How much do you guys spend on this game?

Just wondering how much I need to spend to be number 1?

Replies

• Options
    You can get to #1 with minimal money or even free. The question is how fast you want to get there. And do you want a large collection of characters to use.
  • Options
    Really?
  • Options
    $0
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I drop $20 about once a week to be able to refresh cantina at 100-200 and regular energy at 50-50-100-100-100.

And I never buy chromiums/aurodium packs.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    I almost bought a $50 crystal pack this weekend, but decided against it.
  • Options
    When I first started I spent some money. Probably around $250 total since day one. Fell into the chromium trap a few times. But I've learned since then. I might toss $20 a month at it now if there's something I'm really trying to get accomplished.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    $0, but I haven't been doing any good.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You can get #1 in arena fine without spending a penny. All of the 'meta' characters are available to get, I never see chromium exclusive characters used at the top of arena, they will however take a few months to complete at 7*.

If you are on a new shard it will be incredibly pay to win for quite a few months, as those paying will get to levels and characters much faster than people playing for free, but by time you get to max level if you were farming non-trash characters you can compete.

This however changes when the 'meta' changes and you have to slowly grind shards for the new meta characters to stand a chance. Either way, some of the characters you already farmed are likely still viable.

Even then, you don;t need the most 'meta' team, as attacking you have advantage so even if the opponent has a slightly better team than you, you can still beat them.

Havign the end goal of getting to #1 is not as important to get to as quickly as possible as some may believe, enjoy the game at your own pace. All that getting to #1 in arena gives you is a more crystals to use on refreshes without having to spend anything. Although by time you get to max lvl and can viably get to #1 in arena, the urgency to have crystals for refreshes somewhat dissipates until he level cap is increased. And even then, it does not make levelling that much faster. You gain a lot of experience from dailies, normal energy regeneration, 45 energy boosts throughout the day. Makes 3/4 refreshes not ground breaking.

Just wondering what your motivation to get to #1 asap really nets you. There are always people around your arena rank to compete against and things to strive for. You will get there eventually.

Personally I have spent around £800, grabbed a bunch of chromiums the other day just on a whim, nothing I am actually going to use or would really help me. As someone that has been playing since November I would still have a viable arena team even without spending a penny.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Many f2p players make it to #1 (my eldest son was one of them until he stopped playing for a few weeks). I've made the top 10 once and cracked the top 20 several times as a guppy (less than $20) - but I don't use crystals to refresh and spent crystals stupidly early on.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Moved this to off topic.
  • Options
    Nowt
  • Options
    Ok... Will keep the faith!
  • Options
    You can get to #1 with minimal money or even free. The question is how fast you want to get there. And do you want a large collection of characters to use.

THIS. I'm level 72, almost 73, with a 7 star A Team and a large collection of decent characters in general. Nothing spent, it just takes a lot of time and patience.

Money is good for speeding up the process, but for me, it takes away a lot of the fun. Sorry, EA!