All Buyers Be Cautious

Please note that I am still trying to work this out with EA Help and the Bug Report team, but after a week I am losing hope on a resolution.

Here is the issue I had last week and my cautionary tale for others:

I decided to spend some money in order to get a bit more of a leg up.

First, I spent $20 on the Raddus bundle. No issues there.

Then, I went to buy $20 worth of crystals to use toward energy refreshes on the recent Galactic Chase. The game got stuck for a minute with the loading icon. After a bit, the window popped up to say that there was some kind of issue but that if I was charged, then the crystals should come to my Inbox in the game. A separate notification came through to my email that the charge was made, so I expected the crystals to arrive soon.

Last thing I planned to buy was the basic $10 Conquest pass. There were no issues or delays like the crystal purchase.

After a short time, I received a message to my Inbox. It was not for crystals. Instead, it was indicating that I had purchased the Conquest Plus pass and included the items that came with that. No crystals ever arrived into my Inbox.

After nearly a week of trying to get assistance, there has been no correction or even explanation for this problem. It makes no sense to me how this could have happened.

My willingness to spend money in support of this game has declined over the years. Now, that willingness is gone when I cannot be certain I will actually receive what I chose to purchase.

Replies

• scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    If I remember right the crystal purchase never went to in box, they where directly added to your crystal stash. You just got an inbox message saying you bought them.
  • Options
    I thought that too, but crystals never came to my stash either.
  • Options
    I had noticed over the last 2 days some error messages popping up when trying to make purchases in the "in game store" Specifically looking to purchase crystals and when i tried to purchase the cheap relic cargo crate. I ended up going through the webstore as I couldn't complete the purchases in the app.
  • Options
    Have to agree

Side note web store had some freebies did not get
  • Options
    I had an issue with with the Web exclusive Malgus pack which gives 40 of his shards (roughly £25/30 by memory) and some relic materials. It charged me twice!
    instead of giving my money back for the second purchase (which I didn’t even know had gone through nor authorised) i received the amount in crystals which I worked out to be well below what you would pay if just buying crystals anyway.

Opened a ticket and never heard a response back. It seems More often than not when actually trying to talk to Capital Games it’s complacency at best and negligent at worst.
  • Options
    @Fenn93

In a case like that, it's probably best to dispute the charge with your debit/credit card. Double check that it actually did show up on your bill twice, and then contact your bank/cc.
  • Options
    Have you tried the "Restore Purchases" function in settings?
  • Options
    Have you tried the "Restore Purchases" function in settings?

Yes, more than once on different days. No luck with that.
  • Options
    Another week has passed. I have been sent in circles by the in-game EA Help, and the Bug Report & Technical Issues team has sent no response since their first message sending me back to EA Help (I sent a couple replies to request further assistance).

I just want to get the crystals I purchased, but now I can find no means of obtaining support.
  • Options
    After another week has passed and there is still no resolution. The latest response from EA Help in-game fascinated and puzzled me:

"I apologize about the issue that you have explained, however all the in-game transactions are irreversible. I wish there could be some option to alter this however game is fully controlled through server there is no scope of any modification."

This statement sounds to me like there is never anything they can do to reverse or correct any in-game purchases.
  • Options
    P122K1918 wrote: »
    After another week has passed and there is still no resolution. The latest response from EA Help in-game fascinated and puzzled me:

"I apologize about the issue that you have explained, however all the in-game transactions are irreversible. I wish there could be some option to alter this however game is fully controlled through server there is no scope of any modification."

This statement sounds to me like there is never anything they can do to reverse or correct any in-game purchases.

That seems like a bot reply to me. EA's help is relying on auto-responses to issues instead of paying them due diligence like they should.
  • Options
    Their entire support system is terrible, and it does feel like a bot as the replies are dumb.

I would keep trying. As an app developer, I can tell you that the process for transactions is:

-initiate purchase, run card transaction
    -send verification to app
    -app must confirm the goods were delivered

If it isn't confirmed, the transaction is refunded within a few days. Check your card transactions to verify the transaction wasn't voided or refunded. You can also check in app purchase history in your Google or Apple account.

The web store is a better place to buy stuff. Greedy apple and Google take 30% of all revenue using in app purchases, and they require developers to offer them.
  • Options
    I have all requirements for jedi Cal Kestas! It's supposed to allow me to work on getting his shards! But it says unavailable! WHY?
  • Options
    I have all requirements for jedi Cal Kestas! It's supposed to allow me to work on getting his shards! But it says unavailable! WHY?

Because you missed his event. Jedi Cal is on a schedule right now. He won't be back for probally another 3-6 months. Don't know for sure though. He will eventually be able to get without waiting for the event to come back