend crystals (or don't hoard them), you could get it for free over a long period of time. Or you can use real $. The whole game is a balance of time & resources. The original Cap ships had to be unlocked slowly over time as well, through the monthly events (which could be refreshed for crystals IIRC, been a long time), so not that different from the old cap ships, other than higher pre-reqs, but that is to be expected as the game gets older and progresses

Agreed, I’m just venting and feel that if you want to have GL reqs then it should be a 7* unlock.
  • Options
    Tcetter wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    1- meet the requirements
    2- get new cap ship
    4- rinse abd repeat...

Rinse and repeat once a month for 2 years.

I unlocked Leviathan at 6 stars first time the event came.... I used it in fleet to get first daily and used the crystals to get it 7 star next time around... Didn't cost me a nickel...
  • Options

Agreed, I’m just venting and feel that if you want to have GL reqs then it should be a 7* unlock.

CG: We need to improve our revenue stream with Exec. Panic farming our marquees are only making us boatloads of money. We need yachtfulls of money.
    Random Intern at CG: What about GL reqs and ~23,000 c to 7*
    why-not-both-por-que-no-los-dos.gif
    CG: Make that man the head of marketing and PR!
    *murmurings "we have a PR department?!?!"
  • Options

Gotcha. Yea, 7* unlocks would be awesome, given the amount of time & resources just to be able to play the event