Concept idea: Supreme Chancellor Palpatine [GL]

Devian
671 posts Member
edited October 2023
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
Neutral
Galactic Legend, Galactic Republic, Support
Synergy: Clone Troopers, Non-Jedi Galatctic Republic, 501.
? Why Palpatine, We already have one:
Short answer: somehow, Palpatine can always return. Long: The one we have is some clone of a clone with the spirit of Sidious and a bit more other Sith(read: Ermac of SWU), Palpatine in his Prime was during GR Era. And this is the best GL-figure for Clone troopers
[/list][/quote]
  • Ultimate: Execute Order 66
    >> His Ultimate permanently increases mastery of all non-Jedi GR allies or 501st, removes all negative effects, resets Cooldown of all non-UFU allies and grants Advantage for 2 turns. In addition non-leader clone trooper allies are revived.
    >> Clone Trooper allies gain Bonus Turn and new buff Grand Army of the Republic for 2 turns, which increases damage dealt 2 times, attacks can't be evaded or resisted, debuffs can't be applied, attacks can't be countered, enemies can't revive if killed. And whenever any clone troper ally or Representative deals dmg - all allies with this buff are called to assist.
    >> the first time Clone Trooper ally should be killed - they gain Damage Immunity for 1 turn.
  • Basic: Do it
    Calls ally to assist. If that ally is not a clone tropper, he gains Overconfident for 1 turn. This attack can't be evaded and If it kills enemy - that ally gains a Bonus Turn.
    Can't call himself if there is at least 1 other ally. If there is no other ally - SCP deals true damage and gains same bonuses,
  • Appoint personal Representative (I appoint you to be my personal Representative)
    >> Reapply Extortion on all enemies (SCP gains Profit for each reapplied Extortion this way)
    >> Target ally gains Representative for the rest of the battle or until another ally gains Representative; then, that ally gains Bonus Turn and resets CD.
    >> Representative: ignores Taunt, inflicts Marked when uses special abilities, attacks can't be evaded
    If there is no other ally this ability is replaced with:
  • It's treason (then)
    >> Reapply Extortion on all enemies (SCP gains Profit for each reapplied Extortion this way)
    >> Inflicts Fear on all enemies with Extortion
    >> then takes Bonus Turn and during this turn SCP ignores Taunt and deals increased dmg for each Fear on each enemy
  • Are you threatening me?
    >> Removes Turn Meter from all enemies and inflicts Demoralized for few turns, If any TM was removed - Stun that enemy. SCP gains Overconfident for 1 turn; Then reapply Extortion on all enemies and inflicts extortion to target enemy if he didn't have it (GR allies gain profit for each reapplied Extorion).
  • Leadership: I am the Senate
    >> Grants stat bonuses to all non-Jedi GR and Clone Trooper or 501st alles (GAS gains those bonuses as well).
    >> Clone trooper allies and 501st allies gain protection up and speed up at the start of the battle.
    >> Grants profit to all allies whenever they kill an enemy or Extortion is removed.
    Profit: +10% Critical Chance and Critical Damage per stack (max <250%) until the end of battle
    >> Whenever ally uses special ability on enemy with Extortion - another Clone Trooper ally assits.
    >> Abilities that target multiple enemies [AOE] deal additional true dmg to target enemy.
    >> SCP and Representative are immune to TM manipulation
  • Unique: Insidious motives
    >> Whenever SCP uses special ability he inflicts Extortion on the weakest enemy that does not have it
    >> SCP can't be targeted if there is at least 1 other ally and gains Stealth for 1 turn whenever he is Hit
    >> If there is no other ally - SCP changes his game model [nearly the same but with red lightsaber] and inflicts shock whenever he uses special ability.
    >> SCP deals more damage against enemies with Extortion
    >> At the start of each encounter, if there are no other allies, SCP inflicts Extortion on all enemies
    >> For each defeated character SCP increases his Mastery, Offense and base Speed
Post edited by Devian on

Replies

• Options
    I get you’re really trying for a neutral GL but this isn’t it.

If they ever make a Supreme Chancellor version I’d rather have him be LS, then when the Ult hits he’d become DS.
  • Options
    I get you’re really trying for a neutral GL but this isn’t it.

If they ever make a Supreme Chancellor version I’d rather have him be LS, then when the Ult hits he’d become DS.
    This kit is about GL for Clone tropers (and GAS because he is lore-accurate), not about Neutral tag
    Neutral tag is because it suits him. He wasn't 'good' as a politician, but he wasn't openly bad either. I thought about making him lightside but I thought it was weird, because there is Kreia/Traya that had exactly the same situation (secretly DS but presenting herself as neutral)
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2324 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    No one in their right mind would pull GAS (who usually is built to lead 501st clones or for a JMK team) out.

As for Palpatine, he led a Light Side Persona that he dropped upon the formation of the Empire.

It’s fine to make kit concepts, but at least make it realistic
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    No one in their right mind would pull GAS (who usually is built to lead 501st clones or for a JMK team) out.

As for Palpatine, he led a Light Side Persona that he dropped upon the formation of the Empire.

It’s fine to make kit concepts, but at least make it realistic
    Game evolves. Team compositions won't stuck till the end of service. You've said yourself '501st clones or for a JMK team', that means GAS can be in more that 1 team. Exatly the same situation for Padme-JKA-Ahsoka-GK, but than JMK was introduced.
    Though saying that, I've updated concept so GAS can be a filler. For example, SCP + 501st at TW, but SCP + Cody and other clones at GA and TB.
    All the droids have 'no persona', yet we have no neutral droid in the game; Saw Gerrera was a terrorist with 'good intentions'. Palpatine hid his real self, so making him Neutral is pretty rational. And as I understand units in this game can't ''switch'' sides, which he does when there are no ''witnesses''.
  • Options
    Units can’t switch sides… yet. New GLs usually introduce new mechanics, new events too.

Droids do very much have persona, I don’t know where you’re thinking otherwise. C-3PO is a benevolent protocol droid, 0-0-0 is one with murderous intentions
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Units can’t switch sides… yet. New GLs usually introduce new mechanics, new events too.

Droids do very much have persona, I don’t know where you’re thinking otherwise. C-3PO is a benevolent protocol droid, 0-0-0 is one with murderous intentions
    Neutral tag took devs a long time to implement, even considering they wanted it for first GL, so not sure they'll want to spend their time on this mechanic.

You can program droids, wipe their memories. C-3po mixed with b1 was dark side or lightside? Benevolent killer... t3m4 was neutral inside kotor yet he is LS inside swgoh.