Very Stupid Balance of Power

Prev1
DarthNihiluz0
9 posts Member
edited October 2023
I couldn't defeat Relic 4 and 2 12th level characters in the grand arena with 9 Relic 7 characters. The game's balance of power is so stupid. I can't get paid for the work I put in.

Replies

  • Options
    Either you have poor mods or you’re using the wrong teams, hard to tell which when you just lay out a complaint with no details and nothing to back it up.
  • DarthNihiluz0
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Either you have poor mods or you’re using the wrong teams, hard to tell which when you just lay out a complaint with no details and nothing to back it up.

    I played with Empire, Sith Triumvirate and First Order, their mods are health and they are all gold or higher. However, relic 3 and 2 12th level characters cannot defeat 9 relic 7 characters. The game is stupidly designed. This is the damage EA has done to Star Wars.
  • Options
    What squad were you up against?
  • DarthNihiluz0
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    What squad were you up against?

    Jedi Revan, Shan and Jolee. Just because all modes have speed as their additional feature, I don't get the turn to attack. Then make all the modes speed and call the game name is a speed game. Those crappy characters, can't beat 9 relics 7 characters.
  • Options
    What is your ally code?
  • Options
    379-126-678
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2414 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    To be blunt, your mods are poor. Little to no added speed is ensuring that your characters are going to go last or not at all. Your characters may have more relic levels but that isn’t going to help them take turns. You’ve traded all your speed for bulk.

    I would recommend you take the time to farm good mods and replace what you have character by character, squad by squad.
  • Options
    Blunt? Being generous there.

    I looked at the top few characters in the roster, and I see just catastrophic waste of mod materials. 6A speed set mod with no speed secondary to even start with? That's on half of the mods on SLKR.

    Darth Revan with a total of 4 speed rolls across all his mods. And the primaries choices?

    Have a look at Fatal's mod 101 vids. Look at what top players on swgoh.gg do for sets and primaries.

    It basically looks like you need to replace 90% of your mods. You can put all those 6 dot mods on pilots to beef up their ships. That's about all most of them are good for.

    Yes. Speed is king.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2414 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    “If speed doesn’t increase” a good majority of your mods don’t have speed in the first place so upgrading those was a waste right from the start. A slight speed difference can be fine, but what you have is a massive speed difference.

    Put in the work to farm mods, all players should. If you ignore it then the fault isn’t with the game, it’s with you.
  • TVF
    36851 posts Member
    Options
    This is how this game works. You either join in, don't care, or find a different game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yes, this shi-tty game demands speed in every module. If you have speed, a cat can eat a tiger, let me kiss your mind ea.

    We need to find the compatible module, then we need to increase its levels and unlock additional features, it throws them randomly and if the speed does not increase, the module becomes garbage. Even if there is a slight speed difference, you can respond to 5 attacks once, but in galactic legends, even though there is a 2 times speed difference, there is not that much attack difference. Stupid game.

    Dude, you're just not very good at the game... try candy crush! It's really great.
  • Options
    I feel like a SpongeBob meme would be appropriate here... but could be seen as trolling. But ya speed is the name of the game. You know what? Many games like this speed or a very certain stat is the name of the game.
  • Options
    I appreciate you don’t like the game design, but it isn’t going to change, especially after 7/8 years. So you can either improve your mods and adapt to it, or continue to be frustrated.
    797-722-718
  • Options
    OP, your presenting your argument as being rational but that people are failing to understand. So, can you please explain why you chose to mod Darth Revan with protection primaries? Because I'll admit I'm struggling to understand that.
  • Options
    I furthermore am wondering if you’ve ever tried to look up guides on mods, or at the very least tried to see why you’d be losing so consistently against lower geared opponents.

    I hope you do, otherwise you won’t really enjoy the game.

    We’ve tried to point out the mistakes you’ve made, and given you the advice you can either use or ignore.
  • TVF
    36851 posts Member
    Options
    It's a "mod"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3932 posts Member
    Options
    OP: Why am I losing?

    Everyone: This is why you're losing

    OP: well that's dumb I should be winning

    Forums in a nutshell.
  • Options
    S1th_Daddy wrote: »
    just outta curiosity, why is the playerj comment trolling? makes sense and doesn't seem offensive 🤔

    Exactly!
    It’s not trolling or spamming as my post is original.

    They get upset because I challenge what they believe is right.
    Also, I will give an example of how a MOD with out speed can be worth keeping.

    A Pre-taunting tank with a MOD which has no speed, yet has quad roll in health % is a good MOD.
    The tank doesn’t necessarily need to be fast because it already has its taunt up.
    It just needs extra Bulk.
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1111 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    S1th_Daddy wrote: »
    just outta curiosity, why is the playerj comment trolling? makes sense and doesn't seem offensive 🤔

    Exactly!
    It’s not trolling or spamming as my post is original.

    They get upset because I challenge what they believe is right.
    Also, I will give an example of how a MOD with out speed can be worth keeping.

    A Pre-taunting tank with a MOD which has no speed, yet has quad roll in health % is a good MOD.
    The tank doesn’t necessarily need to be fast because it already has its taunt up.
    It just needs extra Bulk.

    Unless the opposing team has a fast unit with a dispel, rendering such an approach useless, unless you have the speed to take a turn to get the taunt back up. Also, you're forgetting that mods have four secondaries, you can easily have some extra health or prot on a tank and still have room for some extra speed. By ignoring speed you hamstring your characters, and in many cases it will render a team useless.

    Repeatedly offering objectively incorrect advice could be considered trolling, that's up to the forum moderators.

    With the exception of very few characters (DDK, JKL, Cal and maybe a few others) speed is only beneficial, and allows for extra turns. More turns means more attacks, more damage, more buffs for you and more debuffs for them. There's a reason you'll see certain mods on the units owned by the best players in the game (those who are at the top of the leaderboards in GAC/TW). At that point many of them have almost all the same units at very high relic levels. The difference then is their mods. Look at what the best in the game do, there's a reason why they've gotten to the top.
    Post edited by Notthatguyfrombefore on
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    S1th_Daddy wrote: »
    just outta curiosity, why is the playerj comment trolling? makes sense and doesn't seem offensive 🤔

    Exactly!
    It’s not trolling or spamming as my post is original.

    They get upset because I challenge what they believe is right.
    Also, I will give an example of how a MOD with out speed can be worth keeping.

    A Pre-taunting tank with a MOD which has no speed, yet has quad roll in health % is a good MOD.
    The tank doesn’t necessarily need to be fast because it already has its taunt up.
    It just needs extra Bulk.

    That depends entirely on what else that tank is bringing to the table. There are plenty of cases where you want to use an ability quickly regardless of the presence of a taunt.

    There are a hand full of cases where high speed is not desirable on a mod. They are by far the exception and not the rule. The fact that those edge cases exist does not negate the fact that speed is by far the most desirable stat on almost any mod set, on almost any character.

    This isn't an "Advanced MOD concept" (sic) - this is a very basic concept that every player should have a firm grasp on when they start dealing with mods. There are some great videos and guides made by some of the top players in the game that can help - and they all focus on acquiring fast mods. They focus on that because that's what you need the most of and they're the hardest to come by.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    95% of the characters in this game can definitely use high speed mods. Focusing on the exceptions will hamper your mod growth and stunt your in game performance.

    Just because a tank is a pre taunt doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have some speed in their mods. They are more than just a taunt; they frequently have abilities that are extremely useful, but only if they manage to get a turn off before being annihilated.
  • Options
    @PlayerJ

    You're trolling because you're cherry picking. This was mentioned above:
    6A speed set mod with no speed secondary to even start with?

    The OP not only saved a speed set mod with no speed secondary, but wasted slicing mats to bring it up to 6A.

    There are only 6 slots, of which 4 are needed to get a single set-bonus to speed. That set bonus is nearly always less than what you could get from a strong speed secondary on a mod from ANY set.

    If speed is important enough to use 4/6th mod set bonus capacity to gain +13 or +17, then it's important enough to use 1/24 mod secondaries capacity to gain +20 or +24.

    Except possibly the OP, no one here is ignorant of the importance of speed. We understand that its importance is high but not infinite and in a number of contexts the need for other stats can be more important.

    What you are doing is taking summaries of an overall criticism that includes details such as a 6A speed set mod with no speed on it and abstracting it into a ridiculous argument that speed is always the most important thing and that we're going overboard with criticism because we simply don't like how the OP chose to mod his toons (or spend his mod resources).

    The OP has chosen badly. The OP has come here to complain that they can't win. The community looked for evidence of why, found it, and provided what we hope to be constructive criticism. There is no defense for a speed set mod with no speed on it (primary or secondary). The evidence is vast that this player has tons to learn about modding, and your comments aren't helping them learn it.

  • Options
    @PlayerJ

    You're trolling because you're cherry picking. This was mentioned above:
    6A speed set mod with no speed secondary to even start with?

    The OP not only saved a speed set mod with no speed secondary, but wasted slicing mats to bring it up to 6A.

    There are only 6 slots, of which 4 are needed to get a single set-bonus to speed. That set bonus is nearly always less than what you could get from a strong speed secondary on a mod from ANY set.

    If speed is important enough to use 4/6th mod set bonus capacity to gain +13 or +17, then it's important enough to use 1/24 mod secondaries capacity to gain +20 or +24.

    Except possibly the OP, no one here is ignorant of the importance of speed. We understand that its importance is high but not infinite and in a number of contexts the need for other stats can be more important.

    What you are doing is taking summaries of an overall criticism that includes details such as a 6A speed set mod with no speed on it and abstracting it into a ridiculous argument that speed is always the most important thing and that we're going overboard with criticism because we simply don't like how the OP chose to mod his toons (or spend his mod resources).

    The OP has chosen badly. The OP has come here to complain that they can't win. The community looked for evidence of why, found it, and provided what we hope to be constructive criticism. There is no defense for a speed set mod with no speed on it (primary or secondary). The evidence is vast that this player has tons to learn about modding, and your comments aren't helping them learn it.

    You are taking my text out of context.
    Read what I highlighted in your post:

    The OP has chosen badly. The OP has come here to complain that they can't win. The community looked for evidence of why, found it, and provided what we hope to be constructive criticism. There is no defense for a speed set mod with no speed on it (primary or secondary). The evidence is vast that this player has tons to learn about modding, and your comments aren't helping them learn it.

    Everything you said above is correct Seedy, but the reason I said what I said is due to what came after!
    Players found the OP was lacking speed which is why his team lost.

    At that point, The OP began saying the game is imbalanced.
    The OP began saying the game shouldn’t be Speed Only game.
    The OP began saying bad words towards the developers which is why a lot of what the OP said has been removed.

    At that point, I wrote my message saying.
    Wait a min, The game isn’t completely Speed “Only”.

    There are characters, strategies, & MOD which exist which can do very good with out speed.
    This is how the developers added balance to the game.

    The “OP Mind” is thinking the game is pure Speed Only.
    You telling him the game is Speed Only does nothing except reinforce the Imbalance the OP believes exists

    You can’t read what the OP said now because it looks like a lot of what he said as well as few others said has been removed. Just know I’m not trolling and the reason I said what I said was to help the OP understand the developers balanced the game very well.
  • Options
    Why do you purposefully misspell mods?
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1111 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »

    At that point, I wrote my message saying.
    Wait a min, The game isn’t completely Speed “Only”.

    There are characters, strategies, & MOD which exist which can do very good with out speed.
    This is how the developers added balance to the game.

    The “OP Mind” is thinking the game is pure Speed Only.
    You telling him the game is Speed Only does nothing except reinforce the Imbalance the OP believes exists

    You can’t read what the OP said now because it looks like a lot of what he said as well as few others said has been removed. Just know I’m not trolling and the reason I said what I said was to help the OP understand the developers balanced the game very well.

    Except that with a very small number of exceptions, literally a handful, speed is king. The OP was right to point out that the game is poorly balanced. It is.

    Any suggestion that the OP can make strategies and squads work to their greatest potential in the vast, vast majority of cases while ignoring speed is disingenuous.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    S1th_Daddy wrote: »
    just outta curiosity, why is the playerj comment trolling? makes sense and doesn't seem offensive 🤔

    Exactly!
    It’s not trolling or spamming as my post is original.

    They get upset because I challenge what they believe is right.
    Also, I will give an example of how a MOD with out speed can be worth keeping.

    A Pre-taunting tank with a MOD which has no speed, yet has quad roll in health % is a good MOD.
    The tank doesn’t necessarily need to be fast because it already has its taunt up.
    It just needs extra Bulk.

    Until any of the dozens of the characters in the game that have buff removal knock the taunt off and your tank just sits there like a useless rock while everyone around it gets absolutely levelled....
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    The fact that you're arguing with veteran players that know these things speaks alot. Ya some may not have the best responses but what they're saying is true non the less. Speed is king/queen, you'll need it pretty much everywhere. Even pre taunting tanks can use speed.

    Shoretrooper is 1 example. He pretaunts but speed can help him taunt again if he looses it and heals if it's needed. Speed can save a shore in a dire circumstances.

    There's some exceptions where speed isn't priority but even still speed is nice to have on them. Probally >5% of toons don't need speed priority but would still greatly benefit them.
  • Options
    @PlayerJ
    The “OP Mind” is thinking the game is pure Speed Only.
    You telling him the game is Speed Only does nothing except reinforce the Imbalance the OP believes exists

    What? I never said the game is speed only. Not once. If you want to participate productively, you're going to have to have some idea of what other people are actually saying.
  • Options
    @PlayerJ
    The “OP Mind” is thinking the game is pure Speed Only.
    You telling him the game is Speed Only does nothing except reinforce the Imbalance the OP believes exists

    What? I never said the game is speed only. Not once. If you want to participate productively, you're going to have to have some idea of what other people are actually saying.

    The OP came to the thread upset because his relic characters lost.
    Forum players didn’t respond the best way.

    After the OP shared his Ally code, the following happened:
    - Salatius told the OP his MOD’s were poor due to no Speed.
    - Wolverine told the OP 90% of his MOD’s need to be redone.
    - Wolverine - than said Speed is King

    At which point, the OP had a melt down.
    OP already upset his characters lost and is being told 90% of his MOD’s need to be redone due to low speed.

    Can you blame OP for having a melt down?
    The OP began cursing out game.
    The OP began cursing out developers.

    Afterward, the OP began saying the game shouldn’t be a Speed only game.
    At which point, Forum posters began responding to the OP.

    - TVF told the OP he needs to join in, don’t care, or quit
    - Veskasakstar told OP he is bad at game and should try playing candy crush.
    - Deathbringer told OP speed is name of the game.

    So you are correct Seedy.
    It wasn’t you specifically who told the OP the game is Speed Only.
    No one besides the OP used the term, but forum players did reinforce the idea by telling him the above.

    Which is why I said what I said.
    At this point, I just hope the OP doesn’t quit the game.

    Hopefully, my words helped the OP calm down and realize he can still salvage the situation.
    It will be sad to lose a potential teammate or friend.
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    @PlayerJ
    The “OP Mind” is thinking the game is pure Speed Only.
    You telling him the game is Speed Only does nothing except reinforce the Imbalance the OP believes exists

    What? I never said the game is speed only. Not once. If you want to participate productively, you're going to have to have some idea of what other people are actually saying.

    The OP came to the thread upset because his relic characters lost.
    Forum players didn’t respond the best way.

    After the OP shared his Ally code, the following happened:
    - Salatius told the OP his MOD’s were poor due to no Speed.
    - Wolverine told the OP 90% of his MOD’s need to be redone.
    - Wolverine - than said Speed is King

    At which point, the OP had a melt down.
    OP already upset his characters lost and is being told 90% of his MOD’s need to be redone due to low speed.

    Can you blame OP for having a melt down?
    The OP began cursing out game.
    The OP began cursing out developers.

    Afterward, the OP began saying the game shouldn’t be a Speed only game.
    At which point, Forum posters began responding to the OP.

    - TVF told the OP he needs to join in, don’t care, or quit
    - Veskasakstar told OP he is bad at game and should try playing candy crush.
    - Deathbringer told OP speed is name of the game.

    So you are correct Seedy.
    It wasn’t you specifically who told the OP the game is Speed Only.
    No one besides the OP used the term, but forum players did reinforce the idea by telling him the above.

    Which is why I said what I said.
    At this point, I just hope the OP doesn’t quit the game.

    Hopefully, my words helped the OP calm down and realize he can still salvage the situation.
    It will be sad to lose a potential teammate or friend.

    Commenters were blunt to the OP because, from an inspection of their roster they needed to hear some unpleasant truths, that being that they were going to severely struggle by seemingly not focusing on speed on their mods. With a very small handful of exceptions, as noted above, speed is the focus of correct modding, and by not taking action soon they are likely to continue to struggle more and more. While you might think you are being helpful by telling the OP there are other ways is actually counterproductive to what they want to achieve. The game is unbalanced towards speed on mods. That's just a fact. Ignoring it doesn't help you and doesn't help those you claim to be helping.

    Could the other commenter have expressed it in a more compassionate way? Possibly. But if they had done so is it also possible that the player would not have taken onboard the message and would have continued to mod their toons poorly. That they lashed out after being told they were not doing a great job is representative of their maturity in taking what was constructive criticism phrased in a largely positive manner.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
Sign In or Register to comment.