Fleet shard question

Here is my question. I'm lvl 55 and I would like to delay my entering a fleet shard as long as possible, idealy until a fresh batch of ls bundles come out at which point I'll get the hyperdrive and ls bundles. When clicking on fleet shard it says that requirements to enter is lvl 60 AND finishing the fleet commander training. So my question is, can I go above lvl 60 and still not be assigned a fleet shard if I don't conplete the commander training?
For info, played the game for 3 1/2 years, went as far as getting a GL and Executor but deleted my account a couple years back, so starting back from scratch. Started right after the lightspeed bundles expired. Counting on new ones to be available soon. I'm in no rush, I don't mind waiting for a while until they're available again (or new ones are available). I just want to avoid being put in a fleet shard at the moment.

Thanks,

Replies

• Options
    I'm not certain, but I think it forces you into the fleet training as soon as your reach level 60.
  • Options
    Your best bet is to let the game force you into the battle then force-quit before completing it and see if you can do something else in the game before being forced into battle and force-quitting again.

In the meantime, I hope you're boosting your ships and farming as many ship shards as possible. You want that head start whenever you do enter your new fleet shard.
  • scuba
    14189 posts Member
    Options
    Open another account and test your theory.
  • Options
    Thanks everybody for your advice.
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can farm ship shards until I reach 60. At least not in the stores.

• Options
    A lot of people focus on the stores, but some of the very best ships are found on farming nodes.

KRU + Silencer are together on a Cantina node, and the TIE Bomber pilotless Imperial tank is on a hard node. Both of those are ships you should start now.
  • Options
    I don’t know if it makes sense but, all the LSB players have fleet arena unlocked already. So if you hold a bit you might join a new shard generated after LSB with players that didn’t buy or also missed the packs.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm farming the Tie Bomber (one of the few ships available for me to farm at lvl 55).
    Fellah, exactly. That's why I want to delay my entering a fleet shard.
  • Options
    That's why I want to delay my entering a fleet shard.

You know that you don't have to buy energy refreshes. You also don't have to complete your dailies.

If you just farm ships with no effort to complete dailies or spend energy on ANYTHING except your necessary farms, then it takes you dramatically longer to get to level 60 from where you are.

Also, you can complete GW without accepting the daily reward (just let it expire) and save up all the GW currency so that when ships become available you can purchase massive numbers of shards in a very short period of time.
  • Options
    Yes Master, that's what I was thinking to do at 56-57. I'm banking on new LSbundles being available before the end of the month though.
    Already over 12k of GW currencies. Just hope new lsbundles (if there are any) will
    come with some decent ships.
  • Options
    Excellent! You're doing exceptionally well. Ready for the Jedi trials, even.