Datacron secondaries need a serious review

Dear devs,
Can you guys please stop overdoing the secondary stats on DC’s? 400% defense is absolutely atrocious when a full JMK squad 5 minutes into the battle is barely scratching anyone and that’s paired with a 225% armor penetration DC. You guys are overtuning these secondaries too much again. Cap them out a little please.

Replies

• scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    Meh it is RNG to even get that.
  • Options
    They are doing that on purpose. They WANT datacrons to be stupidly excessive and overpowered so that players will spend resources to get them. At the same time, they release datacrons to match with the "new shiny" like that garbage datacron they made for drogan to go with Leia so her team becomes stupidly unbeatable by anything because they want us to burn resources (time, money, energy, salvage, etc.) to get our teams relic'd up and datacron-ready.

Like Scuba said, they add the RNG factor in for datacrons to make them even more OP for some so that you'll burn more resources and spend more money to get the "perfect" datacrons that are excessive and ridiculous.

And they won't come to the forums, or anywhere, to talk about datacrons because whoever made the decision to implement them isn't letting anyone at CG actually talk about them, other than to release the next OP garbage set we have to rent for 4 months.

It's not about making the game "fun", it's about making something you "need" to be competitive. (which is also why they aren't making datacrons for PVE.)
  • Options
    My guild doesn't even care about TW anymore because of datacrons. We used to make people develop certain teams or apply omicrons but now everything is decided by % defense crons. We'd rather develop our rosters than buy wins with crons that give 300% defense. TW used to be pretty fun but now its just a chore.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    My guild doesn't even care about TW anymore because of datacrons. We used to make people develop certain teams or apply omicrons but now everything is decided by % defense crons. We'd rather develop our rosters than buy wins with crons that give 300% defense. TW used to be pretty fun but now its just a chore.

The beauty of TW is everyone can just join, set something on defense and come back 2 days later and collect rewards.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

The beauty of TW is everyone can just join, set something on defense and come back 2 days later and collect rewards.

But it also falls into GAC too. Same idea where after a 5 minute battle you’re barely tickling your opponent even with the optimum DC counter. I just see no need to make it that overtuned. I like to spend here and there but I won’t spend on DC’s especially because of the RNG element you mentioned. Then again I don’t have a pile of money to spend on the game like some do lol
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options

But it also falls into GAC too. Same idea where after a 5 minute battle you’re barely tickling your opponent even with the optimum DC counter. I just see no need to make it that overtuned. I like to spend here and there but I won’t spend on DC’s especially because of the RNG element you mentioned. Then again I don’t have a pile of money to spend on the game like some do lol

I rarely see DC in GAC...
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    must be nice

crystals probably aren't as good though
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    must be nice

Good enough for me in K3
  • Options
    must be nice

Good enough for me in K3

Even in K3, DCs are rare? Wow :O
  • Options
    must be nice

Good enough for me in K3

On defence, certainly in my experience, but then I save most of mine as well for use with offensive teams. Maybe they’re used more on offence in even lower divisions too. 🤷‍♂️
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    must be nice

Good enough for me in K3

On defence, certainly in my experience, but then I save most of mine as well for use with offensive teams. Maybe they’re used more on offence in even lower divisions too. 🤷‍♂️

Yep pretty much this.