What the hell is going on with these level 50+ Phoenix teams in Squad Arena?

Hey guys,

I'm a level 62 player who is building his imperial Palpatine-Darth Vader team. I keep coming across these "weak" Phoenix teams from time to time, and I think of them as eazy prey. However, whenever I attack one of them, they attack my character with the ENTIRE SQUAD! WHAT THE HELL! 60+ Phoenix teams DON'T DO THIS! This has got to be hacks, right?

Replies

• Options
    It’s not a hack. If you want, try a different team (how are your nightsisters) but the biggest take away here is never think about an opponent as easy prey.
  • Options
    Phoenix were a team that were always just missing something to make them great. Turns out that thing was captain rex.
  • Options
    Captain Rex is the toon that does that
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Kaerindal wrote: »
    Captain Rex is the toon that does that

Actually if you read the OP, you'll realize it's Kanan.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm a level 62 player who is building his imperial Palpatine-Darth Vader team. I keep coming across these "weak" Phoenix teams from time to time, and I think of them as eazy prey. However, whenever I attack one of them, they attack my character with the ENTIRE SQUAD! WHAT THE HELL! 60+ Phoenix teams DON'T DO THIS! This has got to be hacks, right?

Read Kanan's kit
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Right, thanks guys...
  • Options
    The amount of times I've been like "this squad again haha ez" and then get obliterated, not just Phoenix either, zeta cal kestis was a kick in the teeth for my geos
  • Options
    Phoenix was considered the best beginner/starter teams for many years.
    A lot of Youtubers recommended starting with Phoenix as your 1st team in the game.

For the above reason, You will see thousands of players running them.
    Those players run them as part of Older Farm Guides.

Recently, with in last year 2023, Several YouTubers Changed their beginner/starter team recommendation.
    Several Youtubers made videos recommending a different team vs. Phoenix.

The reason why is because the game changed how players acquire Hera.
    Hera is the Only Leader of the Phoenix team and she use to be in Cantina.

You could 7 Star Hera really fast from the Cantina.
    The game moved her to a Hard Node which uses regular energy which takes long time to farm.

For the above reason, Youtubers began recommending different starter teams.
    A few different teams Youtubers began recommending:
    - Imperial Troopers
    - Jedi
    - Galactic Republic
    - Rebels

After Youtubers began recommending different teams, The game decided to introduce a new Phoenix character.
    They added in the new Phoenix Character named Captian Rex.
    I think they did it to persuade Youtubers & Players to go back to farming Phoenix.

sl1l5h1regek.jpeg

The game has a lot of Starter Phoenix Packs.
    You can see from pictures above.

The game even has a Phoenix Monthly Pack.
    I can’t seem to find the Phoenix Monthly Pack screenshot, but it wasn’t a bad deal.

I thought it was pretty good pack.
    I almost bought it myself, but changed my mind at least moment to buy Hyper Drive Bundle.
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    A lot of Youtubers recommended starting with Phoenix as your 1st team in the game.

Recently, with in last year 2023, Several YouTubers Changed their beginner/starter team recommendation.

The game moved her to a Hard Node which uses regular energy which takes long time to farm.

- Imperial Troopers
    - Jedi
    - Galactic Republic
    - Rebels

After Youtubers began recommending different teams, The game decided to introduce a new Phoenix character.
    I think they did it to persuade Youtubers & Players to go back to farming Phoenix.

sl1l5h1regek.jpeg

I can’t seem to find the Phoenix Monthly Pack screenshot, but it wasn’t a bad deal.

I almost bought it myself, but changed my mind at least moment to buy Hyper Drive Bundle.

Your lack of knowledge is baffling, it's only exceeded by your enthusiasm to post and your hubris to double down on your incorrect assessments.

I pity any new player that follows your advice and I sincerely hope they don't.

If you are going to follow said advice, at least put in a disclaimer that you have been playing for less than 4 months please.
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options

- Imperial Troopers
    - Jedi
    - Galactic Republic
    - Rebels

sl1l5h1regek.jpeg

Your lack of knowledge is baffling, it's only exceeded by your enthusiasm to post and your hubris to double down on your incorrect assessments.

If you are going to follow said advice, at least put in a disclaimer that you have been playing for less than 4 months please.

Not sure what your talking about.
    I never gave advice.

OP asked why he seems so many Phoenix teams.
    I told him it is because of Youtubers.
  • Options

- Imperial Troopers
    - Jedi
    - Galactic Republic
    - Rebels

sl1l5h1regek.jpeg

Not sure what your talking about.
    I never gave advice.

OP asked why he seems so many Phoenix teams.
    I told him it is because of Youtubers.

Thanks for the explanation man, and sorry for this uneccesary toxic reply you received from the other guy