Missed the mark

Anyone else feel like CG really missed the mark with these packs? I understand we can't always get the same value as the ls packs, but.... $99.99 for fleet mats? 5K Crystal's for a randome ls/ds toon. 5k crystals for 150 ship shards?

Replies

• Options
    It kind of feels insulting after they saw how much more they could make with actual good value bundles.

Not to say they shouldn't do the big-spender stuff, but presenting it as this amazingly great value, and for celebrating an anniversary... I feel insulted, and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.
  • Options
    Right? I fully appreciate that our game is their buisness. They have to make profits... but, this is the week to drop something of value. I have no issue spending, but I'm not spending $100 on omega mats.
  • Options
    CG will get the message when no one buys the packs lol
  • Options
    If they aren't a value to you, then don't buy them. CG will, as @Bruminor said, notice how many people are buying. If they're hitting their revenue targets, the price probably will not change. If they miss their targets, they might try a sale. But every time they have a sale, it makes people think twice before their next non-sale purchase. No one wants to be the person who bought something right before a discount kicked in.

So they're going to be careful, and it's not likely the prices will come down soon, But it's also true that the only thing that will affect their prices is whether or not people actually purchase. So if the price matters to you, make your decisions appropriately and hope the rest of the player base is with you.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Weren't the trove packs less on previous runs? I thought I remember playing the gamble cause it was kinda cheap.
  • Options
    i was hoping for the next round of light speed bundles and/or those packs we spent ssc on for droid brains/gydra keypads.
  • Options
    These anniversary offers are absolute garbage
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Weren't the trove packs less on previous runs? I thought I remember playing the gamble cause it was kinda cheap.

Thought they were 5000 shard shop currency previously not crystals, either way I usually spend on aniversary but I’m not buying any of the packs this year so far

• Options
    Fluxie wrote: »
    just call it what it is, this is not an anniversary its a greediversary... disgusting

They give you a bunch of stuff for free, then they have things you can buy, and you don't like them, and they don't make you spend a dime. Not even a pretend, in-game currency. Nope. Nothing stops you from taking your free stuff and giving nothing back. It's all your choice.

How and in what world is that a "greediversary"?
  • Options
    If they don't give you relic 5 toons, they're greedy now.
  • Lumiya
    1489 posts Member
    Options
    I understand that some might be bummed because they were hoping for lightspeed bundles but all in all, there ist still lots of nice stuff for free, so imho some people seem to get too emotional just because their expectations were not met. All those years before we never had them and the world kept turning.

So I simply would like to say "Thank you CG for the nice presents!"
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    If they aren't a value to you, then don't buy them. CG will, as @Bruminor said, notice how many people are buying. If they're hitting their revenue targets, the price probably will not change. If they miss their targets, they might try a sale. But every time they have a sale, it makes people think twice before their next non-sale purchase. No one wants to be the person who bought something right before a discount kicked in.

So they're going to be careful, and it's not likely the prices will come down soon, But it's also true that the only thing that will affect their prices is whether or not people actually purchase. So if the price matters to you, make your decisions appropriately and hope the rest of the player base is with you.

IMO this isn’t a bad thread. It’s gonna help (well hopefully) highlight that these were bad packs to have for the anniversary. The free stuff can be appreciated while also giving constructive feedback about the bad quality packs they released this time around. The trove packs for 5k crystals after being 5k shard shop currency was a big miss. The material packs as well seem far too overpriced; 100 omegas for that price point even for new accounts is very poor IMO.

All in all I’m happy with the bonus crystal packs, free gifts and the double drops; no doubt. However the other packs they put out def missed the mark.
  • Options
    The trove packs may have well been 50k crystals. Anyone who buys them is a gigawhale or a newb who doesn't know the value of 5k crystals over shard shop. If I could pick the character for 5k crystals then maybe I'd do it.

The free mail gift was over the top with 25 zetas and much more. I'd be more likely to buy that than credits and omegas. I did buy the 25% bonus crystals though.

Some day when I have spent enough, I'll have finally beat the game 😆
  • Options
    People wouldnt think $10 for the LS bundle is a once in a lifetime deal if they didn’t also see the $100 for nothing packs. It’s just framing, no worries.
  • Options
    It is hilarious they put a purchase limit on these. Nobody is buying one 5000 crystal pack yet alone more than 2.
  • Options
    If we had a new thread every time CG released a pack that had terrible value, the forums would be overrun with gripes about packs. Most of CGs packs have terrible, awful, even reprehensible value. I guess if you're new to the game, I can understand the reaction. It took months for the sticker shock to wear off when I first started playing. Insanely overpriced packs go hand in hand with CG and always have. It has the knock-on effect of making other, less terrible packs seem like a good value by comparison - it's just a marketing strategy with the added benefit (for CG) that there will be a small subset of players that will actually pay these prices that most of us view as wildly out of line.

Just ignore them if you're not buying them. Yes the prices are dumb - surreal even. Just another day in SWGoH.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Haugs
    181 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    When everyone stops buying the packs when they’re poor value, CG won’t try to sell packs at poor value.

Until then, the playerbase purchasing these poor value packs are every bit as responsible as CG is for putting them out.

Edit: That said, I entirely agree. I’m (unfortunately) not spending a dime this anniversary because I don’t find any of the packs to be reasonable value.
  • Options
    CG would still put them out if no one bought them - because by comparison it makes lots of other packs look good. It's a marketing ploy. Let's not demonize the big spenders because we don't like the prices they're willing to pay. Just ignore the absurdly priced packs. For 99% of us they're not worth it so we save our money. For the other 1% they end up paying a big chunk of CG salaries. Everyone wins - even the F2P folks.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Yup.