Conquest Optional Bonus Battles - what are they for?

Are these supposed to award mats for Datacrons?

Spent 388 energy and just got a single level 0 datacron. Should i have not done all the battles simmed at once?

Replies

• Options
    Yes they do. If you were simming Sector 1 bonus node you got datacache as well. Sounds like you just had really bad RNG - sometimes you get a lot of DCs, sometimes you do a lot of battles and get nothing.

How many battles you sim at a time has no effect whatsoever on drop rates.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Yes they do. If you were simming Sector 1 bonus node you got datacache as well. Sounds like you just had really bad RNG - sometimes you get a lot of DCs, sometimes you do a lot of battles and get nothing.

that bad of RNG is almost mathmatically impossible. Isn't the drop rates "supposed" to be around 33% based on extensive tests? that data cache is a waste too. mines constantly maxed out at 30 mil.

I'm finding the drops more around the 19-21% rate based on about a 4500 sample size.
  • Options
    Ryche wrote: »
    Are these supposed to award mats for Datacrons?

Spent 388 energy and just got a single level 0 datacron. Should i have not done all the battles simmed at once?

You can view supposed rewards before simming. Sector 1 node always gives datacron currency and have a chance to drop a datacron... unless you have currency capped, in this case you'll only get datacrons. For me it's about 20% droprate, 1 for 19 sims looks really bad but pretty much possible.
  • Options
    The drop rates for shards is 33%.

The drop rate for other items is definitely not the same.

20% is broadly in line with my observations for datacrons, though this Conquest run seems to have been a little above that for me.
  • Options

that data cache is a waste too. mines constantly maxed out at 30 mil.
    Do you level up your datacrons?
  • Options
    Given enough rolls of the dice, every possible outcome will eventually happen. Doesn't matter if the probability of that particular outcome is 0.0001%. And there are lots of dice rolls happening, across all the players of the game.

And as others have pointed out, getting 0 drops on 19 attempts with a ~20% drop rate is not nearly "mathematically" impossible".

Do you upgrade your DCs? Wild that you would be capped out on datacache.

You just had a bad run of RNG.

that bad of RNG is almost mathmatically impossible. Isn't the drop rates "supposed" to be around 33% based on extensive tests? that data cache is a waste too. mines constantly maxed out at 30 mil.

I'm finding the drops more around the 19-21% rate based on about a 4500 sample size.

• DaarthBrewer
    1962 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Today I found out that there is a max of 30 datacrons. I deleted one of the old set, still couldn't collect it from the inbox, just going to let it rot in there, all my new set are level 3 or above.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options

ya, just never have enough of the other mats to upgrade them though.
  • Options
    Sounds like you should be using the bonus nodes to farm for those mats, then.

ya, just never have enough of the other mats to upgrade them though.

• Options
    I farm S1 node until I get a cron, then farm either S2 or S3 depending on feats or mats until I can level it to 3, then back to 1, rinse/repeat.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.