What is the retreat button and how do I use it?

I keep seeing ppl post about retreating in GW. What exactly does that mean and how can I do it?

Replies

• Options
    Maybe use the search function
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Right, the retreat button is how everyone is able to complete GW everyday. It restarts a whole battle as if nothing had happened, allowing you to try a slightly different tactic, knowing that the RNG seed will stay the same, allowing you to get the best result possible. You could even retreat and the send in a suicide to absorb the opponents specials and die instantly while doing so. This not only wastes their specials, but also resets the RNG seed, meaning different things will happen. To retreat, click on the gear button in the top left of the screen during a GW match, then click retreat. Simple as that.
  • Options
    Retreat???
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
  • Options
    Right, the retreat button is how everyone is able to complete GW everyday. It restarts a whole battle as if nothing had happened, allowing you to try a slightly different tactic, knowing that the RNG seed will stay the same, allowing you to get the best result possible. You could even retreat and the send in a suicide to absorb the opponents specials and die instantly while doing so. This not only wastes their specials, but also resets the RNG seed, meaning different things will happen. To retreat, click on the gear button in the top left of the screen during a GW match, then click retreat. Simple as that.

Perfect explanation, newbies think we have amazing teams that can crush everyone in one sitting... It's the retreat for me I'm not close to being strong like the rest of the forum :'(
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

Perfect explanation, newbies think we have amazing teams that can crush everyone in one sitting... It's the retreat for me I'm not close to being strong like the rest of the forum :'(

Apparently I sort of do. The last two days I cleared GW with my A-squad with zero suicides or replacements. But the retreat button had a ton to do with that. When my initial attack doesn't go as planned, I reset the battle and try something different until I can clear the stage without losing anyone (and hopefully with fresh cooldowns). But if after a few attempts I can't, that's when I move on to human sacrifices.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.