How exactly does “increased mastery” work?

Hello all,

I’m hoping somebody can provide insight to how “increased mastery” works.

Each relic level brings a different amount of mastery, either a flat 5, 10, or 15. However, the stat boosts aren’t linear with mastery increase. They are custom-built from character to character, relic level to relic level. So I’m curious if anybody knows exactly what happens when one toon increases the mastery of another toon.

I’m going to use Maglus as an example. With his leadership omicron, he gives his Sith Empire Allie’s +50% mastery. Does this equate to a 50% boost in the stats listed under mastery, or is it different and more complex than that? If I bring my SET to r9, he should have in the neighborhood of +34,000 protection from his relic level…. Would this go to +51,000 protection with the +50% mastery from Malgus’ lead? Or is it something else?

Thanks to everybody in advance for their help and insight, I appreciate it!

Replies

• Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I’m going to use Maglus as an example. With his leadership omicron, he gives his Sith Empire Allie’s +50% mastery. Does this equate to a 50% boost in the stats listed under mastery, or is it different and more complex than that?

No, it does not equate to a 50% boost in stats. It equates to a 50% increase in mastery, which, as you noted, affects stats differently for each character. RJT getting a master boost will slowly increase her evasion, for instance.
  • haloimplant2
    38 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    they used to break down the relic stats between which ones scaled with Mastery and which ones didn't. they mashed it all together so it's simpler to look at but now we just see all the stats and I don't think there is any way to tell exactly what increased Mastery will do. you can see which stats it will effect in the character description but not the numbers anymore
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    You have to manually math it all.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Is there actually a way to do this? Please share the source if so :)

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Is there actually a way to do this? Please share the source if so :)

There is. I can try to dig it up later
    Basically
    Mastery x stat_modifier
    if (stats.base[61]) {
        // calculate effects of Mastery on Secondary stats:
        let mms = crTables[ unitData[ baseID ].masteryModifierID ];
        for (var statID in mms) {
          stats.base[ statID ] = (stats.base[ statID ] || 0) + stats.base[61]*mms[ statID ];
        }
      }

below would be mms for str_attacker

6 and 7 is physical/special damage
    {
      "6": 26,
      "7": 26,
      "10": 2,
      "11": 2,
      "37": 3.6,
      "38": 3.6
    }