Buying GL Leia today?

CG’s like no thanks. Scout Trooper not available. At least offer packs for fomo folks like you used to.

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    the event is always available, you can wait for scout trooper to be available
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    If you wanted to buy them should have done it before. /shrug
  • Options
    were you planning on farming scout in 1 day because if not then you may as well have been buying from the beginning
  • Options
    I dont preorder games for the same reason I dont unlock characters day 1, i refuse to pay money to be a beta tester for companies, just wait for them to fix all the bugs and do the buff and than get the character just look at leviathan
  • Options
    I dont preorder games for the same reason I dont unlock characters day 1, i refuse to pay money to be a beta tester for companies, just wait for them to fix all the bugs and do the buff and than get the character just look at leviathan

with cg you could be alpha tester and get paid. it seems they have a few openings in that department. maybe more than a few.
  • Options

with cg you could be alpha tester and get paid. it seems they have a few openings in that department. maybe more than a few.

Udk if they had the money for alpha testers they would have more than 1 outsated laptop for their company 😆
  • Options

Udk if they had the money for alpha testers they would have more than 1 outsated laptop for their company 😆

pgsgvqvhrvxf.png
    they are doing fine
  • Options
    although it has begun to decline. must be too much plastic in the ocean, killing all the whales.
  • Options
    Why is this even a discussion?
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    CG needs to test things, but GL leia looks so good i doubt it would be a buff, but prob a nerf.
  • Options

pgsgvqvhrvxf.png
    they are doing fine

Revenue != cash available to spend on salaries. Star Wars license is expensive. Shareholders have to get their cut too.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    If you wanted to buy them should have done it before. /shrug

I’m honesty fine, when I whale, I whale from shipments, but I find it funny they drop an event that is blocked. The fact that folks are in here to defend CG is also funny to me, you all work for them? (except Ultra who we all know does)

I checked the date on that graph, listed as ytd on 8/7, if that’s accurate, folks can see that some of their decisions or maybe fatigue of the old game is setting them up for their worst ever year. ~$85m sounds like a ton of money, but any company losing $25m of revenue a year, should be looking at the product offerings and figure out what’s wrong. A 23% decline in a year feels extreme. I guess it’s possible Q4 is their biggest, but I have a hard time buying that since they don’t work the last month of the year, no new GL’s will be released, so limited chases. If that’s not ytd, maybe the sky isn’t falling, but does look bad.

I know personally my spending is way down this year. The game has become way too much of a time commitment, the devs lie about stuff all the time, couple hard feeling with raised prices and I choose to waste my money else where.
  • Options
    Funny. Meathead already started a thread with this same question.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options

pgsgvqvhrvxf.png
    they are doing fine

If that is current, it is a big decline for 2023, espically if looking by Fiscal Year, which most for most companies ends in about 2 weeks
  • StarSon
    7461 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

pgsgvqvhrvxf.png
    they are doing fine

If that is current, it is a big decline for 2023, espically if looking by Fiscal Year, which most for most companies ends in about 2 weeks

It's calendar year, and it was published on August 7th.
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

pgsgvqvhrvxf.png
    they are doing fine

Revenue != cash available to spend on salaries. Star Wars license is expensive. Shareholders have to get their cut too.

I obviously don't know the details of the agreement, but I'm pretty sure they have a contract as EA, not specifically CG, for all SW properties so they don't need to pay licensing fees yearly for this game. Of course, maybe that's why they create characters like 50RT and Drogan.

Edit: Also, according to that site, GOH is still the 2nd highest grossing mobile game for EA, behind FIFA.
    Post edited by StarSon on
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

pgsgvqvhrvxf.png
    they are doing fine

It's calendar year, and it was published on August 7th

Still a decent drop for 2023 (not as bad as if it was FY) unless they pick up in this last quarter.