Leia with Rex and Kanan.

https://youtu.be/EbecbnhvR24?si=zfrHSleRt3pJowRy

I feel like this comp is purposefully being buried by a lot of the big content producers. It’s obviously the best comp and looks reliable on defense. Especially with the revives this could become a nightmare in TW or GAC if you don’t have the appropriate counters left.

I know it breaks up Phoenix squad but I think it’s better to have an A+ squad than an A- and A.

Replies

• Options
    How is it obviously the best comp? Do you have hard data, or just projecting off your own biased opinion?

And I thought Ahnald looked silly in his tinfoil hat.
  • Options
    When you say, "A lot of the big content producers" - who do you mean? There's Ahnaldt, probably followed by Xaereth, and then there's everyone else. There are certainly some noteworthy less prolific content creators out there but those two are the only two left that could be considered 'big'.

Is it a conspiracy? I feel like it takes more than two people for a thing to qualify as a conspiracy.

Leia is still very new - only a tiny fraction of players have her right now. The "best" team comp may not have been established yet, though I reject the notion that there's a single best team comp. I think it's going to take more time to land on a consensus. Also, I feel like most people wouldn't take CRex out of a phoenix squad. They're way too versatile and useful to just toss them aside to make an already great team a little bit better.

As a final point - Ahnaldt explicitly stated in his testing vs Leia that LV is by far the weakest counter to her, and explained why.

I appreciate that you took the time to upload the video (if that's your video) - more footage is always better imo. Do you have any video of this team on defense vs any other GLs? Jabba? JML? Early testing seems to indicate that those are the two easiest counters for Leia. If having Rex on the team stops one of those then it might be worth considering - otherwise, if you have Phoenix geared, I think he stays with Phoenix.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    When you say, "A lot of the big content producers" - who do you mean? There's Ahnaldt, probably followed by Xaereth, and then there's everyone else. There are certainly some noteworthy less prolific content creators out there but those two are the only two left that could be considered 'big'.

Is it a conspiracy? I feel like it takes more than two people for a thing to qualify as a conspiracy.

Leia is still very new - only a tiny fraction of players have her right now. The "best" team comp may not have been established yet, though I reject the notion that there's a single best team comp. I think it's going to take more time to land on a consensus. Also, I feel like most people wouldn't take CRex out of a phoenix squad. They're way too versatile and useful to just toss them aside to make an already great team a little bit better.

As a final point - Ahnaldt explicitly stated in his testing vs Leia that LV is by far the weakest counter to her, and explained why.

I appreciate that you took the time to upload the video (if that's your video) - more footage is always better imo. Do you have any video of this team on defense vs any other GLs? Jabba? JML? Early testing seems to indicate that those are the two easiest counters for Leia. If having Rex on the team stops one of those then it might be worth considering - otherwise, if you have Phoenix geared, I think he stays with Phoenix.

I haven’t seen it vs Jabba or JML yet but it looks obvious to me. AOE daze with tenacity down is going to stop all the assists likely closes the doors on those counters. Idk it just seems obvious to me.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

I haven’t seen it vs Jabba or JML yet but it looks obvious to me. AOE daze with tenacity down is going to stop all the assists likely closes the doors on those counters. Idk it just seems obvious to me.

Jabba has a mass cleanse though, and JML is going to open with AOE ability block. I won't claim to know Leia's kit well enough to determine how effective that would be, but at first blush it looks like those will both neutralize any additional threat that CRex is bringing to the fight.
  • Options

Jabba has a mass cleanse though, and JML is going to open with AOE ability block. I won't claim to know Leia's kit well enough to determine how effective that would be, but at first blush it looks like those will both neutralize any additional threat that CRex is bringing to the fight.

No cause Kanan and Rex will cleanse on counter from R2 passive unique or Kanan will cleanse Rex. So the ability block won’t stick. With Jabba it is helpful but I think we saw from the testing if you can pause their thermals just for a fraction of a turn it really tips the battle.

I can’t say for certain because we are a week in to testing with this toon and not a single creator has done any in depth testing with what appears to be the best comp.
  • Options
    From watching Ahnald, his favourite team is: Leia, R2, Drogon, Old Ben, Ezra.
  • Options

No cause Kanan and Rex will cleanse on counter from R2 passive unique or Kanan will cleanse Rex. So the ability block won’t stick. With Jabba it is helpful but I think we saw from the testing if you can pause their thermals just for a fraction of a turn it really tips the battle.

I can’t say for certain because we are a week in to testing with this toon and not a single creator has done any in depth testing with what appears to be the best comp.

Sure, they cleanse themselves whenever they crit - but this stops them for at least a turn - which is long enough to get some key plays on the board.

I'm not saying this isn't a good team comp. I'm saying Leia was already an up-hill battle for LV (according to Ahnald anyway - I've done 0 testing vs Leia so this is admittedly hear-say) so Rex being there in this fight doesn't really move the needle a whole lot. Show me Rex stopping Leia's current hard counters (Jabba and JML) and then I'll be impressed. THAT might be enough to get people to drop Phoenix - but as of now, I don't see anyone giving up a whole team to make this one a slightly worse match-up to an already bad match-up.
  • Options

Sure, they cleanse themselves whenever they crit - but this stops them for at least a turn - which is long enough to get some key plays on the board.

I'm not saying this isn't a good team comp. I'm saying Leia was already an up-hill battle for LV (according to Ahnald anyway - I've done 0 testing vs Leia so this is admittedly hear-say) so Rex being there in this fight doesn't really move the needle a whole lot. Show me Rex stopping Leia's current hard counters (Jabba and JML) and then I'll be impressed. THAT might be enough to get people to drop Phoenix - but as of now, I don't see anyone giving up a whole team to make this one a slightly worse match-up to an already bad match-up.

It stops them 0 turns Kanan is going to share his counter chance with Rex and they’ll both stay clean.

Then you get to the whole point of my thread, they are claiming Jabba and JML to be hard counters to Leia but have no footage to prove they can beat this comp. All we’ve seen is that they can beat Baze and Ezra. CG specifically called out to use Kanan with Leia and nobody has don’t any due diligence on this.
  • Options

It stops them 0 turns Kanan is going to share his counter chance with Rex and they’ll both stay clean.

Then you get to the whole point of my thread, they are claiming Jabba and JML to be hard counters to Leia but have no footage to prove they can beat this comp. All we’ve seen is that they can beat Baze and Ezra. CG specifically called out to use Kanan with Leia and nobody has don’t any due diligence on this.

Of course they have no footage of it - you're the one that's making the claim and YOU don't even have any footage of it. All you've shown so far is that this comp beats an already established weak counter. Maybe it'll work - maybe it won't - but so far you're not proving that your conspiracy theory holds any water.

I'm also still waiting to hear who "a lot of the big content creators" are that are burying this team comp but I feel like that ship might have sailed already.

By all means, you should test it and show us if it works - I'm genuinely curious to know how it performs. Everyone that's going for Leia right now is waiting to see what the stronger team comps are going to be, so more data is great.
  • herd_nerfer
    1874 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I think don't think Kanan shares his counter chance without Hera in the lead... it's her leadership that shares the Phoenix uniques across the team, isn't it? Leia does grant retribution on her basic but it's both dispellable and on her basic - not sure, but I don't think the AI is going to open with a basic.
  • Options

I think don't think Kanan shares his counter chance without Hera in the lead... it's her leadership that shares the Phoenix uniques across the team, isn't it? Leia does grant retribution on her basic but it's both dispellable and on her basic - not sure, but I don't think the AI is going to open with a basic.

Yeah you’re right they won’t share that does make a pretty big difference.
  • Options

On another note - your profile pic is great :)
  • Options

On another note - your profile pic is great :)

Lol thanks. Just to close the loop on this I was able to check with the guy who made the video. Jabba does not beat it. It actually brings you back to JMK being the best shot at beating it. Not at all what I expected but in hindsight it kind of makes sense.
  • TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Rex’s Datacron (or Omicron) means he’ll automatically dispel any Ability Blocks. At least on him or Kanan.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Rex’s Datacron (or Omicron) means he’ll automatically dispel any Ability Blocks. At least on him or Kanan.

Only if the entire squad is Phoenix in 5v5 for the Omicron.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.