So what's going on with galactic legends?

I'm not at all complaining about this situation but just curious as to why there has been a huge change in the difficulty of galactic legend events. I remember when I was going about unlocking slkr we had options to build teams which I think added to the difficulty of completing the event since there was more than one possible strategy to win. By the next group of events everything was set up so players used only specific toons for each phase which took less of the guess work out of everything and potentially saved players valuable resources by only needing to adjust the required toons should they underperform. Now we get leia with all these freebies from the online store not available for other gls and no need to 7 star a ship which is highly unusual (unless I missed something). Again I am grateful for these new changes but what was the motivation to change up the difficulty all of a sudden?

Replies

• Options
    Needing four marquees at R7, with two of them not even farmable at the GLs launch isn't easier
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    To make unlocking a matter of spending, not RNG. IMO.

• Options
    Needing four marquees at R7, with two of them not even farmable at the GLs launch isn't easier

What does ease have to do with it? If you’re willing to pay enough you can do it, and they want to make it so that spenders are best placed to unlock early, the more you pay, the sooner you can own the new shiny. Money not RNG is their business model.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

What does ease have to do with it? If you’re willing to pay enough you can do it, and they want to make it so that spenders are best placed to unlock early, the more you pay, the sooner you can own the new shiny. Money not RNG is their business model.

That's why I had the previous post underneath it, because they already emphasised spending to unlock quicker.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

in 3 months everything will be just as easily available and Leia would be one of the easiest and big value GLs for new players

i can see her being the second GLs new players go for, really
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

in 3 months everything will be just as easily available and Leia would be one of the easiest and big value GLs for new players

i can see her being the second GLs new players go for, really

yup, i’m gonna go for her as soon as everything is farmable.