QGJ Lead w/Yoda vs. Droids - Who First?

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
So, I was thinking...

I run QGJ + Yoda + GS + Lumi + Dooku (all 7*, except Yoda who is 6*) 28k power.

When facing "traditional" droid teams (HK lead, w/Poe somewhere + the IG brothers +Poggle), the conventional wisdom has said take down IG88 first. But would IG86 be a better first target? Hear me out...

If Yoda drops Battle Mind to open (protection vs. 88's AoE and HK's as well), IG 88's AoE isn't nearly as big a concern, especially since with Battle Mind up, no one will have negative effects. So would it be better to drop 86 first? (QGJ assist followed by Dooku). And worry about 88 after you use QGJ to rip off Poe's taunt?

Thoughts?
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Options
    Yes. Drop 86 first. In most other cases drop 88 first.
  • Options
    I used to have a hard time with those squads before I got Yoda. I generally lead with UF and try to take away Poe's TM. About half the time it works. If it works you can do one of two things, take down 88 before Poe taunts or if Yoda critted with UF then sometimes you can finish Poe off with QGJ and assist. This is more risky because a lot of the time you can't kill Poe, he taunts, and 88 is still standing. I generally take out 88.

If you are able to take away Poes TM then you are in like flint because it is going to jump a couple more of your toons in front of him. That will allow you to take out 88, and possibly 86 before they move. Obviously you risk GS one shotting one of your toons in between all of that, and Poggle is almost always going to get offense up but if there is only Poggle Poe and GS left then the match is over even if it is 4 on 3.
  • Options
    Just saw you are running GS too. You should be able to dispose of 88 and 86 before they move with a fast squad like that. Dooku may also be able to get a stun on one of them.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    Just saw you are running GS too. You should be able to dispose of 88 and 86 before they move with a fast squad like that. Dooku may also be able to get a stun on one of them.

Yes...I should...if I had 12 more sun cuffs. :(

GS isn't at Gear IX yet (I know...I know) - so he goes after Poe's taunt. It's not that bad. I usually kill Poe anyway and use QGJ to steal HK's "Offense up"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*