What if...a discussion about Rancor Challenge

Two thoughts swirl my head about this challenge at the moment.
I believe, 2 characters at present have specials that deal directly with opponent health.
Savage- K.0. at 25% health or lower
Rex- damage based on opponent's total health

Since we love speculating so much; what are the odds these 2 specials work on the Rancor?
If they do, Rex will be the man.

Replies

• Options
    Also keep in mind expose debuffs, stuns, and turn meter removal.
  • Options
    I'm wondering, with a turn meter removal team, maybe we can own this beast without him taking a turn.
    Or he could be like a massive yoda, go 3 times to our 1.
  • TrudyBeekman
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I would hope/hate that they have thought of this and make him immune to debuffs and turn meter reduction. If they didnt, I think the whole raid boss situation would be mute as he would go down as easily as any other toon.
    On the other topic. I hope Rex's ability works but not savage.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I expect Rancor will have near 100% resistance to debuff or special damage skills...
    And he probably will use an AoE that kills everyone after X turns... so you have to make as more damage as possible a few times.
    Expect 100M health boss
  • Options
    @TrudyBeekman
    Spoken like a true whale :)
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Given Rex's ability does not really appear to affect the super powered Savage on the challenge, I wouldn't expect it to affect the Rancor.
  • Options
    @TrudyBeekman
    Spoken like a true whale :)

Nope. F2p. I'm too poor to be a whale. And in general I'm against whaling.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Kyle_Ron wrote: »
    Also keep in mind expose debuffs, stuns, and turn meter removal.

I would imagine stuns may not work against a raid boss. However, characters like Savage, Rex, Ashoka who have more damage at the "Execute" stage may come in really handy. Savage doing 99,999 damage under 25% on a raid boss every few turns is pretty awesome... Almost too awesome so I bet it will be changed or restricted during raid encounters.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV