Things I've been wondering about as a new player

Hello everyone!

I am a new player who started playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes 11 days ago. So far I got to level 42. And I'd like to ask you a couple of questions!

1. Can someone please explain what is a "roster", in detail? I received very bad and minimal explanation so far
2. As a starter squad, is it good to use Fulcrum Ahsoka with Phoneix (Hera, Ezra, Kannan and Sabine)? Asking because that's my squad right now. I maxed her out, she is currently the most powerful character in my collection. Should she be replaced with Chopper? I really don't want to do that...
3. Is my squad good enough to take on Palpatine as I keep upgrading them?

Hope you're all having a great day!

Markoscream :)

Replies

• Options
    1. The broad term for a Rooster is all the characters you have unlocked in your character pool.
    The issue is even though you unlocked them.

Sometimes, people don’t use all the characters they unlock right away.
    The characters you are leveling up, gearing, or trying to use to beat other stuff is usually known as Main Rooster.

In your case, The Phoenix team would be characters your trying to use to beat stuff so they are part of your Main Rooster. Any other characters you unlocked would be in your Rooster, but might be idle or not used.

2. Fulcrum Ahsoka doesn’t belong with Phoenix.
    You can use her on different Rebel team.

3. The Phoenix team has 3 different strategies which people can use.
    Depending on strategy your doing it changes the characters you want to use on team.

Team 1:
    - Hera
    - Captian Rex
    - Chopper
    - Ezra
    - Kanan

Team 2:
    - Hera
    - Captian Rex
    - Chopper
    - Sabrina
    - Zeb

Team 3:
    - Hera
    - Captian Rex
    - Chopper
    - Sabrina
    - Kanan

I don’t have time right now to explain the different team strategies, but just wanted to show you team.
  • Markoscream
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Thanks J! This clarifies many things!

I got something more that bothers me...

Today I got my first 2 dark side ships, and I unlocked this achievement. But I'm afraid to collect it as I fear it might dissapear, and not count in the actual ship building materials once I unlock them. Same goes for the fleet arena tokens. What should I do? Should I just let them hang there for now until I unlock ships?

g11619y29wy9.jpg
  • Options
    Just collect it. Not sure why there’s any question about that.
  • Options
    Thanks J! This clarifies many things!

I got something more that bothers me...

Today I got my first 2 dark side ships, and I unlocked this achievement. But I'm afraid to collect it as I fear it might dissapear, and not count in the actual ship building materials once I unlock them. Same goes for the fleet arena tokens. What should I do? Should I just let them hang there for now until I unlock ships?

g11619y29wy9.jpg
    Claim it.

Also check out the swgoh wiki site. Lots of info for new players
  • Options
    Thanks so much guys!
  • Options
    also we could take a look at your roster if u have a .gg - it would help us know what we are working with.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

I am a new player who started playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes 11 days ago. So far I got to level 42. And I'd like to ask you a couple of questions!

1. Can someone please explain what is a "roster", in detail? I received very bad and minimal explanation so far
    2. As a starter squad, is it good to use Fulcrum Ahsoka with Phoneix (Hera, Ezra, Kannan, and Sabine)? Asking because that's my squad right now. I maxed her out, she is currently the most powerful character in my collection. Should she be replaced with Chopper? I really don't want to do that...

If you're going for Phoenix, Captain Rex is an insane character to get, but he is only a 1 shard farm right now so if you are going that route, use at least 1 refresh a day but be careful as you don't want to waste all your gems. I have a Phoenix team with Hera, Ezra, Zeb, Chopper, and Kanan. They are all alright, but I'm not going to have them long-term and am just using them for Admiral Thrawn.

As for your ships, PLEASE work on them. All ships are only 1 shard farms and take months to complete so start as soon as you can. If you need help, check out Ahnaldt101 on YT for his farming guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlUgfFiU_Nc

Something that will help you and the people in the forums is for you to make an account on swgoh.gg
    This site allows everyone to see what you have unlocked, their power, stars, and overall any stat they need to aid you on your journey.

I started about 5 months ago and it's been a blast. I know it may not seem worth it right now, but work on your Bounty Hunter teams as soon as you can. I'm currently at a spot where I can't progress that much because of them.

I hope you enjoy your stay and don't give up too quickly, as everything can be extremely overwhelming. But lucky for you and I, this is a great time to be playing swgoh for beginners.

If you need any help, I'll gladly help you with anything. From beginner to beginner, I can give you some tips I have received from when I was brand new to this game and from what others have told me.

• Options
    DemonSlayr wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

2. As a starter squad, is it good to use Fulcrum Ahsoka with Phoneix (Hera, Ezra, Kannan, and Sabine)? Asking because that's my squad right now. I maxed her out, she is currently the most powerful character in my collection. Should she be replaced with Chopper? I really don't want to do that...

If you're going for Phoenix, Captain Rex is an insane character to get, but he is only a 1 shard farm right now so if you are going that route, use at least 1 refresh a day but be careful as you don't want to waste all your gems. I have a Phoenix team with Hera, Ezra, Zeb, Chopper, and Kanan. They are all alright, but I'm not going to have them long-term and am just using them for Admiral Thrawn.

As for your ships, PLEASE work on them. All ships are only 1 shard farms and take months to complete so start as soon as you can. If you need help, check out Ahnaldt101 on YT for his farming guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlUgfFiU_Nc

Something that will help you and the people in the forums is for you to make an account on swgoh.gg
    This site allows everyone to see what you have unlocked, their power, stars, and overall any stat they need to aid you on your journey.

I started about 5 months ago and it's been a blast. I know it may not seem worth it right now, but work on your Bounty Hunter teams as soon as you can. I'm currently at a spot where I can't progress that much because of them.

I hope you enjoy your stay and don't give up too quickly, as everything can be extremely overwhelming. But lucky for you and I, this is a great time to be playing swgoh for beginners.

If you need any help, I'll gladly help you with anything. From beginner to beginner, I can give you some tips I have received from when I was brand new to this game and from what others have told me.

Thanks so much for this very detailed explanation! This was amazing!

Yeah I already begun working on Bounty Hunters, just got Boba to 5 stars today! Focusing on him and Cad Bane until I max them out, then I'll probably go on IG-88 and Greedo!

I saw Anhald's guide! It was very helpful! Also Star Wars Dad's guide on the Galactic store abd what to spend my tokens on! Both have been very careful!
  • Options
    only farm cad from galactic war- not sure if there is a node, but if there is, don’t use it
  • Options
    only farm cad from galactic war- not sure if there is a node, but if there is, don’t use it

What is a node?
  • Options
    A node is what we call a battle point along a line.

For example Light side normal battle 1F is a node where you fight general veers for some mk1 gear. There are 12 nodes on the gal war track.
  • Markoscream
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    A node is what we call a battle point along a line.

For example Light side normal battle 1F is a node where you fight general veers for some mk1 gear. There are 12 nodes on the gal war track.

Ooooh so a node is one of those circles then where you fight enemies! Like how there's a "node" for dark side hard mode 2B where you farm Boba Fett! Right?

Also, what is a node in general context? I've never came across this word in English before.

Or actually I have, in Musical class!

...No wait, that's a note... But there should be nodes too???
  • Options
    A node is just generally a larger spot along a line, like a bulge in a branch where a flower bud grows from. Sometimes a hinge point too.