Thinking of Returning, Need Advice.

Mattam
20 posts Member
edited November 2023
Not sure whether to start new account or continue with old one - or what to do in general. I think I quit around the start of ships/Hans Solo movie. I have already quit once when the level cap was 60, but kep the same account and was comepetitive in arenas until I quit.

https://swgoh.gg/p/437268847/
Post edited by Mattam on

Replies

• Options
    You don't get anything new or special by starting over. And while you could more efficiently seek more toons relevant to the game as it is today, you can also simply farm what you wish starting from where you are with your old account. This would allow you to pursue new toons while keeping your old ones.

The ONLY advantage of starting a new account is that you'll be better off in Fleet Arena, which can be a valuable source of crystals.

However, unless you spend money, the purchasers of the Hyperdrive Bundle will be at more of an advantage, and will likely lock you out of crystal rewards -- or at the very least, lock you out of rewards higher than 50 crystals/day.

Your current account has TIE Advanced x1, Slave 1, and one of the Geonosians maxed out. You also have the zeta farm ships challenge unlocked and productive. Zetas are a huge source of difficulty and frustration for people these days, as there are so many characters with 3 or more zetas mandatory. And you have all of them laid out for you. My situation is different. I have every unit in the game save the latest GL (who is on farm, but not yet unlocked) and the latest conquest unit (who is not available to anyone right now). Because of that, I've been able to place zetas along the way, and while I still have quite a number unfilled, all my new character acquisitions are coming at a rate limited by CG's release of new toons. At your stage of the game, you can unlock multiple toons in a week, every week, for months. There's no way you can keep up with their zeta requirements. So giving up an account that is behind on zetas but at least has the mats on farm is a substantial loss.

My recommendation is to choose a single near-meta fleet like Profundity or Executor and push hard for that as your first challenge. That will increase your daily rewards and allow you to make excellent steady progress on other goals after that. But stay focussed on your fleet, your pilots, and your intended cap ship's requirements until that first goal is met.

Discipline is key to accomplishing anything in a game predicated on the slow accumulation of resources like SWGOH.

• Options
    Your account is a starter one.It would be better if you started a new one cause all the other players in your shards will be already way ahead of you
  • Options
    That only matters for Squad Arena and Fleet Arena.

Squad is no longer relevant and Fleet ... well, fleet I explained above. I stand by my recommendation.
  • Options
    Stick with your current account.There is no need to start a new account any more.
  • Options
    Your SWGOH account says you joined May 7, 2016.
    If it’s true, it would mean your account is about 7 years old.

The chances of you beating anyone in your Fleet Arena is probably nonexistent.
    The enemy has had 7 years to build the best ships.

I think at this point you have 2 options.
    A - You keep playing your old account.
    B - You start over with new account.

I’m not going to tell you what to do.
    I think the decision should be yours.

What I will say is the following:
    If you decide option A, I think you should semi-ignore Ships.
    I think you should double down on ground characters and try to improve your GAC rank with ground teams.

Here is the issue:
    The game gives Crystals from Fleet Arena & GAC.

Your Fleet Arena is 7 years old which makes me think your never going to get Crystals from there.
    Your GAC is based on other factors besides account age which makes me think you have chance to get Crystals.

If you double down on ground teams, you might lock out people with your Front Wall Ground teams.
    It could be a way to get crystal income to offset your Fleet Arena.

If you decide option B, I think you will do fine.
    Only downside is you will have to redo the characters which you have already done which might be repetitive and boring to do same characters again.

—————

Either way, both options have Pro’s & Con’s.
    I don’t think their is a right or wrong.
    It all comes down to what you want to do really.
  • Options
    Focus on ships. You won't get fleet arena crystals for quite a while, but rushing exec or profundity will help you someday reach that point. GA is 3/4 characters, but ships break the tie and even help you punch up when you're at a disadvantage, especially in carbonite where you only have 1 team in the north front wall.
  • Options
    You don't get anything new or special by starting over. And while you could more efficiently seek more toons relevant to the game as it is today, you can also simply farm what you wish starting from where you are with your old account. This would allow you to pursue new toons while keeping your old ones.

The ONLY advantage of starting a new account is that you'll be better off in Fleet Arena, which can be a valuable source of crystals.

However, unless you spend money, the purchasers of the Hyperdrive Bundle will be at more of an advantage, and will likely lock you out of crystal rewards -- or at the very least, lock you out of rewards higher than 50 crystals/day.

Your current account has TIE Advanced x1, Slave 1, and one of the Geonosians maxed out. You also have the zeta farm ships challenge unlocked and productive. Zetas are a huge source of difficulty and frustration for people these days, as there are so many characters with 3 or more zetas mandatory. And you have all of them laid out for you. My situation is different. I have every unit in the game save the latest GL (who is on farm, but not yet unlocked) and the latest conquest unit (who is not available to anyone right now). Because of that, I've been able to place zetas along the way, and while I still have quite a number unfilled, all my new character acquisitions are coming at a rate limited by CG's release of new toons. At your stage of the game, you can unlock multiple toons in a week, every week, for months. There's no way you can keep up with their zeta requirements. So giving up an account that is behind on zetas but at least has the mats on farm is a substantial loss.

My recommendation is to choose a single near-meta fleet like Profundity or Executor and push hard for that as your first challenge. That will increase your daily rewards and allow you to make excellent steady progress on other goals after that. But stay focussed on your fleet, your pilots, and your intended cap ship's requirements until that first goal is met.

Discipline is key to accomplishing anything in a game predicated on the slow accumulation of resources like SWGOH.
    I disagree with this statement because I was able to stay top 10 in fleet and till this day I rank 3/4. Yes, there will be people who purchase the hyper drive bundle and you may be unlucky and there will be a light speed bundle that will pop out, but I still believe starting a new account is better than going back to 1 at the current state of his previous account.
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »

I think you should double down on ground characters and try to improve your GAC rank with ground teams.

Here is the issue:

Your Fleet Arena is 7 years old which makes me think your never going to get Crystals from there.
    Your GAC is based on other factors besides account age which makes me think you have chance to get Crystals.

If you double down on ground teams, you might lock out people with your Front Wall Ground teams.

Only downside is you will have to redo the characters which you have already done which might be repetitive and boring to do same characters again.

—————

Please don't listen to him. Even if you are ftp you can very well get a good placement daily in fleet Arena if you focus on fleets. Which would be my advise. The amount of crystals you get daily enables you to progress your roster a lot faster.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Focusing on building fleets up can allow you to get a better placement in fleet arena. Doesn’t matter if you’ve been gone 5 years or 1 year, the answer would still be the same from me. More crystals = more roster progress.
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Here is the issue:

—————

Please don't listen to him. Even if you are ftp you can very well get a good placement daily in fleet Arena if you focus on fleets. Which would be my advise. The amount of crystals you get daily enables you to progress your roster a lot faster.

I’m a realist.

A 7 year old Fleet Arena is most likely filled with 7 & 8 year old accounts. Those players probably own the majority of all characters in the game with the exception of some new characters.

The OP Fleet is probably covered head to toe with Leviathans with high Relic characters + max ships.

The OP Fleet is probably covered with players in Kyber. They have played the game during the previous Fleet Meta’s.

They know the ins and outs of each Capital Ship.
    They have memorized the right moves to play.
    They know the proper reinforcements.
    They know the proper line ups.
    They have reach the pentacle of Ultimate SWGOH achievement.

It would take years and quite possibly thousands of dollars for the OP to catch up with the vast knowledge, skill, and ships these players possess.

Even than, there would be no guarantee the OP could reach top 50. It is just not worth it.

If the OP wants to be competitive in Fleet Arena, he should do what several players already told him. He should start new account.

If the OP doesn’t want to start new account, than he should come to terms with the realization that he will never be top 50 in Fleet which is what I told him.

What makes you think the OP is going to get Crystals from 7 year old Fleet Arena?
    Who do you think he is up against?
  • Options
    I’m a realist.

A 7 year old Fleet Arena is most likely filled with 7 & 8 year old accounts. Those players probably own the majority of all characters in the game with the exception of some new characters.

The OP Fleet is probably covered head to toe with Leviathans with high Relic characters + max ships.

The OP Fleet is probably covered with players in Kyber. They have played the game during the previous Fleet Meta’s.

They know the ins and outs of each Capital Ship.
    They have memorized the right moves to play.
    They know the proper reinforcements.
    They know the proper line ups.
    They have reach the pentacle of Ultimate SWGOH achievement.

It would take years and quite possibly thousands of dollars for the OP to catch up with the vast knowledge, skill, and ships these players possess.

Even than, there would be no guarantee the OP could reach top 50. It is just not worth it.

If the OP wants to be competitive in Fleet Arena, he should do what several players already told him. He should start new account.

If the OP doesn’t want to start new account, than he should come to terms with the realization that he will never be top 50 in Fleet which is what I told him.

What makes you think the OP is going to get Crystals from 7 year old Fleet Arena?
    Who do you think he is up against?

You’ve also only been playing for the better part of 16 weeks so you giving this kind of advice is a bit over your head…

As someone who is part of a fleet shard seven years old I can say that the OP has a good chance of getting to the top 20 easily should he focus on one of the 3 powerful fleets, and considering his roster the Executor is the closest for him.

@Mattam Go for Executor, it’ll help you start pushing through the lower ranks of fleet arena.
  • Options
    OP can you share a picture of the top 50 players + Capital Ships in your Fleet Arena?
  • Options
    I’m a realist.

So, you're a realist, but you're gonna go with what you imagine is true. Understood.

Uh, no. This is not GAC where you need to match your opponents on multiple fleets at the same time. You only need one good fleet. While there are cutthroat fleet shards, and it is possible that the OP is in one, the majority of shards are ... not that.

Furthermore, it just doesn't take that long to get Executor. Razor Crest is the only hard-to-farm requirement. While it does take time to build up all the relic mats to meet the prerequisites, it does not take "years". 24 months is a very, very long time in this game. You are way off.

Please do not give out misinformation based on your fears.

Actual farming time for different resources can be estimated usefully using a spreadsheet and tracking one's actual progress or using one of the many calculators for SWGOH players available on the internet (though these don't include unexpected additions, like double drops days).
  • Mattam
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Well this is blowing up unexpectantly. I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I've read through all the comments now.

I took the time to find a guild, play the game, familiarise myself with all the new content etc.. I decided to stick with this account. There's only 4 Leviathans in the top 50, rest are 7* Exec, Prof etc.. My shard seems pretty doable, I haven't found a discord for it yet. Maybe 1/5 of the top 50 are not in a guild and don't change rankings from what I can tell. Top 20 is definitely active - I reckon top 50 fleets will be achieveable in 4-9 months depending on RNG. I'm not really interested in buying the Hyper bundle for a new account.

I've decided to beeline SEE + Exec overlap/background farm. SEE will help with GAC and TW. So looking at Empire/Sith team, Trooper team, eventually BH, Phoenix, CLS, Ewoks.
    Current farms:
    Wampa (1st Omni)
    Savage (Omni prio)
    Traya (Omni prio)
    Sion
    Talon
    Mara (Omni Prio)
    Piett
    Tie Bomber
    JKA + ETA2
    Bossk
    Hound's Tooth (+ Jango)
    Greef (+ Rebel Y-Wing)
    CRex
    Sabine + ship
    Geo Spy + ship
    Sun Fac + ship
    Poggle
    Nute
    Razorcrest whenever it appears in Fleets
    Grievous whenever shows up

Eventually Krennic, Moff Gideon, Dark Trooper, The Mandolorian, Dengar, 3po&Chewy.

After 1st GL, not too sure - will have to re-evaluate progress at that point.
    Roster should look something like this:
    Palp (L), Vader, Mara, Thrawn, Royal Guard/5th Empire
    Traya (L), Sion, Nihilus, Talon, Savage/Maul?
    Veers (L), Piett, Tarkin, Starck, Shoretrooper - eventually Moff Gideon/Dark Trooper.for Tarkin/Shore
    Wampa (GAC)
    Savage (GAC)
    Bossk (L), Boba, Jango, Greef, The Mando
    CLS (L), Han, Chewie, C3po, 3po+Chewie
    Hera (L), CRex, Sabine, Kanan, Chopper
    Padme (L), JKA, General Kenobi, Mace, Ahsoka (OG?)
    Poggle (L), Nute, 3 Geos (no Brood alpha)
    7* Chimera or Executrix

That's my rough thoughts of my initial direction.
  • Options
    Mattam wrote: »
    Well this is blowing up unexpectantly. I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I've read through all the comments now.

I took the time to find a guild, play the game, familiarise myself with all the new content etc.. I decided to stick with this account. There's only 4 Leviathans in the top 50, rest are 7* Exec, Prof etc.. My shard seems pretty doable, I haven't found a discord for it yet. Maybe 1/5 of the top 50 are not in a guild and don't change rankings from what I can tell. Top 20 is definitely active - I reckon top 50 fleets will be achieveable in 4-9 months depending on RNG. I'm not really interested in buying the Hyper bundle for a new account.

I've decided to beeline SEE + Exec overlap/background farm. SEE will help with GAC and TW. So looking at Empire/Sith team, Trooper team, eventually BH, Phoenix, CLS, Ewoks.
    Current farms:
    Wampa (1st Omni)
    Savage (Omni prio)
    Traya (Omni prio)
    Sion
    Talon
    Mara (Omni Prio)
    Piett
    Tie Bomber
    JKA + ETA2
    Bossk
    Hound's Tooth (+ Jango)
    Greef (+ Rebel Y-Wing)
    CRex
    Sabine + ship
    Geo Spy + ship
    Sun Fac + ship
    Poggle
    Nute
    Razorcrest whenever it appears in Fleets
    Grievous whenever shows up

Eventually Krennic, Moff Gideon, Dark Trooper, The Mandolorian, Dengar, 3po&Chewy.

After 1st GL, not too sure - will have to re-evaluate progress at that point.
    Roster should look something like this:
    Palp (L), Vader, Mara, Thrawn, Royal Guard/5th Empire
    Traya (L), Sion, Nihilus, Talon, Savage/Maul?
    Veers (L), Piett, Tarkin, Starck, Shoretrooper - eventually Moff Gideon/Dark Trooper.for Tarkin/Shore
    Wampa (GAC)
    Savage (GAC)
    Bossk (L), Boba, Jango, Greef, The Mando
    CLS (L), Han, Chewie, C3po, 3po+Chewie
    Hera (L), CRex, Sabine, Kanan, Chopper
    Padme (L), JKA, General Kenobi, Mace, Ahsoka (OG?)
    Poggle (L), Nute, 3 Geos (no Brood alpha)
    7* Chimera or Executrix

That's my rough thoughts of my initial direction.

That is a very good plan. Stick with your farms.
  • Options
    you don’t need jango unless you want him- bossk is the pilot of ht. he is still a good character, but if you ware just tryna go for the ship bossk is the pilot.
  • Options
    you don’t need jango unless you want him- bossk is the pilot of ht. he is still a good character, but if you ware just tryna go for the ship bossk is the pilot.

Yeah, Jango is just a bonus since they share the same node for what I'm currently farming.
  • Options
    Mattam wrote: »

Yeah, Jango is just a bonus since they share the same node for what I'm currently farming.

oh gotcha cool just wanted to make sure you didn’t get mixed up.
  • Options
    if you are a spender and lightspeed bundles happen again you can slingshot yourself very high by unlocking rey and slkr quickly
  • Options
    I would just say go for exec because....
    DEATH STAR