Leviathan Head to Head Freezing

Just looking to see if this is me or others are experiencing this too. Lots of posts on Leviathan bugs so I apologize if I missed this. I am getting pretty consistent freezing of the game interface during Leviathan head to head matches when the opposing Leviathan tries to take over mine. It goes to the cut scene, Revak takes the ship, then the game locks with no more turns happening. If I try to cancel out, the dial spins and I need to completely kill the game.

Is this just me or my device/iPad? Can’t seem to post bugs online anymore and the in game help has yet to be answered.

Replies

• Options
    It's not only you buddy!
    As soon as the enemy takes you ship the game got frozen, your buttons gonna disappear and you won't be able to do anything apart from withdraw or reset.
    It's happened 2 times to me today 8 January 2024- I was fighting 6 stars with my 5 stars Levi. A bit frustrating though cause I almost defeat the **** lol.
    I guess it's happening to more people but they just won't bother to report it.
    It is what it is
  • Options
    So this is really inconvenient but it has worked for now. I don't use the Safari browser at all - switched to Edge but you could use Chrome too. I close all apps I can except for SWGOH. I also try to restart the app before my push and I check Settings->Advanced->Website Data for Safari and if anything is there I clear it.

Doing all this has avoided the freeze up issue. I still have issues where it seems that the opposing Leviathan or Sith Fighter seem to go first even though mine are maxed out but that is likely RNG or at least I am hoping it is.

Ideally this is a bug that they will fix at some point. It's silly you need to do all this just to climb for Fleet.
  • Options
    It's happened to me a few times too. Always straight after the other Lev gets ultimate off.
  • Options
    Yes, that is exactly when the bug is triggered. I've had it trigger after I release my Ultimate too but that was very rare. The workaround for me was to clear all website data from Safari, close any apps that you weren't using, and restart SWGOH before climbing. I have had only one lock-up since I started doing all that. Personally I still think that is a terribly painful workaround but it has worked.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I just got my first missing buttons in over a year doing a Levi mirror. iPhone 14 so not an old device.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've had it happen to me ~2 times over the last 6 months or so. Always happened during the ult (can't remember whose ult it was, but I believe it was always the enemy ult), and I had to close the game. I have no idea what triggers it, but I'm assuming it has to be something very specific since it's a very rare occurance, at least from my experience, and most of the people I talked to about it. It seems to happen on all kinds of devices (new and old) so I doubt that hardware is the problem.
  • UtinniUtinni
    16 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Options
    I don't know if this is y'alls experience, but I noticed that when mine froze I would always be using auto before Ultimate. I now only start auto battling after I hit ultimate and I haven't had a freeze since. No clue if there is causation or not. I only play on my android phone.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    i've never had this freeze and i've also never autoed until after ult
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Mine wasn't from auto'ing, because I also don't auto until ult which hadn't happened yet.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Mine wasn't from auto'ing, because I also don't auto until ult which hadn't happened yet.

(*some joke about your kid or sibling using your phone*)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yeah, like below. Right after opponent lev tookynamxauyo8w8.png
    over.
  • Options
    2 more times today. I addressed the problem to the help desk but no reply so far.
    Not sure what's going on but it's getting worse. I cleaned the browser, cleaned the bloody junk fails, closed everything and still crushed. At the end of the day I lost 175 crystals lol
    It's a shame tho, couse I'm really enjoying the the game.
    I'll try today on my tablet and maybe on my daughter's ps5 and let's see how is gonna go.
  • Options
    If you do get a response, please post here. My ship shard is difficult so I gem each day to climb. I was wasting more like 300-400 gems when I was having it crash consistently. If you can get your Sith Fighter up to R9 it gives you a fighting chance to have your Leviathan take control of the opponents ship MUCH more consistently. Investment kinda sucks unless you use her elsewhere but it helped a ton.
  • Options
    If you haven't used Sabotage the Hangars and the other Levi Ults it soft freezes. Haven't had it happen any other way yet.
  • Options
    There you go that's the answer I just tried it. Vendi1983 spot on, thanks a lot buddy!

(If you don't sabotage the Hangars the game will freeze!)

My one is 5 stars and that was the only option to defeat 6 and 7 stars - instead of Sabotage of the Hangars I was calling the reinforcement and after that second reinforcement... Anyway I'm getting the ship to 7 stars next week and I'm happy to know how to avoid the game crush.
    I will text again to the help desk and let them investigate it. If they give us an answer I'll post it here.
    G9 on the sith assassin is not bad either.
    Thank you guys you are great!

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Seems they forgot to lock the ultimate....
    This ability can't be used until Sabotage the Engines and Sabotage the Hangars were used in the same encounter.
  • Options
    Had a new one last night... Even though I took control of his Leviathan, when his Mark VI reinforced (second reinforcement) it jumped to 50 stacks of swarm as it should, 1 shot my Tie Defender which is fine, but then stayed at 50 stacks. I didn't have enough time to burn him down even with control of both capital ships. Going to report this as a new bug to see what the Dev's say.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Had a new one last night... Even though I took control of his Leviathan, when his Mark VI reinforced (second reinforcement) it jumped to 50 stacks of swarm as it should, 1 shot my Tie Defender which is fine, but then stayed at 50 stacks. I didn't have enough time to burn him down even with control of both capital ships. Going to report this as a new bug to see what the Dev's say.

This one I think I have seen a couple of times myself
  • Options
    2 / 5 battles this happened on my climb yesterday.
  • Options
    And just again now. *sigh*