Random speed Leviathan

Hello there!

I have a question for experts, or better yet, for EA employees. Tell me, why do I and my opponent have the maximum relic, while his capital ship and regular ones go first, although my Revan and Assassin have much higher personal speeds?
Do characters' speeds really not affect turn order?
If yes, and it’s just a random thing, then I think it’s unfair to those who invested in mods, wasting effort, time and resources.

Replies

• Options
    Yes it is random.
    No it's not unfair, your mods
    Help your characters.
  • Options
    Vlad_msk wrote: »
    Hello there!

I have a question for experts, or better yet, for EA employees. Tell me, why do I and my opponent have the maximum relic, while his capital ship and regular ones go first, although my Revan and Assassin have much higher personal speeds?
    If yes, and it’s just a random thing, then I think it’s unfair to those who invested in mods, wasting effort, time and resources.

Character speeds don’t affect ship speeds directly. The only things which affect ship speeds are stars, relic/gear levels and the ranks of mods equipped. The specific bonuses the mods give units don’t affect the ships. Having a full set of 6 dot mods on a unit will do more for their ship speed, even if they have no speed secondaries or primaries, than a great set of 5 dot mods giving +100 speed.

What it means is that crew need to be modded properly both for use as units and as crew members.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Yes it is random.
    Help your characters.

Not necessarily random, depends on what the specific tiers are of the mods equipped. If the OP doesn’t have all 6 dot mods but their oppo does then it’s not random at all in fact.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Yes it is random.
    Help your characters.

Not necessarily random, depends on what the specific tiers are of the mods equipped. If the OP doesn’t have all 6 dot mods but their oppo does then it’s not random at all in fact.

Very true, I meant
    In terms of character speeds,
    Should have specified.
    If yes, and it’s just a random thing...

• Options

Character speeds don’t affect ship speeds directly. The only things which affect ship speeds are stars, relic/gear levels and the ranks of mods equipped. The specific bonuses the mods give units don’t affect the ships. Having a full set of 6 dot mods on a unit will do more for their ship speed, even if they have no speed secondaries or primaries, than a great set of 5 dot mods giving +100 speed.

What it means is that crew need to be modded properly both for use as units and as crew members.

I'm talking about a situation where everything is pumped to the maximum: both mods and relics. Or at least they are mirrored.
    Those. Let me clarify again: there is nothing more to improve. All characters in 9 relics, all mods with 6 dots.
    It would seem like a stalemate, but logically there should be at least some kind of “feather” that would tip the scales in one direction. But it turns out that if your Revan is faster than your opponent, this does not guarantee you the first move. And it's very strange.
  • Options
    Yes it is random.
    Help your characters.

I will be very grateful to you if you show me how to raise a character to 10 relics and increase mods to 7 dots
  • Options

I'm talking about a situation where everything is pumped to the maximum: both mods and relics. Or at least they are mirrored.
    Those. Let me clarify again: there is nothing more to improve. All characters in 9 relics, all mods with 6 dots.
    It would seem like a stalemate, but logically there should be at least some kind of “feather” that would tip the scales in one direction. But it turns out that if your Revan is faster than your opponent, this does not guarantee you the first move. And it's very strange.

Thanks for clarifying, in that case it is just a coin flip as to which revan or fighter goes first, no their personal speeds aren’t used as a tie breaker. I can understand why you would want it to be so, but that’s never how the game has worked, so the only option is to play the game as it’s coded.

I’m not sure why you’d think it’s unfair though, as you get the benefit of those mods when you use those toons outside of fleet battles. If you don’t think the mods on your assassin are worth it then use those good ones on someone else and put junk 6e mods on them instead. That’s what I’ve always done in the past with toons that are good crew but bad in squads. Resource management, innit.
  • Options
    Hello there!

Character speeds don’t affect ship speeds directly. The only things which affect ship speeds are stars, relic/gear levels and the ranks of mods equipped.

The big one you have missed here is ability levels on the pilot, which also affect the ships speed.

• Options
    Hello there!

Character speeds don’t affect ship speeds directly. The only things which affect ship speeds are stars, relic/gear levels and the ranks of mods equipped.

The big one you have missed here is ability levels on the pilot, which also affect the ships speed.

Thanks, I had missed that.
  • Options

Thanks for clarifying, in that case it is just a coin flip as to which revan or fighter goes first, no their personal speeds aren’t used as a tie breaker. I can understand why you would want it to be so, but that’s never how the game has worked, so the only option is to play the game as it’s coded.

I’m not sure why you’d think it’s unfair though, as you get the benefit of those mods when you use those toons outside of fleet battles. If you don’t think the mods on your assassin are worth it then use those good ones on someone else and put junk 6e mods on them instead. That’s what I’ve always done in the past with toons that are good crew but bad in squads. Resource management, innit.

What you wrote is fair enough.
    But my post was precisely about the mechanics of the game. That’s why I turned to EA employees so that they could explain whether this was intentional or if it was just a miscalculation by the developers. And if it’s meant to be this way, then why?
  • Options

Since we are talking about maximizing the characters and ships of both opponents, as well as modules with a difference only in speed, this does not matter much.

• Enigmatic_Potato
    796 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Since we are talking about maximizing the characters and ships of both opponents, as well as modules with a difference only in speed, this does not matter much.

If you have an R9 DR with 6 Dot mods and all abilities maxed, your leviathan will be 184 speed. That's as fast as the ship will ever get at this stage.

If both Leviathan's are 184 then it is 50/50 as to who goes first. That is intentional and the way it is meant to be.

You will never get a response from EA or CG as to why it is that way. It just is.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    It is intentional
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH