My 371 speed CAT goes after a 321 speed opponent

DenMemmy
3 posts Member
edited October 2023
327 CAT goes before my 371 CAT

Hi I just lost my GAC match because of my JMK mirror failing. This because my cat was 371 speed and my opponent CAT was 320 speed, so obviously my opponent CAT went first and killed mine... Yes, it was like that.
So, apparently datacrons TM gain (and removal) can bypass JMK leadership that prevents TM manipulation. Furthermore, it also bypasses confusion and Padme lead(which prevents allies' TM manipulation). I mean, it's OK if this happens, but description on datacrons should say "this TM gain can't be prevented" as well as "this TM removal can't be resisted". I don't like it bypassing JMK or Padme leader abilities, but if it's going that way, the game should at least specify it.
I did several battles in squad arena against slower CATs and same datacrons. With our without speed up my cat goes second. The only times my cat went first were when i targeted opponent CAT with jmk and ayla and og ahsoka assisted(removing opponent CAT TM)
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Team composition? There wasn't speed up on your opponent's CAT?
  • Options
    Speed up = +25% speed. 25% of 320 = 80. 320+80 = 400.

400 > 371.

So... if the opposing CAT had speed up, then no TM jump required.
  • Options
    DenMemmy wrote: »
    So, apparently datacrons TM gain (and removal) can bypass JMK leadership that prevents TM manipulation. Furthermore, it also bypasses confusion and Padme lead(which prevents allies' TM manipulation). I mean, it's OK if this happens, but description on datacrons should say "this TM gain can't be prevented" as well as "this TM removal can't be resisted". I don't like it bypassing JMK or Padme leader abilities, but if it's going that way, the game should at least specify it.

It doesn't work this way. It has never worked this way. Speed Up is a buff that characters can get - from a variety of sources, not just datacrons - and Speed Up is not TM manipulation. I know it's a fun thing to hate on datacrons, but this isn't datacrons breaking some sacred rule. It's just how the game mechanics work.

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

Hi I just lost my GAC match because of my JMK mirror failing. This because my cat was 371 speed and my opponent CAT was 320 speed,

Man the opposing CAT speed is 321, 327 and 320...
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Just bring a pre-taunt tank to take the initial annihilate from CAT... After the initial exchange of nuking tanks, the JMK+CAT two-on-two can easily be won with slightly slower speeds due to you being slightly more clever than the AI.
  • Klogott
    56 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Hi I just lost my GAC match because of my JMK mirror failing. This because my cat was 371 speed and my opponent CAT was 320 speed,

Man the opposing CAT speed is 321, 327 and 320...

Its a 968 Speed Cat then. No wonder it outsped the 371 Spped Cat of OP
    /s