Is Conquest supposed to be this difficult?

Last go around, I was able to get the red box on EASY. So this time, I decided to try NORMAL. And now I don't think I'll be able to even achieve the first box...

Okay, I put more thought into this decision.

First, the recommended GP was two million, and I'm sitting at 1.95m... so I'm not expecting to get the red box, but at least clear Sector 1??

Second, I'm looking at the preview screen and the sector bosses are G12 (0z), G13 (6z), R1 (1z), R2 (2z), R3 (0z), so I'm thinking that's not so bad. I bought the light speed bundles so I have some R5 teams, though under-zeta'd at the moment.

So I go in and the first enemy squad has seven zetas??? The recommended GP and preview screen seem super misleading... I only have a FO squad with two zetas that can do any work.

So I have some basic questions.
1) Is the jump from easy to normal this massive? i.e. red box on easy but can't even get the first box on normal.
2) Also, is Conquest the same every time? Bcuz there are some feats that I ignored like the Tuskens and Wookies. If Conquest is the same, then I need to start building them up.
3) If Conquest is not the same, how do I assess the difficulty??

Sorry for the rant, was excited for this game mode and now I'm super disappointed.

Replies

• Options
    I am almost in a similar position… I am at 2,1kk gp, but massively boosted by the bundles. So I decided(luckily) against normal conquest. I can’t use any bundle Teams cause I am simply lacking zetas(and omis). Would be my second conquest ever and was soooo close to pick normal as well. I am glad I did not pick it. Feel sorry for u though!

Would also like to know if the conquest is always the same?! Because in easy it is the exact same one as my first/last one?! Was able to get the red crate without wookies and tuskeens and no pass+, but it was quiete a grind with my rooster…so I would also consider to build up those teams if conquest stays the same all the time.
  • Options
    Yes, there is a big jump in difficulty from easy to normal. The teams are tougher compositions, they have maxed abilities.

The first box has either the same or better rewards than easy red box, so you only need to get to the first box to make it the right call.

Conquests come in sets of 3 with the same feats and bosses for the set. Then the next set of 3 will have new bosses and feats (feats can repeat, like we had the Phoenix team feat last set too). We are on the second run of this set now.

To assess the difficulty, you look at the feats (published on the forum ahead of time, or in discord servers) and see what is possible for you.

Once you get a GL unlocked, first box should not be an issue.

Resistance and FO only though... it'll be tough, but if you figure it out you'll know your toons and teams way better for it.
  • Options
    I worked up a new account a while ago and went straight to a CLS team. Just that team at g12 and a few relics can get to first box pretty easy on normal. I don't recall exactly, but I definitely got way past box 1. Box 3 or 4 maybe? The CLS team has always had many feats it can contribute strongly to.
  • Options
    I worked up a new account a while ago and went straight to a CLS team. Just that team at g12 and a few relics can get to first box pretty easy on normal. I don't recall exactly, but I definitely got way past box 1. Box 3 or 4 maybe? The CLS team has always had many feats it can contribute strongly to.

how many zetas on that CLS team do u recall?
  • Options
    Yes, there is a big jump in difficulty from easy to normal. The teams are tougher compositions, they have maxed abilities.

The first box has either the same or better rewards than easy red box, so you only need to get to the first box to make it the right call.

Conquests come in sets of 3 with the same feats and bosses for the set. Then the next set of 3 will have new bosses and feats (feats can repeat, like we had the Phoenix team feat last set too). We are on the second run of this set now.

To assess the difficulty, you look at the feats (published on the forum ahead of time, or in discord servers) and see what is possible for you.

Once you get a GL unlocked, first box should not be an issue.

Resistance and FO only though... it'll be tough, but if you figure it out you'll know your toons and teams way better for it.

Thanks for talking me thru this. Help me take one step back from the ledge. Yes, just getting the first box makes it the right call...
  • Options
    Baddy wrote: »
    I am almost in a similar position… I am at 2,1kk gp, but massively boosted by the bundles. So I decided(luckily) against normal conquest. I can’t use any bundle Teams cause I am simply lacking zetas(and omis). Would be my second conquest ever and was soooo close to pick normal as well. I am glad I did not pick it. Feel sorry for u though!

Would also like to know if the conquest is always the same?! Because in easy it is the exact same one as my first/last one?! Was able to get the red crate without wookies and tuskeens and no pass+, but it was quiete a grind with my rooster…so I would also consider to build up those teams if conquest stays the same all the time.

Yup, sounds like we are in the exact same boat. But the first box in Normal gives a zeta and that's everything for us right now.
  • Options
    zeng_steve wrote: »

Yup, sounds like we are in the exact same boat. But the first box in Normal gives a zeta and that's everything for us right now.

Yeah zetas are so important and rare for us at this time. But I bought the 12€ pass, so I will get 2 zetas if I will get (close to) the red crate and I was really afraid to not make it to the first crate in normal because I/we are so boosted through those bundles… let me know if u get the first crate!

• Options

how many zetas on that CLS team do u recall?

I didn't remember, but just logged into it to see.
    b2ecwae6iao1.jpg

Just CLS lead zeta. Didn't have chewpio at 7 stars for the conquest run, probably 6 stars.
  • Winterwolves
    1743 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Chewpio is a feat machine. There is almost always an evasion down feat (basic) and a blind feat (special 1).

Han, CLS and chewy all have stuns.

CLS has a raft of debuffs if any of them are called for as a feat.

The team has great control to be able to punch up, and great damage with C-3P0 exposes to punch through.

Sub-in old ben for defence up, potency up, ability block feats, and these guys cover you for heaps of stuff.
  • Options
    I am also doing a normal conquest now for the first time, and it's a struggle even with 4GP (returning player so a bit outdated). And it's a bit disheartening getting killed by G12 toons when I use relics :D. Shakti clones (R4-7) or Starkiller (with only Mara and palp relics) do fine in the first chapter but already struggle in the second. Other teams I have (from lightspeed) got mostly demolished :D.

I am a bit skeptical about the feedback we got here because a month before the conquest got changed quite a lot. If I remember correctly they tuned down only normal and hard bosses and only hard battles if my memory serves (there were complaints about bad batch speed, if I remember correctly, and so they tuned down hard battles). Thus, they haven't tuned down normal conquest except for bosses (if I remember correctly).

Anyway, is here someone who played NORMAL conquest 2 months before and plays it now? Is it the same difficulty as before? Anyone not playing it right now can have only outdated information.......
  • Ghost666
    329 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    1) Is the jump from easy to normal this massive? i.e. red box on easy but can't even get the first box on normal.
    YES. i only moved to Hard when i was getting red box on Normal. And even then it was not easy to clear the first sector. Teams need to improve, and you need several teams for the feats.
    2) Also, is Conquest the same every time? Bcuz there are some feats that I ignored like the Tuskens and Wookies. If Conquest is the same, then I need to start building them up.
    Consquest comes in groups of THREE...difficulty is usually the same on those three, but can change somewhat on the next group. And feats change A LOT.
    You dont...you dive in and hope for the best. Sometimes difficulty increases a bit, but overal it remains the same...just the feats change a lot. As you roster improves it should get easier.
    The sector 1 rewards are usually BETTER than the tor rewards of the difficulty below...

• Options
    Gerban1 wrote: »
    I am also doing a normal conquest now for the first time, and it's a struggle even with 4GP (returning player so a bit outdated). And it's a bit disheartening getting killed by G12 toons when I use relics :D. Shakti clones (R4-7) or Starkiller (with only Mara and palp relics) do fine in the first chapter but already struggle in the second. Other teams I have (from lightspeed) got mostly demolished :D.

I am a bit skeptical about the feedback we got here because a month before the conquest got changed quite a lot. If I remember correctly they tuned down only normal and hard bosses and only hard battles if my memory serves (there were complaints about bad batch speed, if I remember correctly, and so they tuned down hard battles). Thus, they haven't tuned down normal conquest except for bosses (if I remember correctly).

Anyway, is here someone who played NORMAL conquest 2 months before and plays it now? Is it the same difficulty as before? Anyone not playing it right now can have only outdated information.......

Ok.

Here you go.
    55ymkbvkrtea.jpg
    dvj0k7b0jd71.jpg
    bfj0iijybuay.jpg
    lfpwtha4xqju.jpg

Yes, only 2 star on the miniboss but some of them were 40% stamina.
    I used the shown CLS squad, Iden troopers, empire (palp lead but no zeta, Vader, tarkin, gideon, mara), Bounty hunters.

I would struggle for feats this conquest due to no kneesa, crex, tarful. But if I hadn't stopped using this account I would have all that stuff and I'm confident I could get a few reward crates.

I didn't think it was any higher difficulty, and if a 1.5M gp account can do that, then it's truly a case of getting good for a 4M gp account.
  • Options
    Gerban1 wrote: »

Ok.

Here you go.
    55ymkbvkrtea.jpg
    dvj0k7b0jd71.jpg
    bfj0iijybuay.jpg
    lfpwtha4xqju.jpg

Yes, only 2 star on the miniboss but some of them were 40% stamina.
    I used the shown CLS squad, Iden troopers, empire (palp lead but no zeta, Vader, tarkin, gideon, mara), Bounty hunters.

I would struggle for feats this conquest due to no kneesa, crex, tarful. But if I hadn't stopped using this account I would have all that stuff and I'm confident I could get a few reward crates.

I didn't think it was any higher difficulty, and if a 1.5M gp account can do that, then it's truly a case of getting good for a 4M gp account.

Thanks, your CLS is better than mine, so that helps (though against padme it could be problematic).

However, I still believe that the difficulty is not right.
    Mostly because of speed (with CLS you can probably mitigate that with Han and good cards), because I would estimate the speed on all nodes to be 220-370 (yeah that high with +60% overprepared, in sector 2 I am basically never taking a first turn with my regular 270 speed toons).
    Also, the contrast with the sector two miniboss squad is very apparent. The bounty hunters there have like 150 speed and are a complete joke when compared to other teams. Probably because there are no hidden bonuses (and my gut says that it's because the bosses got a fix and the normal teams did not.....)

So I guess I should do feats on bosses and just go through the rest..... Sounds logical :D:D
  • Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    YES. i only moved to Hard when i was getting red box on Normal. And even then it was not easy to clear the first sector. Teams need to improve, and you need several teams for the feats.
    Consquest comes in groups of THREE...difficulty is usually the same on those three, but can change somewhat on the next group. And feats change A LOT.
    You dont...you dive in and hope for the best. Sometimes difficulty increases a bit, but overal it remains the same...just the feats change a lot. As you roster improves it should get easier.
    The sector 1 rewards are usually BETTER than the tor rewards of the difficulty below...

Thanks, good to know. Now I'm asking myself if that one zeta over two weeks is really worth it. Or should I have pursued more Conquest shop credits.
  • Options
    Sometimes my R5 CLS team gets massacred in hard, and I'll try palpatine and 3 star. I just unlocked SLKR, and ewoks massacred him. He destroys most other teams though. Point is you may have to use the right team for some nodes. I write down which teams work and don't work.

When I first did normal, I couldn't even get a turn in so I put all dot disks on. The enemy would kill themselves stacking dots each turn. I used bossk with that team cause he's can be very tanks if have all protection mods (112k protection). Disks are very important.
  • Options
    I just unlocked SLKR, and ewoks massacred him.

If you have Ruthless Swiftness and can use Darth Traya lead, they will damage themselves, give you TM, and then you can finish them off.

Obviously it's best if you have more Sith with her, and even better if you have strong tanks, but really once you have Traya's lead, ewoks are pretty easy. And the Sith Triumvirate is old enough that they don't have kyros before the g12 finisher, making them very cheap to gear in this new raid economy. If you want, you can even add SLKR to your SithTrio squad. He'll nuke them quickly once he gets a turn.

Tuskens also destroy ewoks, and they're a pretty cheap team, though 2 of them do require some kyros below g12/f.

Anyway, thought that would help.
  • Options

Yeah zetas are so important and rare for us at this time. But I bought the 12€ pass, so I will get 2 zetas if I will get (close to) the red crate and I was really afraid to not make it to the first crate in normal because I/we are so boosted through those bundles… let me know if u get the first crate!

Just barely got the first crate. Not gonna make the second one, cuz I'm kind of stuck now.
  • Options
    Yes, it's supposed to be tough, you're supposed to not want to do it. You're supposed to be demotivated by the grind and pain to not get max crate. The less players that get max crate, the less rewards CG has to give out for "free".

They make one thing easier, but two other aspects get more difficult. You have to build certain characters or you lose points. Even if that character or characters aren't meta, you need to do something with them so you can get the points.

The 30 dollar pass updates help, so you basically get points for one battle a couple times fairly easily, but other feats are more grindy.

I've said it before, I'd rather get less rewards and have conquest be FUN, than the work we have to do for it now. (If it took 6 conquests to unlock a character for everyone, so what?)
  • Options
    When I moved from easy to normal, I was working on exec requirements. The bounty hunters and imperials were doing decent enough to get one of the more middle crates. Zetas and mods are an absolute must. Once I got my first gl, Rey, I breezed through normal and was able to do decently in hard, when I hit 4mil.
    It's not worth going after feat specific characters just for 3 conquests. A well built starkiller team also does well. I typically now, aside from aiming for fears, use a Rey team, a starkiller team, a Cere Junda team and a sith team. Anti speed teams, super fast turn meter teams and absolute powerhouse teams are your best bets. I'd imagine dark side Mando/imperial teams with ISC and gar Saxon do well now.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Yes, it's supposed to be tough, you're supposed to not want to do it. You're supposed to be demotivated by the grind and pain to not get max crate. The less players that get max crate, the less rewards CG has to give out for "free".

They make one thing easier, but two other aspects get more difficult. You have to build certain characters or you lose points. Even if that character or characters aren't meta, you need to do something with them so you can get the points.

The 30 dollar pass updates help, so you basically get points for one battle a couple times fairly easily, but other feats are more grindy.

I've said it before, I'd rather get less rewards and have conquest be FUN, than the work we have to do for it now. (If it took 6 conquests to unlock a character for everyone, so what?)

I feel like this is an overly pessimistic view. Conquest feats aren't supposed to be easy - they're supposed to stretch your roster and reward roster width and depth. A few of them require some creative thinking and theory crafting to find the optimal team with the disks you have available. I personally find this one of the most engaging aspects of conquest. If you're the kind of person that just wants someone to tell you what to do to get it done, I can see how this wouldn't be much fun. Another aspect of conquest that I enjoy that some people don't is the planning - if you don't go in with a plan, you're unlikely to maximize your rewards. That's not everyone's cup of tea.

I agree with one point though - conquest COULD be more fun - and CG should keep pushing to increase the fun factor without adding new pressure points.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.