Leveling rates past 70?

Just a thing I've noticed, which I don't quite understand, is how quickly some people are able to level in comparison to others. For instance, I'm currently on 72 (basically 73, just a couple hundred short), and was capped at 70 before the patch rolled out, so I shouldn't be almost two full levels behind people I'm facing in the Squad Arena.

Question basically is, how are people able to level so quickly? I understand that buying Energy with Crystals is a thing (which I do, 2x for Regular, 1x for Squad Cantina), but beyond that and doing the dailies, how are people leveling beyond that? Is it through endlessly spamming crystals on energy?

Replies

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    They're doing lots of refreshes with the ton of crystals that they bought. Some people spend thousands on this game.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    They're doing lots of refreshes with the ton of crystals that they bought. Some people spend thousands on this game.

I knew the latter part was true, but I didn't realize that the crystal refreshes would be optimal after maybe 200 crystals. (I haven't spent more than $60 on this game)
  • Options
    They also stockpile energy for weeks prior to a level update by using crystals to buy refreshes over and over. They miss out on free energy this way but feel it is worth it to level up faster. Until recently, there was no cap on how high you could stockpile excess energy. They recently capped it at around a few thousand. Those who were above the cap were frozen where they were but still some were way up there.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    You could get a 3000 exp head start.

Plus a first place finisher without spending money can do 50/50/100/100/100 plus 100 so that's an extra 3 refreshes per day. So it's been about 10 days so that's half a level. Now spenders might do the 200/200/200 200 for another 480 a day so that's about a 3/4 level. So a top leveled would be 11400 ahead of you right now which is almost 2 levels so 74 to 75.
  • Options
    They also stockpile energy for weeks prior to a level update by using crystals to buy refreshes over and over. They miss out on free energy this way but feel it is worth it to level up faster. Until recently, there was no cap on how high you could stockpile excess energy. They recently capped it at around a few thousand. Those who were above the cap were frozen where they were but still some were way up there.

One guy posted on here said he had 30k (maybe it was 20k) energy saved. I believe him because he started the thread the day they implemented the cap and he was mad he couldn't buy more
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I will hit 74 tomorrow. I banked about 700 energy before the patch and buy 5 regular and 1 cantina per day.
    Edit Oh and I did a second cantina until I finished dooku.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    It's pretty crazy, but I saw a guy in squad arena that was level 79 already. I mean... How many freaking Crystals do some people use to level up? Lol
  • Options
    Apoc wrote: »
    It's pretty crazy, but I saw a guy in squad arena that was level 79 already. I mean... How many freaking Crystals do some people use to level up? Lol

We need to have this guy tell us who's in cantina 7 lol
  • Options
    Don't you gus miss out on all the regular energy though? Don't care enough to do the math, but all that energy that could constantly be replenning at 1/5 mins (I think) is completely wasted. Right?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

I knew the latter part was true, but I didn't realize that the crystal refreshes would be optimal after maybe 200 crystals. (I haven't spent more than $60 on this game)

Optimal gas no meaning to someone with that much money.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Broke college kid got no time to pay for this ****