I need some help.

I am a level 72 player. I play daily but not endlessly. I have spent 95 dollars, and contrary to what many say about moderate spenders, it has helped me a lot. I just got Barriss Offee today. Im running

QGJ 6* Leader
Tier 7 Gear, level 69

Luminara 7*
Tier 8 Gear, level 71

Sidious 6*
Tier 7 Gear, level 69

Yoda 6*
Tier 7 Gear, level 66

Then I have all these characters that I switch out for my 5th spot...

Eeth Koth 6*
Tier 7, level 64

Jedi Consular 6*
Tier 8, level 68

Talia 5*
Tier 8, level 70

Fives 5*
Tier 8, level 68

Dooku 5*
Tier 7, level 66

My Barriss could soon be an addition to this, although she is only 4*, gear 5 right now, and like level 40. She seems really good, as when my EK and JC were dead in galactic war, I subbed her and she did really good. I am currently trying to level up

Ahsoka
Barriss
Poe Dameron
IG88

What I need help with is who to spend my GW currency on? I have Lumi maxed. Poggle at 4* dont love him but hes not terrible. NS Initiate at 4* (3* was circumstance and chromium figured might as well do 4*) and shes not half bad. What do I do?

Also, my arena ranking is hovering 6-700. I would like to be top 50. Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    You are probably gonna want a Phasma if the update goes according to what they are actually saying.
  • Options
    Phasma and 86 are two good characters from GW.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Barris is, right now at least, not arena-grade. She is one of the top 5 heroes in GW though, which is an essential mode, so she's worth working on.
    Strongly recommend being patient for a few days. Combat is going to change dramatically this week and you may want to completely change who you develop for your team.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Phasma is pretty boss even under current conditions. RP is good. But I agree with Qeltar. This is a perfect time to pause and see what the update this week does.
  • Pierce123
    19 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ok. I have phasma at 5* tier 6 gear level 68 and shes not that great. I have RP at 2 stars, not upgraded. I will level him maybe. I just got FOTP to 2* from hard nodes and hes already good (Tier 7 gear, level 71)

Also, how should I do my arena thing? I can't manage to work my way up.
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    Options
    When it comes to GW shipments this is the order I would suggest to do but I wouldn't start it until after the update because everything could change.
    1. Luminara- essential healer for the game
    2. Phasma- Leadership skill works with almost any team and is great for Arena if you can't build good synergy yet.
    3. IG86- Can star up quickly and deals some of the most damage in the game
    4. Poggle- A great support character and once you have IG86 can may start building a droid team. Also Poggle and IG86 are the only two characters in GW shipments that have team synergy.

At this point players are more to start building synergies or help with other areas of the game.
    5. Res Pilot- Another high damage player that works well with evasion meta right now
    6. Teboo- This is more for tank challenge. I find him as leader with his TM reduction allows me to cost through it. Also find him helpful in GW to take out problem characters with high speed.
    7. Nightsister Initiate- I used to have her last but she is extremely tough and who I am farming now. I think after the update she could see a boost
    7 1/2- I have thought about framing Grevous because everyone else not as excited about. Also this allows for me to get more Vader shards in shipments.
    9. Biggs- I hope that ship synergies will be relevant at some point and this will help
    10. Datcha- In case droid teams become meta again will help to have a counter
    11. Magma trooper- Could be higher has some of the highest health it is just going to take extra long to get an Empire team max due to Vader will hold off.
    12. Tusken raider- until I am able to farm 5 tusken characters don't see a point in farming him. Luke is much better and can be paired with Biggs, Akbar, Hoth Soldier and Scout.

This is just my order I know others will be different. I review it after every update and when I get a guy to 7* to adjust. I would say the first 4 right now are highest priority for everyone. After that It just depends on who else you are farming in catina, light, and darkside to build a team.

To go up in Arena you need to max out players. If you are in the 6-700's this will give you the biggest boost. I would think almost any maxed out 5 would help you move up. After that you need to choose to either chase the meta or anticipate the meta. Either works as long as you have a team that works well together.

P.S. I have spent about $200 and I am in the top 20 almost daily and have been #1 a few times in my ladder.
  • Options
    Biggs the Sidious/Dooku assassin. Awfully fun to watch Biggs and Dooku go toe-to-toe in GW. Smash Dooku in the face, Dooku smashes Biggs back, Biggs gets 100% TM (on crit) plus evasion, smash Dooku again. Generally try to time these exchanges when Dooku has empty TM or bad things may happen.
  • Blankenshipbro
    132 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You may not be using phasma right, victory March can completely turn battles around if you time it right. My main team is:

Phasma (L)
    Old Daka (bonus attacks = bonus stuns)
    Luminari
    Geo (more bonus)
    Stormtrooper Han

I use phasma's speed down the first round, then han taunts, then I use victory March second round.

Most of the time daka will have had 4 attacks to there teams 2 attacks even with a QGJ lead and has landed a couple of stuns. Time luminaris heal right and it's game over.

For Gwar I use Barriss lead to counter all the sids, plus the extra health is key. I'll usually alternate SHan and Phasma but when Phasma is in I can handle the teams easily because of the extra turn meter.
  • Options
    Also once you get phasma's basic leveled it does decent damage even without advantage
  • Options
    Phasma
  • Options
    @LRMoser pretty much summed up the popular way to go about GW shipments.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma and Teebo. Both should see a buff from the upcoming patch.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    This may be incredibly "duh" advice, but you are timing your arena battles for the hour before your payout time, right?
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Personally I'd 7* Poggle 1st. By the time you're done with that you'll have a better understanding of the new 'meta' but probably Phasma or 86 after that.
    Waiting and hoarding tokens might sound like a wise decision but it's hard to play catch up when it comes to spending GW tokens. Unless you wake up in the middle of the night for the 4th buy, they replenish with GW completion
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    LRMoser wrote: »
    When it comes to GW shipments this is the order I would suggest to do but I wouldn't start it until after the update because everything could change.
    1. Luminara- essential healer for the game
    2. Phasma- Leadership skill works with almost any team and is great for Arena if you can't build good synergy yet.
    3. IG86- Can star up quickly and deals some of the most damage in the game
    4. Poggle- A great support character and once you have IG86 can may start building a droid team. Also Poggle and IG86 are the only two characters in GW shipments that have team synergy.

At this point players are more to start building synergies or help with other areas of the game.
    5. Res Pilot- Another high damage player that works well with evasion meta right now
    6. Teboo- This is more for tank challenge. I find him as leader with his TM reduction allows me to cost through it. Also find him helpful in GW to take out problem characters with high speed.
    7. Nightsister Initiate- I used to have her last but she is extremely tough and who I am farming now. I think after the update she could see a boost
    7 1/2- I have thought about framing Grevous because everyone else not as excited about. Also this allows for me to get more Vader shards in shipments.
    9. Biggs- I hope that ship synergies will be relevant at some point and this will help
    10. Datcha- In case droid teams become meta again will help to have a counter
    11. Magma trooper- Could be higher has some of the highest health it is just going to take extra long to get an Empire team max due to Vader will hold off.
    12. Tusken raider- until I am able to farm 5 tusken characters don't see a point in farming him. Luke is much better and can be paired with Biggs, Akbar, Hoth Soldier and Scout.

This is just my order I know others will be different. I review it after every update and when I get a guy to 7* to adjust. I would say the first 4 right now are highest priority for everyone. After that It just depends on who else you are farming in catina, light, and darkside to build a team.

To go up in Arena you need to max out players. If you are in the 6-700's this will give you the biggest boost. I would think almost any maxed out 5 would help you move up. After that you need to choose to either chase the meta or anticipate the meta. Either works as long as you have a team that works well together.

P.S. I have spent about $200 and I am in the top 20 almost daily and have been #1 a few times in my ladder.

Good post
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~